Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Oct 21, 12:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
Last couple of days have been first fit of electrics and a fancy new outdoor double plug in a box... I'm more enthusiastic about this than the OH cos first thing I said was ooh outdoor Xmas lights lol, it didn't go down well 🙈🙈. ...
...But everyone knows that the main reason for outdoor sockets is for Christmas lights!

You're well under way, though. It never looks like so much progress at this stage, does it? It's behind-the-scenes stuff. Especially, when you're really doing everything, as you are.

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 21, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Bianca View Post
...But everyone knows that the main reason for outdoor sockets is for Christmas lights!

You're well under way, though. It never looks like so much progress at this stage, does it? It's behind-the-scenes stuff. Especially, when you're really doing everything, as you are.
I can always find like minded folk on here bianca …..Xmas lights for the win
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 21, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Originally Posted by parisdisneyfan View Post
Looks like the achieved quite a bit today. Outside sockets are the best😉😁

Judging by our house, yours and others on here Jack got around quite a bit 🤣

Good luck for the rest x
Jacks a proper pain in the backside 🤬🤬😂
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 21, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Was working yesterday so was impressed with how much had been done when I got home, all internal pipes done for cooker , we are having an electric oven but gas hob, water and pipework for new radiator, also outside waste pipes and an external tap. Kitchen window Monday which has been delivered and next week is plasterboarding and plastering I think for the whole week so it should look like a room again lol, albeit an empty room.
Got to say the workmen have been really tidy all way through and it's been messy work but plumber yesterday was another level ,so tidy

Dog peering round the door in last photo is champ lol
Old 9 Oct 21, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Was working yesterday so was impressed with how much had been done when I got home, all internal pipes done for cooker , we are having an electric oven but gas hob, water and pipework for new radiator, also outside waste pipes and an external tap. Kitchen window Monday which has been delivered and next week is plasterboarding and plastering I think for the whole week so it should look like a room again lol, albeit an empty room.
Got to say the workmen have been really tidy all way through and it's been messy work but plumber yesterday was another level ,so tidy

Dog peering round the door in last photo is champ lol
It’s looking good
I love it when workmen clean up after themselves
Old 9 Oct 21, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
It’s looking good
I love it when workmen clean up after themselves
Exactly what I was going to say!

Getting there, Sam, getting there.

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 21, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Honestly they have all been really good so far but the plumber yesterday was so tidy 👍👍👍
Old 13 Oct 21, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
So the last few days have been new kitchen window out in , an old internal window removed and boarded up , that was the old outside kitchen window that was left in when kitchen extension was added before we moved in I think they left it there to let more light into middle room but now it's boarded up and plastered it's not making the room much darker so glad about that. All the walls and ceiling now boarded and plastering will be done tomorrow and Friday , it's looking like a proper room again and looks so much bigger, but that will change next week when unite start going in.

Old 16 Oct 21, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
So all the plastering is now done and it does look like a proper room again

From next week we start getting it looking like a kitchen proper and I can't wait to see it coming together, next week it's mainly the joinery week , new ceiling goes in Monday and then unite , floors and appliances start getting added 🥰
Old 16 Oct 21, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

So all the plastering is now done and it does look like a proper room again

From next week we start getting it looking like a kitchen proper and I can't wait to see it coming together, next week it's mainly the joinery week , new ceiling goes in Monday and then unite , floors and appliances start getting added 🥰
It’s looking great it’s going to be lovely when it’s all done and boarding that window up is going to give you mor cupboard space.
We have a small window in our living room which looks in to the conservatory which really should have been boarded up when the conservatory was built but whoever the owner was then didn’t do it which is a shame