Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 3 Aug 20, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
maronnettes
Trying for More Ears

Day 8

Today we went to Volcano Bay during the day and Epcot on the evening. Had a great time at VB, love their not so lazy river and enjoyed a little sangria whilst everyone else was on the slides

For lunch at VB we got the following but I can't remember which quick service we went to

Ben Pepperoni pizza, he liked this

Josh got ribs with fries which he enjoyed

Wayne and myself both got a chicken curry with plantains, too much coconut on top for me but was ok once mixed in a bit

On the evening we went to Epcot Food and Wine festival. Got to put in the following pic, not sure if anyone follows Tim Tracker on YouTube but we all love him. I was happy to meet him, he was lovely . The others were all on a ride when I saw him but Ben also managed to get a photo with him later. Sorry about the state of my hair, doesn’t do well in the Florida humidity, Dad says I look like the lion from Wizard of Oz! Ha

See the comparison

From Thailand myself and Ben both got a Red hot Spicy Thai Beef Curry, this is really delicious, it’s definitely not red hot, but has a nice spice to it. I also got a glass of white wine, can’t remember which booth from

From the Belgium booth Wayne got braised beef and mash, he enjoyed this. He also got a lager. I got another white wine.

Ben got the Belgian waffle with chocolate sauce, it comes with fresh cream but he doesn’t like the cream, so got it without.

From the Brazil booth me and Mum both got a pork belly with black beans and Brazilian bread each. The bread is gluten free which is good as a lot of the gluten free bread is dry but she loved this, as did I. The pork belly was also nice. I also got another wine...they're only small

The boys again went off to the UK to get Fish and Chips whilst we staked out a spot for the fireworks. Myself and Mum both got a crème brulee from France. I also got a grand Marnier slush and Wayne got a lager. We then watched the first night of the new fireworks – Epcot Forever which we all really enjoyed.

maronnettes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
maronnettes
Trying for More Ears

Day 9 and 10

Day 9
Today we went to Busch Gardens, the kids love the roller coasters here.
Ben and Josh both had a dippin dots, Josh plain vanilla and Ben cookies and cream

I had a tequila sunrise cocktail

For lunch we went to the SmokeHouse. We all got different platters of beef, sausage, chicken and fries and I got a side of coleslaw. This wasn't too bad

I can’t find any pics of what we had for tea I did have a piece of carrot cake, I got a large carrot cake from Walmart. It was really nice. I also got eggos to try, just because of seeing them on Stranger things! They aren’t great but were better with loads of syrup, whipped cream and strawberries.

Day 10
Today was a shopping day. We started our day by going to Cape May, my parents had been earlier in the year and there were decent gluten free options for my Mum. It’s a character breakfast which means it’s more pricey, around $50. I enjoyed it but don’t think it’s worth the price.

Here is a selection of what we got.

During the day shopping myself and Ben decided we wanted a snack. I got an empanada and a pinot grigio from a stall at Vineland Premium Outlet.

Ben got a double chocolate chip muffin

On the evening we decided to go for Dominos again. My parents went elsewhere and no pics of their food. All four of us got a pizza, each, too much food again! Whilst waiting me and Wayne went to La Fuenta again and I got a Sangria and Wayne a lager

Enjoyed the pizzas again and a great deal
maronnettes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 20, 12:58 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Loving this, nice to see something ‘normal’ again. We were out there at the same time as you I think

HRH club level looks great and can’t believe you met Tim Tracker!
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 20, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
Aw food looks so amazing, thanks for sharing.
Old 20 Sep 20, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
maronnettes
Trying for More Ears

Day 11

Sorry for the long delay! Keep meaning to come back to this and then haven't, but determined to get a lot of this done today

So Day 11 we were off to Animal Kingdom, love this place... although love everything in Orlando!

Standard breakfast of doughnuts in the villa, our breakfast pics are always lacking aren't they

We had a great time, Pandora is so amazing.

For lunch we used our Landry's card and went to Yak and Yeti, we had loved it the previous year. The Landry's card is really handy here as it means you don't have to be tied down to a specific booking time and they got us in within about 10 minutes even though it was heaving.

Wayne got surf and turf off the specials menu

Ben and Josh both got chicken tikka masala which comes with rice and naan bread

I got honey chicken which is the same as what I got last year and a glass of pinot girigio

Mum got sweet and sour chicken

Dad got the Kobe beef burger, he got some of the toppings on the side as he wasn't sure he would like them

We really love this place, we were sat downstairs this time and had been upstairs the previous year. It was still lovely but more noisy so ask for an upstairs table if possible. Definitely recommend trying here and I love a table service for lunch, it's a nice rest during the day.

Later on in the afternoon we popped in Tambu Lounge, Mum wanted the churros as they're gluten free. Photo fail...no pic of the churros, no idea how I have managed that! They were lovely, they come with two sauces - vanilla crema and chilli strawberry. Ben was sad they had no chocolate sauce! We also tried some cocktails/mocktails

It's a lovely place to sit away from the crowds, we will be back here next time.

On the evening we again went to Golden Coral at the kids request.

Here is a selection of the plates, again I know they aren't plated nicely but it's cheap and cheerful!

On our way back to the apartment Ben stopped for another slushy from 711, $2 for this huge one

Old 20 Sep 20, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
maronnettes
Trying for More Ears

Day 12

Today we went to Typhoon Lagoon again, the kids favourite water park. We just went for a few hours and then went to Disney Springs for lunch. Sorry very few lunch pics. Wayne took the kids to Blaze and I went to D-luxe burger with my parents.

Only one burger pic, which was my lunch. Cheese and bacon burger with fries, the burgers here are amazing

Then a couple of snacks whilst wandering around, sorry Ben bit the doughnut before I got chance to take a pic. Joffreys doughnuts are really lovely and you can find them around the different parks and at Disney Springs.

Chocolate covered strawberries from Amorrettes - yum!

A few snacks from Starbucks

Caramel Frappuccino (no whipped cream), lemon pound cake and tiffin

On the evening we went to Olivia's at Old Key West Resort, we wanted to show my parents where we had stayed the previous year, it's such an amazing place.

Started off with their amazing bread, I would be happy just eating this alone as a meal

Four of us got their fried chicken, only took 2 pics as they all look the same, Dad got his gravy on the side as he wasn't sure he would like the white looking gravy but he did. Ben doesn't eat any gravy so had his without.

Mum got gf cheesesteak sandwich, not sure if this is on the normal menu or not

Wayne got the pork chop that he had loved so much last year

Really love this place, always great service as well as food.
Old 20 Sep 20, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
fletchie148
Imagineer

Another vote for Chuys for Mexican or Chevys love them both
2000 - Disney All Star Movies 2000 - 2007 - Quality Inn International. 2005 - Quality Inn Suites 2008 - The Fountains 2009 - Orange Lake 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015 and 2016. Vista Cay 2017. The Grove Resort & Spa 2018
Majorca - Tonga Towers 2019. Orange Lake 2020 - never happened. Orange Lake 2022. Orange Lake 2023
fletchie148 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
returnplanning
Imagineer

Originally Posted by maronnettes View Post
For all 6 of us it was only $121 plus tip I would pick the steak over the fajitas though which I did later in the trip
That's great value!