Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Dec 19, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
WDW365
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

We love a villa. And £2000 for two weeks is great value. 5 bedrooms. 4 bathrooms in amazing location and 5 minutes from Animal Kingdom. There we five adults and often collected chicken tender subs from Publix nearby for evening meal. Superb food and adding in plenty of drinks we’d spend about $30 for the five of us. Sat round the table chatting our amazing day at the parks. We did eat as well but loved our nights in. Our tip when eating out was as much as spent on the nights in. And for flights we never rush and panic. We watch the prices going up and down and book when they hit about £400 each.
WDW365 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I know you want your dad there but I think it'll be best to leave him at home if he's not prepared to pay the same as the rest of you. The way you describe him nobody will enjoy the holiday and it will be a complete waste of money for you all.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
EatandPlay
Apprentice Imagineer
- DIBB Advertiser -

Staying offsite (eg a hotel on I-Drive or a villa etc) will save you a fortune in accommodations. Plus, offsite restaurants are generally less expensive too. And you'll have so many more options to choose from. Orlando doesn't haven't to burn a hole in the pocket if you don't want it to.
Old 5 Dec 19, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by AtLast View Post
Thanks guys. Lots to think about.

It's just the four of us and yes it has to be 2020 as in 2021 my brother will be married and I'll hopefully be a homeowner.

10,000 is for flights, accommodation and park tickets. Spending money will be extra.
For us, 4 adults, 10 grand would also include all food costs and spending money and we would still have plently left over on a 2 week trip.
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I would recommend taking the holiday somewhere completely different maybe an all inclusive resort. We would be the opposite to your dad we save all year to go and live like millionaires for 3 weeks but even we cant help but comment on how expensive everything is out there. It dosent bother us because we love it there so we suck it up but I would imagine your dad will moan about the cost of everything. I dont mean any of that in a bad way I just think it will ruin it for you all. Best of luck with whatever you do.
Old 5 Dec 19, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

From a quick look for two weeks in August 2020, you could get two rooms at all star music with 14 day Disney tickets and the quick service dining plan for £7548. You’d then only need to get flights and minimal spending money on top. Although this is paying for a dining plan rather than getting it free as usually recommended, if I were in your shoes I’d be considering this option if you don’t think a villa would work for you. All star music just happened to be cheapest on the random two weeks in August I chose, but you might be able to pay a little extra for other options too.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

What’s it like getting along in general with your dad?

Money bits aside would all 4 of you have a good holiday together?

We stayed offsite in a villa. I didn’t really cook unless you count pizza when we had a weather warning to stay inside. We went to a restaurant/ate in parks or had takeaway.

Loved the villa so much it’s always gonna be best for us. Definitely did not do the cleaning that I would do at home etc. Still needed a little bit but it didn’t get as dusty as it does at home at all. Air con or something. Did do quite a bit of washing but again it was easy to do and not a big deal. I preferred it as it meant stains not left there for ages and also hardly any washing when got back.

We are 2 adults 2 young kids so if it was four adults it would cost more but we spent £8.5k for three weeks for everything so I think on 10k you’d not be far off of offsite. On site would be quite a tad more.

We have had it with grumpy people too.
Hubby grandparents. He used to visit them all the time and they wanted to go Disney. Great we booked for June.
Hubby birthday in May and his grandad walked out the restaurant (in uk) as he wasn’t paying those prices. Hubby was fuming with the attitude and if we could have cancelled the holiday we would.
They moaned about everything, we didn’t drive as only just 20 and they didn’t so they moaned about buses, taxis, where we ate, refused to tip etc.
It was a nightmare holiday that I fortunately don’t remember much of.
They were generally nasty saying stuff about me behind my back etc and it resulted in not talking for 5 years and now we only see them few times a year luckily.

Hubby invited his sister to come with us next year and as much as I love her, have known her since she was 9, I just couldn’t cope being on holiday with family.

I know it will happen eventually that we will have a “family holiday” as hubby’s parents have said so but there was arguments when it was only mentioned so I can’t see that happening any time soon
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Duwsh
Helping Minnie

I know the kind of person he is and honestly I wouldn’t be able to go with him, of course I appreciate you want your dad to go but maybe Disney isn’t for him.
March 21 - DLP
September 21 - WDW
Duwsh is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Staying onsite at Disney with a dining plan means food at Disney is paid for however it’s an expensive way to do it. If you plan on going to any other theme parks you’ll need to pay for food there so will still have the issue.
I think you have to make some decisions around which parks you’re doing (if any), what kind of accommodation you want, how you want to eat and how many souvenirs you think you’d be buying.
If your Dad is literally only prepared to put £1000 in the whole pot then it’s going to be pretty much used up with flights and Disney tickets alone - that’s if he even wants to go to Disney?

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post

Absolutely no way would dad be coming with that attitude. If he wants to go then he pays his way- simple.
If he’s going to have a moany attitude about everything it will quickly become the holiday from hell so let the tight wad misery stay home alone!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List