Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Dec 19, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by Bigkitty266 View Post
My husband also took his own life in 2011 when our youngest was only 14mths old he has suffered from depression but it did come as a massive shock. He hung himself in our home while we all slept.

He was always the life and soul of any occasion and other than very close family he never discussed his depression or the fact he had it, so this came as an even big shock for people who knew him.

The whole thing has been an horrendous time in our lives as if finding your husband isn’t bad enough then you have alsorts of people trampling through your home family, friends, police, ambulance crew etc, then comes statements, funeral, inquests and the biggest shocker blame ! Other than an auntie and uncle all of his family blamed me “i drove him to it” and they have never seen our 4 children since. Some of our friends have disappeared too.

Life changes after death, but life after suicide changes massively 😔

His sister also took her own life in the same way, 2 years to the day after my husband did, funnily enough though his mother didn’t blame her husband, and from what I hear is fully still involved in his life and the two grandchildren’s life.
😢🌹, heartbreaking what you've been through xxx
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

For those of you who can’t talk to family or friends please contact the Samaritans. I cannot tell you how much they helped my brother in some of his darkest nights, I believe he wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for them and my nieces would be without their dad ❤️
My family is plagued with mental health issues and one thing we say alot is how are you today.
I asked my son that when he came home from work yesterday and he talked about what a bad day he, lots of Christmas chatter and celebration when he is missing his dad and grandad so much 😢 but it helped him to talk about it.
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post

Sometimes it’s the ones we least expect , the ones that are always the life and soul .
My best friends mum committed suicide when we were 16 and then a year later a friend of mine who just turned 18 did the same . Both totally unexpected and loved by many.
Seeing what my friends’ suicide did to her dad was just utterly devastating.
I have been in the same place but luckily I am still here and I hope anyone who feels this way manages to find some light in their darkness

Edited at 09:58 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Nannad
Apprentice Imagineer

I think people can share on here because they are invisible, if that makes sense, and also they don,t feel judged, it is sort of like talking to a councillor. I go to a group for careers at a brain injury clinic, where partners of sufferers can go, it has kept me going at my lowest, and I don’t think I would be here if it wasn’t for them.
Nannad is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Thankfully there is help in Samaritans, counsellors, charities, doctors and even forums like this. I chat loads on here and although I’ve not felt suicidal, I think chatting on here has helped me a lot with stress, anxiety and possible depression issues that could have occurred without any support from here.

I find it difficult to chat to my DH about things like this as he is a ‘just get on with things’ type of person, and I wouldn’t trouble my children and don’t have close friends or other family. So it’s easy to see how some people don’t talk about their feelings still and so it builds up silently inside until they can take no more. If anyone reading this feels it’s too much though please talk to someone, anyone, try Samaritans if you don’t feel you can speak to someone face to face.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Alohomora
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Orlandobelle View Post
It's not always that easy to talk to somebody.

QUOTE - sometimes you just have to pull yourself together and get on with life
QUOTE - you can't be depressed l, you're getting out of bed and going to work each day
QUOTE - can't help you but ring the samaritans if you want to commit suicide
QUOTE - it's just something you have to put up with
This all rings home far too often. It isn't always easy to talk to anyone unfortunately even though so many of us would be readily available to listen and help.

I am so very sorry to read all of these incredibly upsetting posts.

Love to you all xxx

Edited at 11:02 AM.
Alohomora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Mobile

This is just heartbreaking and reading everyone’s stories brings back the pain not that it ever goes away anyway. We are coming up to 13 years on New Year’s Day to when my 20 year old sister took her own life. She was the youngest of us all & no one new a thing there were no records at the doctors or anything so it still shocks us to this day. It has broken our family my mum will never be the same again as she found her. It just so sad to think that she couldn’t come to to one of us we are a family of 9 & she was just a kid really.
It something you never get over but you just have to learn to live with it.

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Just welling up completely here.
Some absolutely heartbreaking stories here.
My mum’s husband’s grandson committed suicide a couple of years ago.
No warning signs whatsoever.
You all know my DDs mental health issues - they were going on for months without any of us knowing.
And therein lies the difficulty.
People feel unable to talk. It all gets bottled up inside . Everyone needs that release valve opening every now and then .
My mum was struggling with her mental health recently . We see her rarely but she just broke down on us when we were away together . I think she felt we would understand when others wouldn’t . She is a changed person now . Opening up to us seems to have genuinely changed her life.
My mental health isn’t always the best but I know I have to let people know. Cried to my bosses at work . Helps me move on

My inbox is always open ( if not full 😂 ) to anyone that wants to ‘talk’ in confidence

Take care everyone and TALK . No matter how low you may feel , how much of a burden you may feel , the reality is the opposite . You are loved . No-one should have to pick up the pieces just because someone felt they couldn’t talk to anyone x
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads

Edited at 12:30 PM.
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post

My husband also took his own life in 2011 when our youngest was only 14mths old he has suffered from depression but it did come as a massive shock. He hung himself in our home while we all slept.

He was always the life and soul of any occasion and other than very close family he never discussed his depression or the fact he had it, so this came as an even big shock for people who knew him.

The whole thing has been an horrendous time in our lives as if finding your husband isn’t bad enough then you have alsorts of people trampling through your home family, friends, police, ambulance crew etc, then comes statements, funeral, inquests and the biggest shocker blame ! Other than an auntie and uncle all of his family blamed me “i drove him to it” and they have never seen our 4 children since. Some of our friends have disappeared too.

His sister also took her own life in the same way, 2 years to the day after my husband did, funnily enough though his mother didn’t blame her husband, and from what I hear is fully still involved in his life and the two grandchildren’s life.
I am so sad to read that.

My sister took her own life, with paracetamol, in 2012, it followed years of attempts. Fortunately there has never been any blaming amongst our family and I know that if somebody decides to do this, there is nothing going to stop them. That is my sensible head talking anyway, in my heart, I will always wonder if I could have done more.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1

Liking that post seemed wrong but...

I think those of us who are often deemed “life and soul of the party” , have an outwards front and an internal struggle.

I have, and recently, considered the unthinkable option, but manage to bring myself out of it. I have no idea, my life is no different in its ups and downs to any other persons, sometimes the world seems such a dark place
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List