Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Dec 19, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
kateh134
Imagineer

Before I retired 18 months ago, one of my colleagues suggested keeping a travel journal and this is what we now do. We write electronic notes from each day on our travels, and these then get handwritten in a journal when we return. We also do photo books for most trips as we’ve hundreds of digital photos which we rarely look at. We’ve also got some key items which we plan to get framed n the New Year.

I did a scrapbook for our first trip to WDW in 1999 and it’s interesting to compare the maps and parking stubs from then to now!
Old 15 Dec 19, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

I scrapbook as well, it's very time consuming and would definitley be quicker to do photo books! But I do like the scrapbooks lol. I include things like maps, tickets, receipts etc which I think will be really interesting to look back on in 20yrs time.

They really are a labour of love and take forever. Have to admit I'm 3 holidays behind at the moment!

Edited at 09:01 AM.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I spent a small fortune on scrapbook bits to do one for our first trip in 2015 but have never got around to starting it. I keep all tickets and memorabilia from our holidays so it’s a shame I haven’t got my butt in gear! I do write a trip report every time so I like the idea of printing that out and adding it.
I always do a Photobook though, they can be a labour of love too but such a great keepsake. This year I’ve done 2 for California, one for us and one for my SIL as a Christmas present.

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

I'm old school and do a handwritten diary in a notebook every evening. Nothing flash, but captures clear memories of only a few hours previously, and many details are recorded that would other be forgotten. It's the only time each year that I do any 'proper' longhand writing.
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Mo&Chris
VIP Dibber

I do Project Life pages on my phone while I'm over, but I've also started keeping a journal that starts out as the planning book, and then when we're there turning into a notebook/scrapbook - tickets, menus, thoughts of the day all go in that evening. Otherwise, I end up with stuff sitting 10 years later that needs done!

/Mo
Mo&Chris is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
I scrapbook as well. Originally paper albums but now I do then digitally and get them printed as a photo book.

I write a trip report and that is the basis of the scrapbook with photos and embellishments too. I love it and really love getting the book back from the printer and looking through it.

I do digital scrapbooking. I have the original Craft Artist prof.

I too have mine printed.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Jet
Imagineer

I used to Scrapbook a lot when I lived in Spain..had loads of time on my hands😁
Loved doing it..one that sticks out was Dgs Florida trip in 2009...we done the parks and a cruise ..she said she loves looking at it still.
The last ones I done were for our 2Dgds when we took them on a Disney cruise...they are the same ...love looking at them and see things they have forgotten about.
Also have done anniversary ones for family etc.
Don't do as much now as don't have much stuff...I used to be on UK Scrappers and in their swaps...that was a good way to build your stash up...and a good site for ideas.
Love those ones you have on your wall...makes me want to do it again.
I did try the digital way and could not get to grips with the layers.

Edited at 07:35 PM.
Jet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
neelixm8
Proud to wear my Ears

Wonderful and very clever.
Old 15 Dec 19, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

I am rubbish at keeping photos .
In the good old days before digital , all photos used to get printed and kept
Then we moved onto digital cameras on as cards and now more do on phones - I don’t print any off and invariably lose them as phones go dead etc without me transferring onto pc . Or pc goes dead.

I have done one photo book - of our west coast trip in 2014 - and whenever a thread comes up on photo books I always post a link to it . For some reason others don’t share their photo books and I do wonder if people realise that they can be used for much more than just an up to date version of s photo album . I didn’t when I decided to do mine , I saw a groupon and thought ‘ why not ? ‘ then immersed myself in all sorts of fonts/ colours / layouts / quotes etc and it became what I call a storybook - really does tell a story and I love looking back on it
It’s here . It was great fun making it . Felt it came out really well also for a first attempt
For those who want to do the equivalent of a scrapbook but without the ‘ faffing’ have a look

bonusprint/view-on...1-fa90830a34ea

We have talked today about doing a photo book on an annual basis , covering a full calendar year

My daughter is the creative one in the family .
Just to show that scrapbooks aren’t just for the good times, she did a scrapbook of her time in the Priory Hospital . No doubt had a hand in keeping her spirits up . I’ve shared it before but since I think the OP was hoping for more pictures from other dibbers , here is a few

Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads

Edited at 07:52 PM.
buryboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Jet
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
I am rubbish at keeping photos .
In the good old days before digital , all photos used to get printed and kept
Then we moved onto digital cameras on as cards and now more do on phones - I don’t print any off and invariably lose them as phones go dead etc without me transferring onto pc . Or pc goes dead.

I have done one photo book - of our west coast trip in 2014 - and whenever a thread comes up on photo books I always post a link to it . For some reason others don’t share their photo books and I do wonder if people realise that they can be used for much more than just an up to date version of s photo album . I didn’t when I decided to do mine , I saw a groupon and thought ‘ why not ? ‘ then immersed myself in all sorts of fonts/ colours / layouts / quotes etc and it became what I call a storybook - really does tell a story and I love looking back on it
It’s here . It was great fun making it . Felt it came out really well also for a first attempt
For those who want to do the equivalent of a scrapbook but without the ‘ faffing’ have a look

bonusprint/view-on...1-fa90830a34ea

We have talked today about doing a photo book on an annual basis , covering a full calendar year

My daughter is the creative one in the family .
Just to show that scrapbooks aren’t just for the good times, she did a scrapbook of her time in the Priory Hospital . No doubt had a hand in keeping her spirits up . I’ve shared it before but since I think the OP was hoping for more pictures from other dinners , here is a few

They are very good...it's the journaling that always makes a scrapbook .
Jet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List