Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Oct 21, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Twiggy1953
Apprentice Imagineer

Twiggy1953's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I know it’s no help but I checked ours today, they were done on 27 November 2019, so they actually expire while we are going to be there - but are ok for entry. I was in two minds whether to do new ones but decided I’d leave well alone as they appear to be fine. Ours never got used as we were supposed to go March 20. Hope you get sorted.
Twiggy1953 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 21, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
folkie
Loves sailing in the sun!

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 170
Originally Posted by Twiggy1953 View Post
I know it’s no help but I checked ours today, they were done on 27 November 2019, so they actually expire while we are going to be there - but are ok for entry. I was in two minds whether to do new ones but decided I’d leave well alone as they appear to be fine. Ours never got used as we were supposed to go March 20. Hope you get sorted.
Yes that's fine, they only have to be valid on the day of entry.
Last time we went our daughter's ran out the day before we flew so she needed a new one, which was a bit annoying! A lot cheaper than if it had been her passport that expired though
91 Brittany 92 Scotland 93 France 94 France 95 Dartmouth 96 Moved house 97 Terra Mare (Greece) 98 Swanage 99 Yedi Tepe (Turkey) 00 Canada/Tunisia 01 Ottawa, Antigua/Bitez 02 DLP/Cornwall 03 Antigua/Gower 04 Ottawa/Croatia/Vendee 05 BVI/Hurghada 06 Javelin (Turkey) 07 Perili (Turkey) 08 Orlando 09 Rosas 10 Orlando 11 Les Deux Alpes 12 Morocco 13 Brittany 14 Vassiliki 15 Orlando 16 DLP/New England/Ottawa 17 Ionian
folkie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 21, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Stokieuk View Post
Haven't checked mine yet but read that some are bouncing if the middle names haven't been specified on the application.
How does that work for people who don’t have middle names?
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
anita1963
Imagineer

I dont think I put middle names in 🙄
Did them the other day
anita1963 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Joshie1 View Post
How does that work for people who don’t have middle names?
When you press on the * on the first (given name) field this what you see.

In the First (Given) Name field, enter ALL names exactly as they appear on your passport in the First (Given) Name field. If a second or middle name is included in the First (Given) Name field on your passport, it must also be included here. This field is required to complete the application. If you have no first name, then enter the letters FNU which stands for First Name Unknown.

If the name on your P/P is John Smith then enter John Smith on your ESTA application. If the name on your P/P is John Michael Smith then enter John Michael Smith on the ESA application. As simple as that - no trick questions.

Mick
Old 19 Oct 21, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Thanks Mick for the clarification - I think this came up as an issue before. I had no difficulties - have no middle name 😀
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Joshie1 View Post
Thanks Mick for the clarification - I think this came up as an issue before. I had no difficulties - have no middle name 😀
Joshie

Having read around 95% of ESTA threads on here since they were made compulsory in Jan 2009 (and maybe responded to 50% ) I recall that "middle names on ESTA" became viral on here 3 or 4 years ago. I have absolutely no idea of when the requirement was added or clarified.

However I certainly recall that amongst those thousands of posts there were a considerable number that had ESTAs that didn't match passports but had no problems at check-in or immigration.

A bit like parent's names and what social media are you on really. Just read and answer the question truthfully.

Mick
Old 19 Oct 21, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
Can’t remember doing middle names, can they be added?
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by captain-codeye View Post
Can’t remember doing middle names, can they be added?
These are the only two things you can amend on an approved ESTA

What information can I update?
Prior to submitting an electronic travel authorization application with the required payment information, you can update all application data fields except the passport number, passport issuing country, country of citizenship and date of birth. Once an application is approved, you can still update any one of the following fields:

Email address
Address in the U.S.
Old 19 Oct 21, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Twiggy1953
Apprentice Imagineer

Twiggy1953's Reviews
Originally Posted by mick View Post
These are the only two things you can amend on an approved ESTA

What information can I update?
Prior to submitting an electronic travel authorization application with the required payment information, you can update all application data fields except the passport number, passport issuing country, country of citizenship and date of birth. Once an application is approved, you can still update any one of the following fields:

Email address
Address in the U.S.
Mick, I did that, changed hotel address as it’s obviously different from March 20, but the Point of Contact is still showing as where we were going to be then. I couldn’t see how to change that. Am I missing something?
Twiggy1953 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List