Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Nov 19, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

I am still waiting to hear from Barclaycard. I know that they have my paperwork as I spoke to complaints the other day about initial TC claim and they said all information about it on the system. I am phoning them up to see where it's up to. I have already made two cc payments so hoping it comes before the next payment, I pay a set amount each month.

EDIT: I sent the paperwork in on 12th October, received at disputes on 31st October, it has to go to another team first to be scanned in then sent over to disputes. They will let me know the outcome in 4 to 5 working days from now. I will keep checking my account to see if a refund has been given, as I knew before the letter on original flights.
If anyone else is with Barclaycard the number for disputes is 08001615291, it will be an ongoing dispute apparently, as they have the paperwork

Edited at 03:10 PM.
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 19, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
jemrock
Getting Excited

Thanks!

Disney World Florida five times and counting!
jemrock is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 19, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
hawki
Imagineer

Originally Posted by starwarsclark View Post
Did you all just claim as part of the standard Section 75 process please?
I rang Virgin Money & asked them & they said write a letter, with reference to section 75 & send in receipts, no need to fill out tyhe form for this. Sent it recorded a week ago, so I'll just keep checking my statement for a refund.
Port Orleans Riverside - 2011,2012, 2014,2015,2016,2017 RPR 2015,2016,Grand California,POR & HRH 2017 DLP Newport Bay 2018 Sequoia Lodge 2019 Grand California,HRH CSR 2019

Edited at 05:59 PM.
hawki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Had my flight difference refund put in my bank account on Monday 😊
emmafleur is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
charleion
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I've just £1000 out of pocket expenses back from Barclaycard, had to pester them but they came good in the end
Old 5 Dec 19, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by charleion View Post
I've just £1000 out of pocket expenses back from Barclaycard, had to pester them but they came good in the end
I'm still waiting, going to phone again today. When did you put your claim in?
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
jenzo
Trying for More Ears

On phone to Lloyds, they seem to think that until i have paid Tui in full for my new booked holiday, I cant attempt to claim Consequential losses.

They also don't seem to think i would be successful with a claim for the difference in price but have gave me an email address to send details and start the ball rolling

Any thoughts?
jenzo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jenzo View Post
On phone to Lloyds, they seem to think that until i have paid Tui in full for my new booked holiday, I cant attempt to claim Consequential losses.

They also don't seem to think i would be successful with a claim for the difference in price but have gave me an email address to send details and start the ball rolling

Any thoughts?
Well you can't claim for loses you haven't yet incurred... So yes you will need to make a new booking before you claim.

Would you be successful ? Well we have all been successful! The legislation says you shouldn't be left out of pocket from a provider failure. So if you have to book new arrangements at an increased cost then you should be covered. It has to be reasonable and as close to like for like as possible.

I would imagine it has to be as similar as possible to the original booking.

For example I had premium flights out of Manchester.

I booked premium flights out of Gatwick with a over night hotel as this was much cheaper than new flights out of Manchester. They paid both for the £100 extra for the flight and the overnight hotel I would not have otherwise needed. I think most people would say this is reasonable.

I reckon if I had booked first class flights they would of refused it - unless i could demonstrate there was no other options - then it might of been accepted - who knows

So whatever your new booking is make sure its reasonable and you stand a good chance of having it refunded.

The best advice is whatever you do book make sure you are happy even if you don't get the loses payment. Then its win-win with no real risk.

Edited at 01:27 PM.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
jenzo
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
Well you can't claim for loses you haven't yet incurred... So yes you will need to make a new booking before you claim.

Would you be successful ? Well we have all been successful! The legislation says you shouldn't be left out of pocket from a provider failure. So if you have to book new arrangements at an increased cost then you should be covered. It has to be reasonable and as close to like for like as possible.

I would imagine it has to be as similar as possible to the original booking.

For example I had premium flights out of Manchester.

I booked premium flights out of Gatwick with a over night hotel as this was much cheaper than new flights out of Manchester. They paid both for the £100 extra for the flight and the overnight hotel I would not have otherwise needed. I think most people would say this is reasonable.

I reckon if I had booked first class flights they would of refused it - unless i could demonstrate there was no other options - then it might of been accepted - who knows

So whatever your new booking is make sure its reasonable and you stand a good chance of having it refunded.

The best advice is whatever you do book make sure you are happy even if you don't get the loses payment. Then its win-win with no real risk.

Thanks for the reply, yes it does seem that i won't be able to claim until i have paid in full lol.

I have already booked the holiday with Tui just only part paid so far. It is from a different airport but the same economy out and premium return.

Apparently you have up to 6 years to claim.

Edited at 03:32 PM.
jenzo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
dud52221
Trying for More Ears

Glad to see and hear all the success stories for the additional costs you have incurred. Unfortunately I’ve had no joy with Halifax who state as I only had flight only they cannot be held responsible for any consequential loss. I travelled in Sept originally booked with TC and ended up same dates duration etc from Gatwick with BA which cost me an extra £600 for the four of us. I have now referred it to the ombudsman for them to take up. I’ll keep you posted if anyone else is in a similar picture.
dud52221 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List