Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Oct 21, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymike
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Although anything's theoretically possible, there has been no suggestion that the current testing criteria will be modified as part of the November changes, (other than for unvaccinated US citizens, and even then they've suggested it will still be LFTs, they are just changing the timescales). Can confirm qured and ExpressTest are both fine, me and family members have entered in the past few months using both of them.
disneymike is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
su708
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by disneymike View Post
Although anything's theoretically possible, there has been no suggestion that the current testing criteria will be modified as part of the November changes, (other than for unvaccinated US citizens, and even then they've suggested it will still be LFTs, they are just changing the timescales). Can confirm qured and ExpressTest are both fine, me and family members have entered in the past few months using both of them.
Hi Mike, when you used Qured supervised LFT test, do you then need to send the sample off to a lab or do they take the result there and then, like the NHS LFT tests that my kids do each week for school? Thanks 😊
su708 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

That’s great thanks. Do you know what they are changing the timescales to for unvaccinated Americans? Thanks
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymike

Originally Posted by su708 View Post
Hi Mike, when you used Qured supervised LFT test, do you then need to send the sample off to a lab or do they take the result there and then, like the NHS LFT tests that my kids do each week for school? Thanks 😊
No lab involvement. They post you out a kit (very similar to the NHS ones just a different brand) and you schedule the call. On the call you do the LFT in front of them on camera, show them the result, and they tell you to write various things on the test cartridge with a pen. You then finish up the call, wait 20 minutes and email them a photo of the cartridge next to your ID. They are very strict about you sending the email within a 20-30 minute timeframe of the test (they will tell you the official 'recorded' test time on the call). Then, within an hour of you sending that email, the certificate gets emailed back to you.

Originally Posted by mrsbenny View Post
That’s great thanks. Do you know what they are changing the timescales to for unvaccinated Americans? Thanks
It's unconfirmed, but they've said they're planning to make it within 24 hours before departure for unvaccinated people, as opposed to within 3 calendar days before departure for everybody else. Of course this only applies to unvaccinated people that they can't simply ban from entering, like citizens. An unvaccinated visitor is simply not allowed in.

Edited at 01:41 PM.
disneymike is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Can you do the qured call as a family together if that makes sense! Just so one isn’t logging off and another family member trying to log on the call etc.

Edited at 01:49 PM.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

No lab involvement. They post you out a kit (very similar to the NHS ones just a different brand) and you schedule the call. On the call you do the LFT in front of them on camera, show them the result, and they tell you to write various things on the test cartridge with a pen. You then finish up the call, wait 20 minutes and email them a photo of the cartridge next to your ID. They are very strict about you sending the email within a 20-30 minute timeframe of the test (they will tell you the official 'recorded' test time on the call). Then, within an hour of you sending that email, the certificate gets emailed back to you.

It's unconfirmed, but they've said they're planning to make it within 24 hours before departure for unvaccinated people, as opposed to within 3 calendar days before departure for everybody else. Of course this only applies to unvaccinated people that they can't simply ban from entering, like citizens. An unvaccinated visitor is simply not allowed in.

I’m still waiting to see if my unvaccinated 12 year old is allowed to enter. Me, my husband and 18 year old son fully vaccinated. So I’m hoping it’s a case of him testing 24 hours before we go. Still not sure if he will be allowed in , unless anyone has heard updates?
Old 11 Oct 21, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Do you know if they will do 2 people at the same time? Do you do this on a mobile or laptop? As I am wondering if the video call in on the laptop but you can email them the photo using your mobile?

Edited at 01:50 PM.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymike

Can you do the qured call as a family together if that makes sense! Just so one is logging off and another family member trying to log on the call etc.
The qured system will make you make an appointment for each person, just because that's how the online workflow seems to operate, but there's no harm in asking on the first call if you can just do everybody. No personal experience there but I have heard of them doing it for people. I think it supports any device, although I did it exactly like aprilshack says, the call on my laptop then emailed them from my phone after taking the picture.

I’m still waiting to see if my unvaccinated 12 year old is allowed to enter. Me, my husband and 18 year old son fully vaccinated. So I’m hoping it’s a case of him testing 24 hours before we go. Still not sure if he will be allowed in , unless anyone has heard updates?
Yes unfortunately kids are still the big question mark in all this, so I can't help there. You would hope the absolute strictest it would be is that they're allowed but have to follow the unvaccinated testing rule, but there's far less precedent in this area to go on!

Edited at 01:53 PM.
Old 11 Oct 21, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
su708
VIP Dibber

Brilliant, thank you ! X
su708 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
The Muppets
Very Serious Dibber

These are the current CDC guidelines for air travel, of course they may change.

cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...hecklist-p.pdf
The Muppets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List