Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Dec 19, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I still don’t feel like I have fully recovered. Although I have no headaches/running nose, my energy levels are so low. My body aches to the point just walking around the house is an effort. 😩
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 19, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
HFJohnson
Imagineer

I have it and its been almost four weeks now. Started with a chesty cold which got almost better and then last weekend I got worse again with a really bad chest (not something I have a problem with usually) and general exhaustion. On antibiotics now and was feeling better on Thursday but after my works do and being up all night with DS last night (as he's now caught something) I feel worse again.

So far I've missed a 10k race, DH and I's annual shopping trip and several parkruns. I'm feeling almost ok now, its just the general tiredness that driving me crazy.
HFJohnson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 19, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Mine started so quickly on Wednesday and with absolutely no warning! Completely fine in the morning, changed bed, shopping etc by evening laying on sofa trying to summon energy to go to bed.
I'm a bit better today, I've had a bath and been out, and done some washing but I'm exhausted again now. It's a very random bug as certain family members have it and others don't. It almost seems to have hit the ones who normally don't get ill.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Still the same really, I think I hit my worst day on Tuesday, I still cannot get going for around an hour in the morning due to constantly bringing stuff up off my chest. I seem to then be okish for a few hours mid afternoon and then it repeats again.

I am up at 4.30 most mornings now, I just want sleep.
Old 15 Dec 19, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
cherub85
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I’ve woken up feeling grotty, got a busy day here too. There’s a bad flu bug and sickness bug going round locally. The local secondary school sent a letter out from Public Health England advising parents to keep children off if they have flu symptoms as one say there was over 150 children off!
cherub85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
How is everyone doing? Have you had to cancel anything nice or will you have to because of it?

I get up each morning thinking “good, it’s gone” but an hour later I realise it hasn’t. ☹️ DH has “the worst cold” he has ever had (not that he has had many) and feels really poorly. Paracetamol isn’t doing anything for him. On Thursday, we missed a celebratory meal for friends’ diamond wedding anniversary. We didn’t want to pass it on. Said friend has now got it.

Our group of ten were going out for our annual Christmas meal tomorrow but that is now reduced to six.

To say DH and I are fed up is a great understatement. But I am just holding on to the thought that at least we have time to get better for Christmas Day.

How are you all?
Hope you're feeling better soon.
I'm over the worst of it now but I've still got an awful cough and catarrh.
I was on a till in work yesterday for a couple of hours and had to keep turning away from customers as I was coughing so much.
Just as well I always carry some anti bac with me.
Old 15 Dec 19, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

In my third week now. Got some antibiotics on Tuesday for the chest infection. Doctor said it could take up to 6 weeks to recover completely.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Unfortunately another ‘victim’ here, started with a headache and sore throat Thursday, by late Friday I felt exhausted and achy. Damn cough is so annoying. I’ve been on a mix of antibiotics for the last 8 weeks for an abscess and I think whilst they’re doing their job on my abscess they’ve brought my immune system down
Have increased my intake of vitamin c (natural juices) to try and help.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Mobile

Hubby has woken up this morning and says he feels like something is starting on his chest I really hope it’s not this, as with my unidentified breathing/lung issues I’m already struggling, I really can’t afford to get anything else!

Hope everyone who has gone down with it feels better soon. Everyone I know with kiddies has gone down with it and it’s left a path of destruction through most schools.
Old 15 Dec 19, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
kc1
Imagineer

Mobile

I woke this morning to a stonking headache could it be the start of it? 😩 two sons have it and hubby has started to cough 😷
kc1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List