Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Dec 18, 06:55 AM  
Link to this Post
bearandbuzz
Apprentice Imagineer

bearandbuzz's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Mobile

Originally Posted by Fantasiax View Post
Hi all

I have just read through this thread and I am in the same position trying to book a fly drive for 8. I don't really want to do separate bookings if possible. I'd love to know how these issues were resolved or if anyone has any advice.

Thanks in advance
It was my thread originally and i ended up going with a decent fly drive deal to Tampa. I phoned BA to book it as a group. I kept an eye on the regular fly drive prices, then when I noticed they dropped I gave BA a call.
We went for a 12 seater, which was perfect for the 8 of us (4 adults and 4 ‘children’ aged between 11 & 17). Plenty of room for us and all our luggage.

Our magic moment as Grand Marshall's in 2013
WL August 2014 The solo(ish) trip - August 2014
BC August 2016 If it ain't broke, don't fix it - August 2016
Villa 2018 - A change of scene - August 2018
bearandbuzz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 18, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

On my experience the fly drive deals hang around for a little while. I’d be straight on the phone when you spot one. They don’t normally disappear within minutes. I’ve seen them only available for a few hours. But normally they are there for a couple of days.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 18, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Beanie1
Proud to wear my Ears

We did a fly drive booked through dial a flight. Flew with BA and had an 8 seater Toyota Sienna with Alamo. Plenty of room for 8 of us with luggage. Would do it again.
Beanie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 18, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
jarralisa
Helping Minnie

Mobile

It can be done you just need to call up
jarralisa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 18, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Molliejollie
Earning More Ears

You can book as one party I rang up in September and booked a party of 9 with one 12 seater mini van
Molliejollie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 18, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post

I booked a group of 8 and we had 2 7/8 seat minivans. I booked through Travel Planners so technically didn't book it on internet. They did it all for me and did offer us a mini van to start but we wanted flexibility of 2 vehicles. If you fill out their form on their webpage someone will get back in touch with you to give you a quote. You can leave it at that and book elsewhere but will give you an estimate of prices and options.

BTW I mention Travel Planners a lot, I don't work for them! But they were great for our group booking and made it easy for me.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 18, 01:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Fantasiax
Helping Donald

Originally Posted by bearandbuzz View Post
It was my thread originally and i ended up going with a decent fly drive deal to Tampa. I phoned BA to book it as a group. I kept an eye on the regular fly drive prices, then when I noticed they dropped I gave BA a call.
We went for a 12 seater, which was perfect for the 8 of us (4 adults and 4 ‘children’ aged between 11 & 17). Plenty of room for us and all our luggage.
Thanks Bearandbuzz
Good to know it worked out for you. I think this the option we will go for as flight prices seem to have dropped.
Fantasiax is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 18, 01:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Fantasiax
Helping Donald

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
On my experience the fly drive deals hang around for a little while. I’d be straight on the phone when you spot one. They don’t normally disappear within minutes. I’ve seen them only available for a few hours. But normally they are there for a couple of days.
Thanks BevS97
Price seems to be holding so will give them a call.
Fantasiax is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 18, 01:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Fantasiax
Helping Donald

Originally Posted by Beanie1 View Post
We did a fly drive booked through dial a flight. Flew with BA and had an 8 seater Toyota Sienna with Alamo. Plenty of room for 8 of us with luggage. Would do it again.
Thanks Beanie1
Have not used Dial a flight before but good to know that they worked out for you. Helpful to know that the 8 seater was roomy enough with luggage.
Old 21 Dec 18, 01:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Fantasiax
Helping Donald

Originally Posted by jarralisa View Post
It can be done you just need to call up
Thanks jarralisa will give them a call.