Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 15 Oct 21, 05:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

Mamma Mia it’s Greece

Day 4 Thursday 14th Oct

Slept slightly better but I can’t wait to be back in my own bed without the drone of the a/c

I set up camp just after 7.30 with a nice blue sky and watched the sun pop up over the bungalow buildings. I turned to look behind me and storm clouds were on their way. Weather app says storms at 11,4 and 6 so we will see what transpires. Phoebe arrived just before 9 and as the sun had gone we went for breakfast. She didn’t really fancy anything to eat until I had finished and was ready to go. She said ‘I’ll just see if there’s anything I fancy’ and came back with pancakes, croissant, doughnut and French toast. She struggled a bit with French toast as she doesn’t really like egg - she had tried to Americanize it by covering it in cinnamon sugar but it didn’t help.

11.12. Currently sat under the fleecey blanket and thick black cloud. It’s also been thundering for 30 minutes. No rain yet or visible lightening. Camp is partially under a tree, so slightly concerned we may all get covered in burning sap if the tree gets hit.

It starts raining so we head to the covered terrace and play a few games of Uno and head back to the sunbeds once the rain has stopped. The thunder is still rumbling but we’ve only seen one flash of lightening. We head to lunch just before one. Jas isn’t overly hungry and she had a plate of chips at 11 when the snack terrace opened, so she just had another plate of chips! Phoe went for a soup combo again and I had some salad with chips as they were a fresh lot out.

By the time we had finished lunch the sun was just starting to peep through again. Jas went back to the room. There was a reasonable sized blue patch so I went for a quick dip in the pool. Normally on this kind of holiday I’d be jumping in The pool twice an hour to cool off but I’ve only been in 4 times the whole trip so far.

By 2.30 we are basking in full sun even though the thunder is still rumbling and there are intermittent spots of rain. Phoebe has her deep tissue (no pain) massage booked for 3.30 and is a bit miffed that she’ll be missing the sun. I could really do with a drink but reluctant to leave the beds unattended. I decided to go for it and got a fake Fanta lemon and a tequila sunrise - it’s all about balance right? I text jas to see if she was coming down for an icecream but I got no reply

Phoe came back just before 4.30 - she said it was definitely deep tissue but she didn’t think all of her knots had been worked out. I told her to wait a couple of days to see how she felt then. The sun was still blaring so phoebe assumed tanning position, but unfortunately the full on cloud was back ten minutes later. It was getting blacker and blacker and the rumbles of thunder louder so we decided to pack up an head up to the room. We went out on to the balcony and the flashes of lightning started and we watched a great storm. I went off to get in the shower and when I came out it sounded like the shower was still on. It was torrential rain again but the girls hadn’t noticed as they thought it was the noise of the shower.

Jas decided not to come to dinner as she couldn’t face the same food again. She said 4 nights was enough and she was ready to go home. This meant that we didn’t get our pic of the 3 of us on the way to dinner or the one of the girls together. Did get a pic of phoebe with sheet lightning behind her though.
We couldn’t sit in our traditional seating area as that was already full so had to sit inside the main restaurant - typically there were pork steaks tonight which jas would have had as something different! I realised that I had come out in my ‘day’ flip flops rather than my ‘evening’ ones.

Phoe and I then sat in the inside lounge as all of the outside terraces were still soaking wet. Played a few games of cards, phoebe finished her book. We waited for the quiz outside but it changed to bingo because of the change of location so we decided to call it a night and head up as it was freezing. We’re all so tired so will hopefully get a good sleep

Day 4 from Phoebe’s point of view:

Day 4

By the time I’d put my phone down at half midnight, mum was already snoring! I’d said mum like she’d told us too but that didn’t work so had to practically push her off the bed to wake her up to stop!

I’d then actually slept through until half 5 before I woke up to hear her snoring again! We had a giant blanket on the bed so maybe this helped me sleep? After half 5 I didn’t go back to sleep in between the snoring and trying to get on my side of the bed as well as the noise from the air con until mum got up at half 7 to sort the towels. No rustling today.

I’d fully woken up at 8:40 and got ready as mum said the sun was out! But by the time I’d got down just before 9 the sun was gone. We both headed to breakfast where I had a mixture off stuff but not really fancying anything as the food is always samey samey.

Back down to the sun beds to black cloud and wind. I didn’t bother getting undressed and sat under a towel. Mum went to check on Jas at half 10ish and brought the giant blanket down which we sat under like right saddos. It started to thunder and rain and the majority of people headed for cover. We joined them shortly after and played a few games of UNO. I’m sick of this game, I don’t see the point of it and why do you need to always pick up 20 billion cards when you get down to UNO!?

It had stopped raining after the UNO torture so we went back to the sun beds and sat under the towels and blanket. Headed to lunch just before one, the food is still samey samey but no earthquakes. Back to the towel blankets and Jas decided to go back up to the room just after half 1 to nap. She’s pretty much napped all afternoon and hasn’t come down to dinner with us.

Full sun then appeared from 1:45! We made the most of it until I went for a deep tissue massage at half 3, and believe me, she deep tissued! I feel like I’m going to be bruised tomorrow! I have quite a lot of bruises all over my legs at the moment and know one knows why but every time she went over them I could have sworn I was going to lose a limb!

I came back out at 4:20 still to full sun and had been told it had been out the whole time! Only for it to go at half 4! We came back up to the room at 5 as it started to rain again and sat on the balcony to read the books. It really started to storm and we managed to get some good shots of thunder and lightning! We’d then moved inside as the rain was blowing onto the balcony!

Showered and ready for dinner, the food is still samey samey and sadly no spring rolls tonight. We then sat in the indoor terrace as outside was full reading and playing cards before tonight’s quiz!

There’s a family next to us who are playing monopoly but the electronic version so every 5 seconds the card machine goes beep beep beep beep beeeep beep beep. When we first went into Lockdown Jas thought we’d be locked up for weeks not working or breathing and we’d need to play games 24/7 and literally begged us to play monopoly all the time. The game is just too long and ends in tears if she doesn’t win and the stupid beep beep beep beep beeeep beep beep of the card machine does my head in!

The quiz was cancelled and changed to bingo as the weather was so bad and the outside seating area was too damp. We decided to call it a night as we’re exhausted and we’ve not slept. I’ve not slept, mums slept but claims she’s not slept!

Praying to all the gods for no hurricanes, tsunamis or earthquakes tonight. Praying to full sun and no cloud or storms or rain tomorrow. And praying that I sleep through the whole night without hearing either one of them move or breath! But obvs hope they continue to breath through the night and into the morning x
Old 15 Oct 21, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Sorry about the weather seems you hit a wobbly week, as greece is usually pretty dry all year, when we were in Kos in September they hadn’t had rain since February.

Hopefully it will be better when we make it to Florida in May! 🏝☀️

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 21, 06:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

I really hope it will be better in May!