Notices

Old 18 May 21, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

The Marvel-lous 3 do DLP - Dec 2021

Ah dibbers, how I’ve missed this site and all the Disney joy over the last 18 months or so. I’ve got an outstanding trip report to finish but today, in a sudden rush of blood to the head, we’ve booked a Christmas trip to DLP and are beyond excited!

The Marvel-lous 3 are me, Tara, husband Mark and son Heath, who’ll be 10 by the time we head off. He was only 6 on our first trip...so tiny!

As you might be able to guess from my daft word play, we’ll be staying at the new Marvel hotel. Heath has recently become a huge fan so it had to be done! We’ve booked an Empire State Club room

We’ve booked our Eurostar and photopass but nothing else is available to book at the moment.
I’m hopeful that things will be back to normal by the time we go. Mark and I had our first vaccine on Sunday so are feeling hugely positive about the whole situation.

I hope you’ll join along with us as we look forward to getting back to the magic and I’ll be back with updates when they happen.
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 21, 06:56 AM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Happy planning! We are due to go 2nd December 😊
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 21, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by enjibenji View Post
Happy planning! We are due to go 2nd December 😊
Thank you! I’ve never been at Christmas so I’m very excited to see all the decorations. We’re going after you so you’ll have to let us know all your top tips!
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 21, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
Thank you! I’ve never been at Christmas so I’m very excited to see all the decorations. We’re going after you so you’ll have to let us know all your top tips!
We have never been to dlp at christmas either but really looking forward to it, it has been moved 4 times so think this could be the one! 😂😂
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 21, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by enjibenji View Post
We have never been to dlp at christmas either but really looking forward to it, it has been moved 4 times so think this could be the one! 😂😂
Nightmare! Keeping everything crossed you definitely get to go this time!
Old 19 May 21, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

How exciting to be there for Christmas! (We were due to go December last year but obviously that didn't happen!). I'm excited to follow along!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 21, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
How exciting to be there for Christmas! (We were due to go December last year but obviously that didn't happen!). I'm excited to follow along!
I know, I booked it at work yesterday and kept squealing with excitement!
What a shame about your cancelled trip, hope you get to go soon.
Old 29 May 21, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Hey there Tara

This looks like it will be a fun trip. The refurb of the hotel has been going on so long. The red boards were up when Kate and me went in 2019 and still up when we went last summer. It will be great when they are pulled down! The hotel is so close to the parks as well so not too far to walk at all. The room looks fab and I bet you will have a great time.

A x

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 21, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
SuziQz
VIP Dibber

Sounds fab, looking forward to reading along. We stayed at that hotel for our 1st trip in 2012 and were discussing the other day how we’d love to stay there again with the new theming. Happy planning
2019 DCL - Northern Europe
2020 YC/HRH - delayed to 2022
2021 DCL - 4 night Staycation
2022 YC/HRH v2!, 2023 DCL - Alaska
2024 DCL - Spain
SuziQz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 21, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Hey there Tara

This looks like it will be a fun trip. The refurb of the hotel has been going on so long. The red boards were up when Kate and me went in 2019 and still up when we went last summer. It will be great when they are pulled down! The hotel is so close to the parks as well so not too far to walk at all. The room looks fab and I bet you will have a great time.

A x
Hi Abbey
It has taken a long time hasn’t it? Very excited to check it out! Just keeping everything crossed that the parks are back to normal by December x

Originally Posted by SuziQz View Post
Sounds fab, looking forward to reading along. We stayed at that hotel for our 1st trip in 2012 and were discussing the other day how we’d love to stay there again with the new theming. Happy planning
I was at the Davey Crockett lodge when I first went as a kid! Fun memories. Thanks for commenting.