Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Oct 21, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Chris7cc
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We are booked 22nd Dec till 7th Jan staying at Marriot Grand Vista with 2 days at Portofino in the middle
We are doing Xmas eve at MK, Xmas day at AK and NYE at Epcot but still stuck for something special on NY day.
Chris7cc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 21, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
twinmum
New Poster (4)

act 1980, did you get all of the dining reservations you wanted? ours open up tomorrow, we have space 220 on the list which i am guessing might be the hardest on the list so I am planning on it being near the end of the holiday! I was going to try for liberty tree on christmas day but am not holding out much hope
twinmum is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 21, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by twinmum View Post
act 1980, did you get all of the dining reservations you wanted? ours open up tomorrow, we have space 220 on the list which i am guessing might be the hardest on the list so I am planning on it being near the end of the holiday! I was going to try for liberty tree on christmas day but am not holding out much hope
I can't book as far as Christmas yet because I have a breakdown of reservations. 3 nights Poly, 2 nights Boardwalk and then Copper Creek on the 20th for 8 nights. I suspect the 20th will be when I can book the bulk of my ADR's so it's a bit annoying as I'm on site the entire time but it won't let me book 10 days out. Managed to get 'Ohana while at the Poly but Christmas Day is the one I'm really worried about as I really don't think I'll be able to get Liberty Tree Tavern as it will be booked by the time my window opens 🙄

For the 5 days I am allowed to book Space 220 isn't available at all as thats one I'd like too. Hope you manage to get it, keep me posted! 😊
Old 18 Oct 21, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
steph206
VIP Dibber

Having an absolute nightmare with BA. Fourth time I have had to call them, and the agent is trying to fix the issue as we speak.

Originally we were on the 11.45am from EDI to LHR arriving at 13:15, then on the afternoon flight from LHR-MCO, on boxing day this year.

They either changed to 1 flight that day, or they brought it forward by 3 hours from LHR-MCO and subsequently moved us onto the 12:05 from LHR. Happy days, as we get there earlier... or so we thought.

The problem started when they amended our connecting flight, but not our morning flight. The EDI morning flight arrives 1hr 10 mins after our MCO flight would have departed. BA blamed it on a system issue, fair enough. A lovely gentleman moved us to the EDI-LHR 7.25am flight, giving us plenty of time.

The dreaded email then arrived 3 weeks later that the morning 7.25 is now cancelled, with the only alternative being the 11:45 and thats absolutely no use to us. BA sent us an email with 3 options. One was to rebook on an alternative flight. Selected that, and they have now booked us back onto the 11:45! Another system issue... OK...

Called today, and there is nothing they can do. No flights from EDI, GLA or ABZ that meet the connecting flight in time. Not even by an hour, just nothing. So basically my booking is useless in its current format, as BA cannot get us there for the connecting flight. Told me they could get us down on Christmas day, but as there is only one flight at 11am approx, that pretty much is causing a rift with the rest of the family group which I understand - Not everyone is as addicted to Florida like me. So BA saying they will not cover the hotel expense either, so its that or a refund/voucher.

My dilemma deepens further because we got a very very good deal on this fly drive, and the current prices are utterly ridiculous. I looked at extending it by 2 days for my booking, and leaving on 24th Dec, and they quoted me Ł6250 No thanks!
HONEYMOON 2016 - Oasis of the Seas / Orlando, Nov 2017, July 2018/2019, Dec 2022, July 2023
steph206 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 21, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Nikkip2019
A Guest at All-Stars

Why don't you fly down a day earlier. Then stay at a premier inn or travel lodge would still be cheaper than adjusting your whole holiday and then still fly to Orlando the same day as planned.
Nikkip2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 21, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl1
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
I can't book as far as Christmas yet because I have a breakdown of reservations. 3 nights Poly, 2 nights Boardwalk and then Copper Creek on the 20th for 8 nights. I suspect the 20th will be when I can book the bulk of my ADR's so it's a bit annoying as I'm on site the entire time but it won't let me book 10 days out. Managed to get 'Ohana while at the Poly but Christmas Day is the one I'm really worried about as I really don't think I'll be able to get Liberty Tree Tavern as it will be booked by the time my window opens 🙄

For the 5 days I am allowed to book Space 220 isn't available at all as thats one I'd like too. Hope you manage to get it, keep me posted! 😊
Thats frustrating for you! I have a similar situation as well. Did you call about your magic band? I have not been able to buy bands yet and was thinking of calling about it but no point if they tell me that I cant get them yet as from UK/ireland
scottishgirl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 21, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by scottishgirl1 View Post
Thats frustrating for you! I have a similar situation as well. Did you call about your magic band? I have not been able to buy bands yet and was thinking of calling about it but no point if they tell me that I cant get them yet as from UK/ireland
I've ordered my Magic Bands using a VPN but I've since changed my resort so I need to call and change the delivery address.

Guessing you have a split stay too? Where are you staying?
Old 18 Oct 21, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl1
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
I've ordered my Magic Bands using a VPN but I've since changed my resort so I need to call and change the delivery address.

Guessing you have a split stay too? Where are you staying?
We are 6 nights Gran Destino and 5 nights Swan Reserve, we wont have a car so wanted to move to a hotel we could walk to parks from over New Year and also we should hopefully get two of the extended evening hours for our second stay. Trade off is not getting a good run at ADRs!

Your hotels will be fab! Always wanted to stay at the Poly, maybe someday!.
scottishgirl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 21, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by scottishgirl1 View Post
We are 6 nights Gran Destino and 5 nights Swan Reserve, we wont have a car so wanted to move to a hotel we could walk to parks from over New Year and also we should hopefully get two of the extended evening hours for our second stay. Trade off is not getting a good run at ADRs!

Your hotels will be fab! Always wanted to stay at the Poly, maybe someday!.
Sounds like a fab trip! Hope you manage to get all the ADR's you want 🤞🏼
Old 18 Oct 21, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
steph206
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Nikkip2019 View Post
Why don't you fly down a day earlier. Then stay at a premier inn or travel lodge would still be cheaper than adjusting your whole holiday and then still fly to Orlando the same day as planned.
I did with our booking. Booked on the 11.25 on Christmas day which isn't ideal with two young kids but at least we are going.
HONEYMOON 2016 - Oasis of the Seas / Orlando, Nov 2017, July 2018/2019, Dec 2022, July 2023
steph206 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List