Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 12 Oct 21, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
piglet100
Apprentice Imagineer

Table service with under 3s

We are (hopefully!) travelling at half term with a 4 and 1.5 yr old.

We have the plus meal plan, but with no buffets I'm now wondering what we do about the 1yo? When my oldest was 1 we found the buffets great for giving him a choice of foods, but with the set meals I'm not sure what the options are for younger kids who don't need a whole children's menu? Has anyone been recently with a <3 year old and have any tips?

Quick service will be fine as she'll eat pizza/pasta all day, but I'm not sure what we do with the table service meals we'd like to do with our meal pla n.
Thank you
Old 12 Oct 21, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Under 3 they're expected to eat from your plate. We took DS at 18mths and 24mths and there's no way we could have not bought him his own meal though and paid OOP. Even my 8mth old would give it a good go 🤣

Like you we ate lots of buffets both times.
We're going back next May with DS 4 and DD will be 15mths. Will buy her own meal wherever we go as that's what she'd be fed here. Don't like the idea of just giving her bits from ours.
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
piglet100
Apprentice Imagineer

Thank you. I don't mind ordering her a meal just hope we can order just the main as she doesn't always need the whole kids menu with drinks and desert etc every time. Especially as she's in a picky phase!
Buffets were ideal for toddler grazing, there's always some pasta or something easy!
Old 13 Oct 21, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Frecklamy
Getting to know the DIBB

Sorry to jump on someone else's thread, but at buffets, is it completely accepted that they'll just 'eat off your plate' no matter how much that is? We'll be going with an almost 3-year-old in June (fingers crossed buffets will be back by then!) and even now he'll eat huge portions (for a 2-yr-old) so wasn't sure if it was taking the mick a little to let him eat that much from our plates. But it's also so expensive to pay for a separate meal. Just working out how much we should be factoring in for food. We're staying at Davy Crockett so will probably do mostly self catering and not get meal plans, but good to know for days when we don't feel like cooking or want to be tied into going back for meals.
Frecklamy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
piglet100
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Frecklamy View Post
Sorry to jump on someone else's thread, but at buffets, is it completely accepted that they'll just 'eat off your plate' no matter how much that is? We'll be going with an almost 3-year-old in June (fingers crossed buffets will be back by then!) and even now he'll eat huge portions (for a 2-yr-old) so wasn't sure if it was taking the mick a little to let him eat that much from our plates. But it's also so expensive to pay for a separate meal. Just working out how much we should be factoring in for food. We're staying at Davy Crockett so will probably do mostly self catering and not get meal plans, but good to know for days when we don't feel like cooking or want to be tied into going back for meals.
I think it's fine, you can't buy a meal plan for an under 3 even if you wanted to and plenty of adults load up on food that goes uneaten! Fingers crossed buffets are back by then.
Old 14 Oct 21, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Frecklamy
Getting to know the DIBB

Originally Posted by piglet100 View Post
I think it's fine, you can't buy a meal plan for an under 3 even if you wanted to and plenty of adults load up on food that goes uneaten! Fingers crossed buffets are back by then.
Thanks! Ah yes, good point - had forgotten about the whole issue of eyes being bigger than stomach when it comes to buffets!
Frecklamy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Frecklamy View Post
No need to "eat off your plate" At buffets they just help themselves to as much as they want, same as adults and older children. We went when DS was 18mths and 2yrs and he'd have at least 2 plates as he's a very good eater. Staff explain that to you when seated, the only thing you're asked to pay for is a drink (if you want one for them).
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Starmum22
Imagineer

Just back and we travelled with an under 2. We either ordered a children’s meal or just got her a plate and gave her some of our food!
Old 18 Oct 21, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Originally Posted by piglet100 View Post
We are (hopefully!) travelling at half term with a 4 and 1.5 yr old.

We have the plus meal plan, but with no buffets I'm now wondering what we do about the 1yo? When my oldest was 1 we found the buffets great for giving him a choice of foods, but with the set meals I'm not sure what the options are for younger kids who don't need a whole children's menu? Has anyone been recently with a <3 year old and have any tips?

Quick service will be fine as she'll eat pizza/pasta all day, but I'm not sure what we do with the table service meals we'd like to do with our meal pla n.
Thank you
Piglet buffets are back from 20th October, thought that might be helpful for you
Old 18 Oct 21, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
piglet100
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Enchanted View Post
Piglet buffets are back from 20th October, thought that might be helpful for you
I know happy to see that! Might need to rejig some of my dining plans!