Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Sep 19, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Joshie1 View Post
Am starting to get more comfortable with getting them in and out. It didn’t take quite as long this evening 😊

Do you all have the Chewies to use? My ortho recommended chewing on them for 15 mins but don’t know if it’s continuous chewing or breaking the time up to chew after I put them back in when finished eating.
I think the chewies are to try to get the aligners to fit in place well. I find I need them when I change trays, as the new trays usually won't sit as well on my teeth. After a couple of days my teeth will have shifted to fit the new trays, with the trays easily snapping on and fitting well - this is when I stop using the chewies for the new trays.

If I'm using them then I'll chew on them for something like half an hour right after I put the trays back on.
Old 13 Sep 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Did anyone find they lost a few pounds of weight due to being less inclined to snack? I find now if I think about having a snack that it is just too much hassle and I just skip it.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
nats1211
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Me! Especially at work. We get sent tons of cakes, sweets etc and its got to the point where I just think I can’t be bothered to brush my teeth again!
nats1211 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I decided to lose weight this year and I actually lost most of the weight before I started Invisalign!

Invisalign has helped stop me from snacking in between meals. However... I now find that I tend to snack a bit right after lunch or dinner (like have a chocolate bar or something) so it probably evens out!
Old 26 Oct 19, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile

Hi everyone, been for my consultation today and had a scan so could see what the potential outcome would be. Really happy and think I’m going to go for it. Got to let them know by Monday to get the offer price. It will be £2,975 including teeth whitening, is this about right compared to what you all paid? Don’t want to be ripped off but this is a reputable dental practice that I’ve been at for 15 years so I’d like to think they’re not ripping me off!
2018 - Villa in Davenport
2022 - Blue Tree Resort
disney1st timer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 19, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
sbuck93
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney1st timer View Post
Hi everyone, been for my consultation today and had a scan so could see what the potential outcome would be. Really happy and think I’m going to go for it. Got to let them know by Monday to get the offer price. It will be £2,975 including teeth whitening, is this about right compared to what you all paid? Don’t want to be ripped off but this is a reputable dental practice that I’ve been at for 15 years so I’d like to think they’re not ripping me off!
Sounds a good price to me, mine was £2800 which was apparently the starting price as my teeth were not really bad and only took 14 weeks. They didn’t however tell me I’d have to pay extra at the end to get my last retainers and also for the bonding work I had done, I paid an extra 900 for this so all in all paid around £3700.

Vegas.Disney.MCFC
sbuck93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 19, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sbuck93 View Post
Sounds a good price to me, mine was £2800 which was apparently the starting price as my teeth were not really bad and only took 14 weeks. They didn’t however tell me I’d have to pay extra at the end to get my last retainers and also for the bonding work I had done, I paid an extra 900 for this so all in all paid around £3700.
That’s a good point. I will make sure I ask this question as I will not be able to afford any extra surprises at the end!
disney1st timer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 19, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Just coming back to this. Has anyone found their teeth staining around the edges of the attachments on their teeth? I’m seeing staining around mine and can’t seem to get rid of it.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 19, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
batleyboy26
Imagineer

My youngest DS’s GF has just stopped putting hers in a couple of months ago and the results were so fantastic she didn’t have To pay but she had already agreed to have photos taken all the way along and she is now the practice’s ‘cover girl’
1991 - Buenaventura Lakes Villa;1992 - Hawaiian Econolodge; 1993 - DLP, Sequoia Lodge; 1998 - DLP - Cheyenne; 2000 - Buenaventura Lakes Villa; 2004 - Oak Plantation Resort; 2006 - Holiday Inn Sunspree; 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 - Bahama Bay
batleyboy26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile

My braces have been ordered today! Having them “fitted” in a couple of weeks. The first two sets will be quite minor but on the third set I will need to go in and have spaces made between my teeth and the little marker things put on. Really excited and nervous at the same time, the expected results look fantastic and I’ll be very happy if they achieve that.
2018 - Villa in Davenport
2022 - Blue Tree Resort