Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 27 Aug 21, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Toronto

Any tips/ places/ restaurants we must visit?
We have just booked here for 9 nights as an Orlando back up for October and we are staying at the Fairmont royal York as seemed a good base .
We won’t have a car so will have to book a day trip to niagra and also planning on the zoo and Halloween stuff at Canada wonderland.
Have downloaded the ArriveCAN app and will do ETA when we know we’ll be going.
TIA!
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 21, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
SiandAm
Imagineer

I’ll be following this if you don’t mind as we’re also very seriously considering Toronto for October half term as I can’t see us flying to Orlando. There’s some good deals to be had too

PORS 1995 Grand Floridian 1997 CBR 1998 ASMovies2002/2004Cumbrian lakes 2005,6,8,10,11,12,13,14 & 15 NYC/disney '12 AKL 2007 OKW 2009 2012Ellie hunts tour CBR 19
cumbrian lakes2016,17,18,19,22 2019 ASMovies 2022
SiandAm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 21, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I haven’t been as we should of gone last year, my sons just arrived back after living in Toronto. He has recommended Toronto Islands, CN tower and raves about the cactus club and you have to have photos with the Toronto sign. Zip wiring across Niagara they also did and St Lawrence market looks good too x
Old 27 Aug 21, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

We enjoyed our Toronto trip a few years ago
Breakfast at sunshine grill would be one I would recommend

Train to Niagara falls was great too 😃
Old 27 Aug 21, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
Any tips/ places/ restaurants we must visit?
We have just booked here for 9 nights as an Orlando back up for October and we are staying at the Fairmont royal York as seemed a good base .
We won’t have a car so will have to book a day trip to niagra and also planning on the zoo and Halloween stuff at Canada wonderland.
Have downloaded the ArriveCAN app and will do ETA when we know we’ll be going.
TIA!
If you like Thai style food can recommend the Queen Mother Cafe on Queen Street - reasonable prices and good food. Just a few minutes walk from Fairmont RY.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 21, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SiandAm View Post
I’ll be following this if you don’t mind as we’re also very seriously considering Toronto for October half term as I can’t see us flying to Orlando. There’s some good deals to be had too
No course not!
The more the merrier!
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 21, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
I haven’t been as we should of gone last year, my sons just arrived back after living in Toronto. He has recommended Toronto Islands, CN tower and raves about the cactus club and you have to have photos with the Toronto sign. Zip wiring across Niagara they also did and St Lawrence market looks good too x
Will definitely do the CN tower, not so sure about the zip wire! 😂
Thank you!
Old 27 Aug 21, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
We enjoyed our Toronto trip a few years ago
Breakfast at sunshine grill would be one I would recommend

Train to Niagara falls was great too 😃
Sunshine grill came up in my search so that’s good to know and hadn’t considered getting the train but would prefer that!
Thanks!
Old 27 Aug 21, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
If you like Thai style food can recommend the Queen Mother Cafe on Queen Street - reasonable prices and good food. Just a few minutes walk from Fairmont RY.
Love Thai food so I’ll add this to my list . Thanks!
Old 27 Aug 21, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

I normally don’t like the CityPass type tickets because I’ve found sometimes I miss things I would rather do and do things that aren’t for me but we found it covered a lot of good stuff in Toronto.

We really enjoyed:
CN Tower
Distillery District
Casa Loma
Chinatown
Several museums
Brewery tour
Shopping
Nice meals

As well as Niagara Falls and Niagara on the Lake.