Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Jun 21, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Washable kitchen paint and what plug sockets!

Hi

Our kitchen refurb should be (fingers crossed) starting next month. My mind has turned to paint. Any recommendations for a really good washable kitchen paint?

We are likely to be having white.

I was originally going to have white metro tiles above the worktop but now am toying with upstands instead and no tiles.

x

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18

Edited at 03:47 PM.
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 21, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
storm
Imagineer

Dulux trade diamond matt anti- fade is what our decorator used last week it's scrubbable.
storm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 21, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadAng
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by storm View Post
Dulux trade diamond matt anti- fade is what our decorator used last week it's scrubbable.
That's what we have too. Can wipe pasta sauce off my walls after DH has cooked. That's a win for me.
DisneyMadAng is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 21, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Yup we have the same too - very good in the kitchen and hallway
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 21, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Thanks everyone will look at this one.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 21, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

I also need to get plug sockets, I think I need about five single ones for various appliances at base level and the maybe 5 double sockets for above worktop. Question is which ones? Why are there so damn many! I think I will go with white.

Old 17 Jun 21, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

If you think you need about five sockets I'd be looking to install six. You can't have enough sockets in a kitchen. I'd also never bother with single sockets as doubles are only a few pence more. Oh and make sure that you have a few sockets with USB connections.
jim jehosofat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 21, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Picalily
Imagineer

Picalily's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We have Dulux kitchen paint and it wipes clean really easily.
Picalily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 21, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
I also need to get plug sockets, I think I need about five single ones for various appliances at base level and the maybe 5 double sockets for above worktop. Question is which ones? Why are there so damn many! I think I will go with white.
You can never have too many sockets. Double next single and if think you need 5 have 6 or 7. We also have usb but have to admit only one socket with those. Re make / don’t think you can go wrong with most makes - we have MK as we like the look of them. My main hate is having different style sockets so pick a manufacturer than does everything you want in one style.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 21, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We. Bought all our sockets from here

sparkswarehouse/

They have loads to choose from, excellent prices all matching too!

We chose black ones when we did our kitchen, can’t see them close up but you get the drift!

Jane
August 06 All Star Sports, August 07 All Star Music, OKW August 08 OKW Nov 09 All Star Music Feb 10, OKW Sept 10 OKW Sept 2011 , OKW Nov 2013, Pop Cenury Sept 2014, OKW Sept 2015, OKW Nov 16, OKW Sept 17, OKW Aug 19
janeywaney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List