Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Oct 21, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
GoofyK
Very Serious Dibber

Im getting nervous now.. really should've booked when I saw the decent price.. now gone.. really hoping Black Friday deals could save me! .. fingers crossed!
GoofyK is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsgiggs
VIP Dibber

We booked yesterday

22nd May 2022 TUI from manchester.

10 nights at the hard rock hotel paid £3987 2 adults, this included their promotional £150 off offer and we included extra leg room seats. couldnt get any where close DIY or virgin so jumped in.

new countdown test

Edited at 09:48 AM.
mrsgiggs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

We haven’t booked flights for August the prices are insane. I can’t believe people are actually paying Virgin 1.6k per economy seat. If they don’t come down I will cancel which is a shame.
Old 10 Oct 21, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Florida1972
Excited about Disney

We bit the bullet and booked yesterday, 4 adults, indirect with Virgin/Delta great connection times so that’s a bonus. Went through Expedia and added one night hotel at the start. 20/7-5/8 £2642 (no checked luggage at this stage), would normally budget 2K for flights July/Aug so have had to pay £650 more, most we’ve ever paid! I’m happy they are booked though, it’s my 50th next year so didn’t want to be out priced if they rise anymore. Good luck everyone
Florida1972 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Booked last night, £400 more than same dates for this yearThey have you over a barrel though as we had BA vouchers so couldn't really shop around IYKWIM as well as the "what I'm I really going to do with what's left?"
Now waiting for them to add a couple of the smaller vouchers as I was only able to add one online.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
We haven’t booked flights for August the prices are insane. I can’t believe people are actually paying Virgin 1.6k per economy seat. If they don’t come down I will cancel which is a shame.
Maybe you should look at elsewhere in the States as prices are pretty much the same now as pre Covid?

Internal US flights are also at pre Covid levels.. including those into Orlando.

It is seemingly only on Longhaul Orlando routes that you will be mercilessly and ruthlessly scalped.

Edited at 10:04 AM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Maybe you should look at elsewhere in the States as prices are pretty much the same now as pre Covid?

Internal US flights are also at pre Covid levels.. including those into Orlando.

It is seemingly only on Longhaul Orlando routes that you will be mercilessly and ruthlessly scalped.
Flight prices for August are nothing like they were ore Covid! I’ve flown in August 7 times in the last 10 years and have never seen 1.7k or indeed anything over 1k for direct Virgin flights from Manchester to Orlando.

Edited as I misread your post. Yes am starting to look at where else we can fly to but will wait it out a while.

Edited at 11:15 AM.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
Flight prices for August are nothing like they were ore Covid! I’ve flown in August 7 times in the last 10 years and have never seen 1.7k or indeed anything over 1k for direct Virgin flights from Manchester to Orlando.

Edited as I misread your post. Yes am starting to look at where else we can fly to but will wait it out a while.
As I said, flights OTHER than Orlando remain around the £500-£540 pp mark and regardless of time of year.. other than Vegas, which always seems a little more, hence the suggestion that Aug 2022 may be an opportunity to try something else.. either a multi city ending up in Orlando after a few days elsewhere… or a completely new departure, not involving Orlando at all. If the Rodent is crucial, then Anaheim springs to mind and if it is generally theme parks that are crucial, then this puts Disney, Universal, Warner Bros, Knotts Berry and 6 Flags all in easy range.

After a few years, one would hope that likewise, Orlando directs will settle back in price. By that time, maybe many will have broadened there outlook and perhaps not wish to return, or at least not spend the whole vacation there.

Edited at 11:55 AM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Haven’t booked our flights yet as they haven’t been released- have to switch out from our Dec 2021 flights first as we’ve decided to not go and change them to 2022. Booked the 2021 ages ago and got return direct upper seats with VA for a final price of £1700pp (£850 ew) during Christmas so to read that economy seats are pretty much the same is scary.
Shifu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Zavala
I have Ears

Originally Posted by ElsasGloves View Post
I am quite concerned that we won’t get reward availability for December when the flights are released in January 2022. Our dates are pretty fixed and I think there just won’t be the seats. We will look to fly into Miami instead as that seems to open up more reward availability, or tampa perhaps, but I’ve pretty much written off Orlando
Keep your head up and don't lose hope! There are reward flights to be had, I missed out on my perfect dates (my own fault dithered too much) but kept checking and they came up again a few weeks later (July/August 22)
Zavala is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List