Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 10 Oct 21, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
jolou
slightly serious Dibber

Help please! Accommodation for Volcano Bay

Driving myself potty (need to get a life)! Plan is arrive evening 15 August and spend 2 nights in a hotel near Universal then switch to Royal Pacific for 2 nights before moving on to villa/Disney……thinking Volcano Bay a good option for our hotel stay as we will have tickets but no fast passes until we move to RPR…..anyway considered Cabana Bay for access reasons but it looks HUGE and given that we will only be there a day and a half will it be too much to navigate? We won’t have time to appreciate the facilities. Then considered Surfside as it’s smaller and shuttle but saw a vlog where they said the air con is loud and on all night which would drive me insane as i am a poor sleeper…..does Cabana Bay also have noisy air con all night? Or Dockside? Given that it is such a short stay would an International Drive hotel be better? Easier for food? If you get an Uber from an International Drive hotel is it a terrible faff getting into Volcano Bay? Please save me from driving myself nuts 🙂
jolou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Cabana Bay isn't too big to navigate. The layout is very straightforward and all the facilities center around the two pools and the lobby in between. I recently stayed there with my daughters and a friend. 2 of them used electric wheelchairs and managed just fine.

We didn't do Volcano Bay but you can't get any easier access. The hotel has it's own lazy river too. You can walk, get a bus or the boat from Sapphire Falls to get to Citywalk for loads of food choices. The food court in the hotel was better than I expected and there is a full Starbucks as well.

I don't remember the a/c being noisy at all.
Old 10 Oct 21, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
Cabana Bay isn't too big to navigate. The layout is very straightforward and all the facilities center around the two pools and the lobby in between. I recently stayed there with my daughters and a friend. 2 of them used electric wheelchairs and managed just fine.

We didn't do Volcano Bay but you can't get any easier access. The hotel has it's own lazy river too. You can walk, get a bus or the boat from Sapphire Falls to get to Citywalk for loads of food choices. The food court in the hotel was better than I expected and there is a full Starbucks as well.

I don't remember the a/c being noisy at all.
There is easier access for Volcano Bay as CB has its own guest entrance

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

We stayed a CB for 1 night last year when we did HHN and thought it was great. So much so that we've booked to stay there for a week next year. I don't think it's too big to navigate for a 2 night stay. It's nice and convenient for the parks and Volcano Bay, which has its own guest entrance and the food court is pretty central. We prefer the Courtyard/Tower rooms as they're next to the lazy river pool.

loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
jolou
slightly serious Dibber

Any recollection of noisy air con? Which buildings best for Volcano Bay access? Thankyou so much!
jolou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Aventura is also good for Volcano Bay. We’ve visited both and said we’d choose Aventura if we wanted to stay by Volcano Bay. Just because we like the hotel feel more as opposed to the motel feel of CB.

I believe both resorts get to use the walkway to VB which is the biggest selling point for us.

I struggle with A/C in most hotels, I know the Disney resorts really bother me as they seem to be linked to motion so kick in every time you roll over. Can’t remember having that issue at universal properties.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by jolou View Post
Any recollection of noisy air con? Which buildings best for Volcano Bay access? Thankyou so much!
No, we found it very quiet, especially compared to the Disney ones. The courtyard and Tower buildings are the closest to Volcano Bay

Old 10 Oct 21, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Cabana Bay has a specific entrance for Volcano Bay for its guests. We always book a poolside room and request the Americana block. Both stays we’ve been within a 3/4 min walk of the VB special entrance from our room, and if you’re lucky you can get a view of the volcano from your poolside room without paying extra for it (ask for a higher floor and to be tilted towards VB).

We’re staying at Hard Rock in November, I can’t wait, but I know we will miss Cabana Bay on our VB days!
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
jolou
slightly serious Dibber

Thankyou 🙂