Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Jul 18, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
RachelE
Excited about Disney

Worried about son at MCO

My son is a wheelchair user, but also has other difficulties (sensory issues, bowel disease and more), which would make it very difficult for him to wait in a long line for immigration when we land at MCO. I understand that they have recently removed the wheelchair line at immigration, which would be fine if the mobility was his only issue, but the other stuff is much more difficult to manage. We will probably be last off the plane due to waiting for his chair, so the queue will have built up ahead of us.

We fly from Gatwick and I have booked special assistance, but I don't know what, if anything, I can do about the MCO end - I can't find anything on their website or even an email address to contact. Can anyone offer any advice please?
RachelE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 18, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Plato
Serious Dibber

This may help you.

This was all done on Private Message on Facebook
Plato is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 18, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
RachelE
Excited about Disney

Thank you so much - I really appreciate that.
RachelE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 18, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
WDocW
Very Serious Dibber

They seem very tuned in to this sort of thing - very quick to respond to questions and very helpful with their answers.
WDocW is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 18, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
RachelE
Excited about Disney

You are absolutely right - so quick and helpful in their responses. I suffer with quite bad anxiety, which is much worse when travelling, so I worry about every single thing - I do now feel much better about this particular worry, though, so thank you very much.
Old 28 Jul 18, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Pluto76
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by RachelE View Post
You are absolutely right - so quick and helpful in their responses. I suffer with quite bad anxiety, which is much worse when travelling, so I worry about every single thing - I do now feel much better about this particular worry, though, so thank you very much.
We travelled LGW-MCO couple of weeks ago, 1 daughter in wheelchair and 1 with sunflower lanyard from LGW to indicate hidden disability. As soon as ambassador at MCO saw lanyard we were directed to different queue and seen straight away. So I would suggest picking up a lanyard at special assistance desk at LGW which will show your son has more than a mobility problem. Good luck xx
Pluto76 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 18, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Ming
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 19
Originally Posted by Pluto76 View Post
We travelled LGW-MCO couple of weeks ago, 1 daughter in wheelchair and 1 with sunflower lanyard from LGW to indicate hidden disability. As soon as ambassador at MCO saw lanyard we were directed to different queue and seen straight away. So I would suggest picking up a lanyard at special assistance desk at LGW which will show your son has more than a mobility problem. Good luck xx
I second this. Picked up a lanyard at Gatwick for DS. At MCO they took him (and us) to front on line so we were through in minutes.
Old 29 Jul 18, 04:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

This is really useful to know, does anyone know if there is a similar desk at Manchester airport? we are flying from terminal 2 and have never seen anything like this - though to be fair we have never been looking before either!
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 18, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Merryweather17 View Post
This is really useful to know, does anyone know if there is a similar desk at Manchester airport? we are flying from terminal 2 and have never seen anything like this - though to be fair we have never been looking before either!
Yes there is. I got 2 for my children last week. Just go to the special assistance desk and they give them you. We found them very good and all staff obviously understood them. Apparently when you land back in the uk you can go through the special assistance lane at passport control as well which is good. Dd has anxiety in crowds so if busy will be invaluable for us.
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 18, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Beanie1
Proud to wear my Ears

Yet again the dibb has saved the day! Thanks so much everyone. We are travelling next week with 2 children with and. The flight will be hard enough and I was dreading immigration. This could save the day. X
Beanie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List