Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Dec 19, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Just remember that Carbon Dioxide gas is heavier than air, so if you are mucking about with it, it will sink to the floor - ventilation is key - and that ventilation needs to be at floor level - a door open rather than a window for instance - especially if you have pets.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 19, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Labboy
VIP Dibber

Is the Cardice( trade name for solid carbon dioxide) in pellet form ? Probably will be, just handle quickly and with care ie do not hold it in your hand for ages or you may get frostbite, you can pick it up and drop it into water, do not worry it will not explode it will immediately start to sublime ie turn to CO2 and just look cool, don’t stick your face in it and breathe it in . Another cool think you can do is make ice poles using it if you make up your juice and put it in a mould and stick the mould into the cardice, freezes the mould quicker than your freezer.. also great for cooling your bottle of vodka down so you can drink it really cold .
Labboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 19, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
Just remember that Carbon Dioxide gas is heavier than air, so if you are mucking about with it, it will sink to the floor - ventilation is key - and that ventilation needs to be at floor level - a door open rather than a window for instance - especially if you have pets.
Omg we have a cat! I’ve got images of him being frozen and us not noticing. And yes Collete, those warnings are ferocious aren’t they I’m not feeling very brave now lol 😂 but this is what can happen if the link works

happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 19, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Labboy View Post
Is the Cardice( trade name for solid carbon dioxide) in pellet form ? Probably will be, just handle quickly and with care ie do not hold it in your hand for ages or you may get frostbite, you can pick it up and drop it into water, do not worry it will not explode it will immediately start to sublime ie turn to CO2 and just look cool, don’t stick your face in it and breathe it in . Another cool think you can do is make ice poles using it if you make up your juice and put it in a mould and stick the mould into the cardice, freezes the mould quicker than your freezer.. also great for cooling your bottle of vodka down so you can drink it really cold .
Now I’m starting to worry and it hasn’t even arrived. Send me one of your special work suits and masks
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 19, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by happytraveller View Post
Omg we have a cat! I’ve got images of him being frozen and us not noticing. And yes Collete, those warnings are ferocious aren’t they I’m not feeling very brave now lol 😂 but this is what can happen if the link works

neat video!

(The cat wouldn't freeze, it would have trouble breathing...)
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 19, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by happytraveller View Post

Oh my! I’d freak if he did that in my kitchen 😂
HT you do it first and let us know how it goes and I’ll then decide if I’m going to do it

My stomach is killing from laughing at your frozen cat comment

Edited at 10:33 AM.
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 19, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
neat video!

(The cat wouldn't freeze, it would have trouble breathing...)
Thank you I won’t risk it then
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 19, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

I wonder if that’s what they put in your tea at the Alchemist? When you order tea they pour it when it arrives and it always has smoke coming out it’s like a little ice cube - I’m sure I have a pic
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 19, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

I’m so glad I asked on here first! If I put that down the sink without being warned, I would completely lost it 😂
Old 14 Dec 19, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List