Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 26 Dec 18, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Scheduling lots of Disney Springs time

Hello all
I'm starting to put together a plan and I think we might end up going to Disney Springs a few times mostly because they have restaurants that offer more vegan options for me.
My question is how easy is it to get there from the parks now? e.g. could we pop over for a quick lunch then back. We don't have a car so will be relying on buses/uber.
Also is it necessary to book at the restaurants or can you just walk in most of them?
Thank you!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 18, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Momofboys
Imagineer

Momofboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I don't think you can get to DS direct from a park until after 4pm. You can go direct from a hotel though, so you would have to go from a park to the nearest hotel and then from there to DS.

So it wouldn't be a "pop"

As for booking we've only done quick service there so can't help, sorry, but I assume if its the more popular places you were after then booking would be advised.
Old 26 Dec 18, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
mikejt26
Very Serious Dibber

Momofboys is spot on for transport
You could also take the PO,OKW or SSR hotel bus & take a boat down or SSR & walk.
There are a lot of eating options to choose from. If it’s peak times booking can help or you can get walk ups @ the less popular ones. Quite a few fine dining restaurants to choose from plus some outstanding QS places. You will be paying a premium to eat @ the springs however the food can be really good 😊. Look @ you tube for reviews .
mikejt26 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 18, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
I believe there is a website listing vegan options all over WDW but I don’t know it, sorry!

Edited at 07:27 PM.
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 18, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I think it's important not to underestimate how huge WDW is and how far apart things are geographically! (I did this my first visit as an adult...)

As a rule of thumb I generally allocate an hour to travel between any two points in WDW using Disney transport (bus, ferry, monorail), to allow for wait time and travel time. Sometimes it's much less than an hour, but sometimes it actually does take the full hour to travel! So it might be hard to pop over to DS for a quick lunch and then back - plus DS is pretty far from both MK and AK as well.

With Uber or a Minnie Van your travel time might be shorter so might be more do-able.

In terms of getting from the parks to DS and back using Disney transport
- There is no bus service running from DS to the parks.
- There is a bus service running from each park to DS, but it only starts running at 4pm so will not work for lunch.
- There are workarounds. E.g. if you are at MK, walk to the Contemporary and take the bus to DS from there. If at Epcot or DHS, walk to the closest Epcot area hotel (BC for Epcot and probably Boardwalk for DHS) and take the bus to DS from there. Alternatively, take any bus from the parks to SSR, and then walk from SSR to DS. All of this will require a bit more time due to requiring to walk to/from the resort, but is a viable workaround if needed.

I think what might possibly work better would be to head to DS for a later lunch and a bit of shopping (possibly using the workaround method above, or getting a Uber or Minnie Van), then go for a bit of resort time or rest time, or hop to a different park?
Old 26 Dec 18, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Hi. The above poster has it right , so popping to DS and eating is a 3 hour plan. Have you considered eating your main meal in the evenings as that would cut into less park time. Staying at Saratoga Springs would also make DS more accessible. I would note Uber is a highly time and cost efficient way to travel around Disney property. When you account for parking up time probably a little quicker than driving. We never waited more than 3 minutes for an Uber within Disney property in July this year. The other thing you might consider doing is e mailing the restaurants in the parks you might eat at if they had a vegan option andnasking what they’d do for you. I’ve heard very good stories from people who do this in advance. Good luck 😉
Old 26 Dec 18, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Every table service restaurant in the parks, resorts or elsewhere should be able to serve you something you can eat. If you make a note on your booking the chef will come out and talk to you before you order.

Found the website - vegandisneyworld.com

Edited at 12:23 AM.
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List