Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 24 Jan 20, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

A great 1ts service credit restaurants highly recommend the Dahlia bar opposite is also very nice for a pre dinner drink plus there is a large balcony with seating to sit outside on.
So we were on the deluxe dining plan I had paid for it for 3 of us and the other 3 of us shared the credits, so we had starters included in the plan.
I had a margarita to drink dh standard corona

Whats not to like ...

Starters tonight

Garlic Shrimps ds enjoyed these

Hot Olives my 12 year old chose these this was a huge portion plenty for 6 of us they were better as they cooled down as they had a much stronger flavour hot

Prosciutto &Melon for me and dh

Savoury Churros these were huge and quite a strong cayenne pepper flavour ds and dd liked them

Mains
So you could share the 28oz Rib Eye between 2 and choose 2 sides so four us went for this this
It also came with a candle that was made of beef fat to pour over your meat should you wish to 😳

Braised Gigante Beans & Patatas Bravas

Hangar Steak

Chicken Braised in sherry
Deserts were
the Toledo Tapas Bar a desert of four flavours as you move along the bar coffee,crunchy chocolate, raspberry mousse and lemon curd

Chocolate Advocado Mousse
These were both delicious, we had a great meal here and would highly recommend we eat here later in the holiday, the bill came to about $500 which if paying for in real money seemed very expensive but if you are on the dining plan go for it..

Edited at 07:35 PM.
Jaspercat10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

So glad you got your tax return sorted! I’ve been waiting to hear about the rest of your trip.
Old 25 Jan 20, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Yay, I'm looking forward to all your Christmas treats.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
The food looks amazing so far! Great thinking of just doing deluxe on 1 room!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We struggled to get through the meal credits even though we shared it is a lot of food and once again were left with about 50 snacks. I think the boat did our legs in we were fooded our by the time we got off x
Old 25 Jan 20, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Originally Posted by Jaspercat10 View Post
We struggled to get through the meal credits even though we shared it is a lot of food and once again were left with about 50 snacks. I think the boat did our legs in we were fooded our by the time we got off x
Haha definitely the snacks do accumulate! Ghirdelli and goofy candy company were our friends on check out day!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Tonight was Wilderness Lodge for the Storybook Dining with Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs.

Spoiler alert this was in my top 2 worst meals of the holiday, the restaurant is obviously serving at full capacity due to its popularity it was very rushed total carnage with the characters coming and going and too add insult to misery it was freezing with the air conditioning.
Don’t get me wrong we as a family are not really into the characters so much,and we turn in to uncomfortable awkward English folk as soon as they arrive at our table, almost breathing a sigh of relief when they leave however I wanted to experience the dining so in we went 😉
But not before I had a couple of these In the Territory Lounge

the kids remembered to bring their mugs so quite a cheap round 👍
So this is a set meal it was chaos, we waited 20 mins for a drink after the 40 minute wait for the table we then quickly given the starters and literally 5 mins after we had received the starters the mains were plonked down to chill nicely under the air conditioning as we speed ate ☹️

Drinks
I had the Enchanted Apple
vodka, sour apple and white cranberry juice this was rank

it was like drinking neat syrup or so I thought until I tried the kids drinks also rank and literally filled half a glass after the candy floss
has dissolved.

If you have hyperactive kids this is not the drink you are looking for
Starters were;
Mushroom soup not bad, terrine it was ok and then a pot with 3 prawns in it for the 6 of us 😳, couldn’t be bothered to complain, the meal was by this point on a downhill spiral and we were slipping into the let’s get this over with mode

and then the mains arrived

Royal Prime Rib Roast, mashed potatoes, carrots and Yorkshire pudding, not bad, but the slab of meat was big enough for a Great Dane, my 12 year old finished this off, l hardly made a dent in it, the waitress offered to box it up for me, but I did not need to be waking up to that staring at me tomorrow morning from the corner of my room,I could have used it as a door stop

DS and DH has the Pork Shank on celery mash with wilted greens
DD and DS had the Roasted Chicken with herb crusted potatoes all were good albeit a little bit cold

Deserts are again set they were all super sweet the only one that was ok was the goose berry meringue

We were then gifted our bill to sign for our hundred dollar tip and obviously having forgotten the golden box of dry ice with chocolate hearts and popcorn in it the waitress hot footed it to our table with it, recited her lines about something to do with from their hearts to ours and instead of putting the box gracefully down on the table she looked for an empty plate and tipped the contents on to the plate like someone trying to get a stone out of their wellingtons and was gone.. The box was obviously needed elsewhere
Which we couldn’t stop laughing about, oh and we were also given a ticket to join queue to meet the wicked queen which was at least 40 people long and was snaking around peoples tables. We are good thanks 😳
To be honest I felt like the wicked witch on leaving, the only queue I was willing to join was the one at the bar.
What a shame one of my most favourite resorts.
After stewing all night I went to reception in the morning and told them it was carnage and they refunded us our credits which I thought was very decent of them thumbs back up for Disney

Edited at 08:21 PM.
Jaspercat10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Oh dear that doesn’t sound good glad Disney sorted it for you

Joan
Old 25 Jan 20, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Not a great review of storybook. Such a shame.

We were there a few weeks after it opened and it was fantastic. We went back in the summer and they had changed the menu, cheaper ingredients, not great food and not great service. I wouldn’t go back.

I did like the enchanted apple though but I’ve never really progressed on to real tasting alcohol, I’m one of these people that misses the heady alcopop Bacardi breezed days 😂
Old 26 Jan 20, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Wow not a great experience! And such an expensive meal too even with the dining plan the tip alone is extortion with service being dire! Glad you got your credits back!