Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 5 Sep 21, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl1
VIP Dibber

Middle name on vaccine cert

Just heard about someone going from UK to Hong Kong not being allowed to board at Heathrow due to middle name not being on NHS vaccine details.

This must be very unusual surely. I have EU cert and certainly for travelling to UK/EU no issue for our family with middle names on passports but not on EU covid cert.

Has anyone who has travelled outwith UK/EU come across this as a requirement or does anyone even have their middle name on vaccine record!
scottishgirl1 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 21, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

From memory the NHS app for applying for the vaccine passport didn’t ask for middle names.
Old 5 Sep 21, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl1
VIP Dibber

Your memory is probably correct, I don't think Ireland asked for them either

It is definitely required for Hong Kong

Just something else to think about if US ever release their entry requirements for us! 🤨
scottishgirl1 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 21, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I have the NHS App and the NHS presumably know my middle name. But it’s not showing on any of our certificates.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 21, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Uk gov website states the NHS passport is accepted.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 21, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl1
VIP Dibber

I agree it is worryingly not mentioned there but BA didnt let him on the flight, will hear how he gets on, if he can get paperwork sorted and get on todays flight
Old 6 Sep 21, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

My son lives in HK and flew back last weekend. The requirements are very strict - we had to make sure his pcr results had his middle name on. He was vaccinated in HK so that wasn’t an issue.

My vaccination certificate is in my maiden name as is usual here in France - that may be fun 🙄

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 21, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

From the official HK government Covid 19 website

coronavirus.gov.hk/eng/i...ml#Vaccination

My bolding, is it possible that the passport has a middle name showing? That would appear to be the issue.

Recognised vaccination record (applicable to relevant Group A specified places travellers arriving at Hong Kong) should include:

A vaccination record issued by Hong Kong, or an authority or recognised institution of a place on the “List of Places of Issuance of Recognised Vaccination Records”, bearing the name of the relevant vaccinated traveller matching that in his/her valid travel document to show in Chinese or English that:
the relevant traveller has received dose(s) of COVID-19 vaccine and the date on which the last dose was administered; and
the name of the vaccine administered; and
A written confirmation in English or Chinese issued by the healthcare institution or a relevant authority of the government of the place where the vaccine was administered, bearing the name of the relevant vaccinated traveller matching that in his/her valid travel document and setting out all of the above information if the vaccination record is not in English or Chinese or does not contain all of the above information. The said written confirmation should be presented together with the vaccination record.
jim jehosofat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 21, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl1
VIP Dibber

Yes middle name is on passport and visa but not vaccine or test documents.

I think I will make further enquiries here and try and get our middle names added. Couldn't bear the thought of getting stuck next year over something like that.

Would never have thought about needing middle name on a test either!
Old 6 Sep 21, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scottishgirl1 View Post
Yes middle name is on passport and visa but not vaccine or test documents.
I think I will make further enquiries here and try and get our middle names added. Couldn't bear the thought of getting stuck next year over something like that.

Would never have thought about needing middle name on a test either!
My son made sure everything he needed (pcr test, quarantine hotel confirmation) had his exact name. I knew about the test requirement name issue. Also you need proof that the lab doing the test has an iso accreditation (we were lucky as the French HK consulate provided this evidence for us as all labs in France have to have it)

It makes me worry for mine as it only has my first name. I have no plans to visit yet but will do if it opens up next year (won’t happen this year I am sure and he is on his exchange next term)

Edited at 02:54 PM.
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List