Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Dec 19, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I have a Melitta Bean to cup, it is very good, still going strong and never given me a bit of trouble in 5+ years.
I also have one of the new Nespresso machines in my office, the ones that do the full cup drinks (forgotten its name, Vertuoso or whatever). That is also very good, as they now do full cups if you get one of those. However it is not the same coffee as from a bean to cup machine, and once you buy the machine of course you just buy beans which is much cheaper. The Nespresso solution is decent though for my office.
Old 14 Dec 19, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

We have a cheapie one from Amazon, was about £70. It saves us loads compared to buying discs for the Tassimo we had before and DH much prefers the taste.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 19, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

Mobile

This is mine
jim jehosofat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 19, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Mobile

Tassimo is great for mornings, I can't coordinate until the coffee is in me.

Then an aeropress is fab, cheap an versatile. I have a milk frother for latte, you can grind own beans or buy ground, easy to wash, and portable.
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 19, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

This is mine, it’s 4 years old maybe 5 actually and it’s used quite heavily.

I do look after it as I don’t want to spend the £1000 again replacing it

It self cleans and has a hot choc device as well that the kids love, have to change the filter and descale every coupe of months but it’s very easy.

I wouldn’t go back, I had a tassimo before but chucked it out in a tantrum when they changed the Costa latte pods, I loved them before the change.

I would think after a couple of years maybe 3 it paid for its self over the expensive pods.

I would only have a automatic milk thing like this has, couldn’t be bothered foaming milk my hand.
captain-codeye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 19, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
We have a Delonghi, had it about 10 yrs, love it!
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 12:44 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I had one. Not a very expensive one and it was dreadful. The coffee cup leaked. It had to be cleaned out after every brewing. I don’t even like coffee it was for DH and I binned it eventually. So I’d say research well. I obviously didn’t.
Old 16 Dec 19, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

We have a Cuisinart one that we love. Its the second one we have had in ten years and in between tried nespresso and Tassimo and just went back to plain old coffee. The others were not warm enough for me. The Cuisinart comes with a thermal just so keeps warm for ages which is brilliant on a weekend or a working from home day. My DH and i have a cup before going to work then a thermal cup each for when we get in. We get the beans from Costco every few months but it also does ground coffee too so we use that when we fancy something different.

amazon/Cuisinart-G...6490040&sr=8-1
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 19, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Good price on this Delonghi on Amazon today:

De'Longhi ESAM4200 Bean to Cup, Plastic, 1450 W, 1.8 liters, Silver amazon/dp/B001EOMZ..._tz19DbM54FQ73
SquishTheWhale is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 20, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

I know this is an old thread. We have just ordered a D'Longhi ESAM 4200 bean to cut machine.

Where do you guys but your beans? We like strong coffee.

Thanks
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List