Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Dec 19, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Fabulous news! 😊😊
emmafleur is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Blueste
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by dud52221 View Post
Glad to see and hear all the success stories for the additional costs you have incurred. Unfortunately I’ve had no joy with Halifax who state as I only had flight only they cannot be held responsible for any consequential loss. I travelled in Sept originally booked with TC and ended up same dates duration etc from Gatwick with BA which cost me an extra £600 for the four of us. I have now referred it to the ombudsman for them to take up. I’ll keep you posted if anyone else is in a similar picture.
I have had exactly the same response from Halifax. I have also gone to the ombudsman and I have now been allocated an investigator who is looking at my case.

Frustrating that Barclaycard seem to paying out where Halifax are not,
Blueste is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
charleion
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by anneeb View Post
Was this just for flights? Also, was it just you and husband? I have had notification that they are only giving me mine and my husband's, not my son and his family.
Mine was for me, hubby and our 2 teenage daughters
Old 13 Dec 19, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

Unfortunately I am having some of my money back from Barclaycard, but not the total loss. They are paying the difference for both my husband and me, but not my son and his family. They are saying that they are only liable for me under section 75 and are paying me because I am the card holder and my husband as my spouse. I spoke with the disputes management team today, yet again, and they have escalated for someone else to look at. I told the lady that I was disappointed as I have paid for all the flights with my card. So, only about £230 instead of nearly £700 for all 6 flights. I suppose I should be thankful, but I still can't help feeling annoyed that others are getting goodwill gestures, I am glad that they are so not getting at them, just annoyed with Barclaycard. I wouldn't care, but it's been nearly 9 weeks since I sent the paperwork and I still don't even have the £230 that they said I was getting.
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 19, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
antheve
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Unfortunately I am having some of my money back from Barclaycard, but not the total loss. They are paying the difference for both my husband and me, but not my son and his family. They are saying that they are only liable for me under section 75 and are paying me because I am the card holder and my husband as my spouse. I spoke with the disputes management team today, yet again, and they have escalated for someone else to look at. I told the lady that I was disappointed as I have paid for all the flights with my card. So, only about £230 instead of nearly £700 for all 6 flights. I suppose I should be thankful, but I still can't help feeling annoyed that others are getting goodwill gestures, I am glad that they are so not getting at them, just annoyed with Barclaycard. I wouldn't care, but it's been nearly 9 weeks since I sent the paperwork and I still don't even have the £230 that they said I was getting.
That’s strange because Barclaycard refunded all of my immediate family. Only one I didn’t get was my niece.
antheve is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 19, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Blueste
Very Serious Dibber

They are wrong in there assertion that they are only liable for losses incurred by you and your spouse, and you can prove it In the attached Ombudsman newsletter is a case on review on page 8 that starts
"86/5
credit-card provider misunderstands
the extent of its liability under
section 75
As a wedding anniversary present for
her parents, Mrs K paid for them to join
her and her husband, together with
their two children, on a holiday
in Florida"

In this case although "Mrs K" bought tickets for someone other than her or direct family, the ombudsman ordered the card provider to pay the full amount of consequential losses.

financial-ombudsman... es/2921/86.pdf
Blueste is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 19, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Blueste View Post
They are wrong in there assertion that they are only liable for losses incurred by you and your spouse, and you can prove it In the attached Ombudsman newsletter is a case on review on page 8 that starts
"86/5
credit-card provider misunderstands
the extent of its liability under
section 75
As a wedding anniversary present for
her parents, Mrs K paid for them to join
her and her husband, together with
their two children, on a holiday
in Florida"

In this case although "Mrs K" bought tickets for someone other than her or direct family, the ombudsman ordered the card provider to pay the full amount of consequential losses.

financial-ombudsman... es/2921/86.pdf
Thanks for this, I have looked on the ombudsman site but couldn't find anything specific to my case.
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 19, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by antheve View Post
That’s strange because Barclaycard refunded all of my immediate family. Only one I didn’t get was my niece.
I am getting more annoyed everytime that I phone them up. It's taken me a few phone calls to be able to speak direct with the team working on the claim.
Old 15 Dec 19, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Blueste
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by dud52221 View Post
Glad to see and hear all the success stories for the additional costs you have incurred. Unfortunately I’ve had no joy with Halifax who state as I only had flight only they cannot be held responsible for any consequential loss. I travelled in Sept originally booked with TC and ended up same dates duration etc from Gatwick with BA which cost me an extra £600 for the four of us. I have now referred it to the ombudsman for them to take up. I’ll keep you posted if anyone else is in a similar picture.

The Ombudsmen took less than a week to come to the conclusion that Halifax were liable to pay my increased flight costs. They have wrote to the Halifax telling them they must re-reimburse me £600. Halifax have until 18/12/19 to respond

Edited at 09:11 AM.
Old 15 Dec 19, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Mobile

I can't believe some of us got payment straight away and others had to go to the ombudsmen. Shame on them!
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List