Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Dec 19, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Noddy22
VIP Dibber

Mobile Disney magic being replaced with greed

Is it just us or are Disney turning into one big greedy monster.
We have been regular visitors for three generations now and have been DVC members for a number of these.
We are currently here and all I can see is such a decline in what you get for your money and the prices are borderline robbery.
Every corner you turn there is an excuse to try and get extortionate amounts of money and give less.
The few dining experiences that we have had have all been overbooked and rushed by the staff. In one restaurant my plate was taken with my knife and fork still in my hands!
The drinks haven’t been refilled and orders have been wrong or simply haven’t arrived.
The poor staff all seem overworked and stressed and seem more interested in getting you out of the door as quick as possible so they can get the next victims in!
I could probably go on all day but I hate to say it. This is the first Disney visit that I have been disappointed in a lot of aspects of what Disney are doing.
I’m pretty sure that if Walt could see things now he’d be mortified at what’s happened to his dream.
Noddy22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Noddy22 View Post
Is it just us or are Disney turning into one big greedy monster.
We have been regular visitors for three generations now and have been DVC members for a number of these.
We are currently here and all I can see is such a decline in what you get for your money and the prices are borderline robbery.
Every corner you turn there is an excuse to try and get extortionate amounts of money and give less.
The few dining experiences that we have had have all been overbooked and rushed by the staff. In one restaurant my plate was taken with my knife and fork still in my hands!
The drinks haven’t been refilled and orders have been wrong or simply haven’t arrived.
The poor staff all seem overworked and stressed and seem more interested in getting you out of the door as quick as possible so they can get the next victims in!
I could probably go on all day but I hate to say it. This is the first Disney visit that I have been disappointed in a lot of aspects of what Disney are doing.
I’m pretty sure that if Walt could see things now he’d be mortified at what’s happened to his dream.
you are not alone in your thoughts.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Disney was never a charity. It was always aimed at the middle classes. All businesses are looking to maximise profit. Nobody is forced to spend money at Disney, if you don’t like it, vote with your feet, you don’t have to go.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

The one thing i know about Disney, is if you shout loud enough you will rewarded with handsome compensation. As a country we do not do this enough.

Any plate taken from me with a knife and fork in hand would at the very least be a free meal.

Poor service is unacceptable and should be dealt with at the time, not left to fester and reflect upon afterwards.

Disney332
Old 8 Dec 19, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I noticed the restaurants apart from the ones that are extremely popular are at the most half full.

I suppose the staff are disgruntled as they are seeing their tips reducing.

The greed used to be very subtle. Now it's in your face and it appears they couldn't care less about people feeling they are being fleeced.

They have big problems at the moment with their drive for ever more income coupled with falling standards and quality.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Noddy22
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Disney was never a charity. It was always aimed at the middle classes. All businesses are looking to maximise profit. Nobody is forced to spend money at Disney, if you don’t like it, vote with your feet, you don’t have to go.
And luckily I’m one of the fortunate ones that can afford to go, and as often as we wish.
I also am a believer that everyone should be able to experience Disney as a family, as did its creator.
What I do object to is blatantly being overcharged for a product which is being increasingly having corners cut off it.
As an owner of businesses I fully appreciate the need for profit but when you start giving less for greatly increased prices you do end up with very unhappy customers.
Noddy22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post

That's the thing about being old-timers we see the decline, the newbies haven't known better and as long as they're happy Disney will continue to let things slide.

Our last visit was May 2018 and based on what we saw then we said this is it, the last time with Disney. We will still go to Orlando and bypass Disney.
Old 8 Dec 19, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post

And luckily I’m one of the fortunate ones that can afford to go, and as often as we wish.
I also am a believer that everyone should be able to experience Disney as a family, as did its creator.
What I do object to is blatantly being overcharged for a product which is being increasingly having corners cut off it.
As an owner of businesses I fully appreciate the need for profit but when you start giving less for greatly increased prices you do end up with very unhappy customers.
Its creator did not ever wish it should be experienced for all, it was always for the more well off. It is not a right to go to Disneyworld. I understand there will be unhappy customers, I have been one too on several occasions, but unhappy customers should vote with their feet, that is the only way to effect change.

In a nutshell, I guess I am saying if you don’t like the price of something, don’t buy it.

Edited at 06:43 PM.
Old 8 Dec 19, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

...As an owner of businesses I fully appreciate the need for profit but when you start giving less for greatly increased prices you do end up with very unhappy customers.
Exactly. Well said.

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Gouging and nickel and diming seem widespread these days - typical of our experience on board cruise ships over the past 12 years or so. Less for more is the maxim.
Omega1 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List