Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 14 Oct 21, 06:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

Mamma Mia it’s Greece

Day 3 Wednesday 13 Oct

Another night of restless sleep. Tonight the a/c sounded like it was one of those electric moth killer things. I was too cold without the sheet on and too hot with it on. Jas went to the loo at 12.30 - to disturb me to stop my snoring! Phoebe was then on her phone and told me that Chigs got star baker in bake-off! The girls claimed that I kept snoring but I didn’t feel like I’d been asleep enough to snore plus, how can I help it if the a/c leaves my nose blocked! Jas even said she resorted to putting her noise cancelling headphones on!

I was fully awake from 6 but didn’t get up until 7, packed the pool bags, grabbed the towels and a lilo and headed out to set up camp (after Phoebe told me to stop rustling). Set up camp in the same place as yesterday as it works well for the early morning (lack of) sun. Sat and read my book until phoebe appeared around 8.45. We then went and got a light breakfast - no five croissants today.

Jas appeared at 11 and we went into the snack terrace to get some chips. I keep having trouble getting up off the sunbeds - a) they’re low down, b) my legs hurt from yesterday’s run c) I get what I refer to as playmobil feet - if my legs have just been laid out straight for a while when I then stand up it’s like my ankles have fused and I can’t properly stand up. The girls find it hilarious but I’m wondering why I haven’t seen anyone else have these same issues!

This morning is the most sun we’ve had, although still interspersed with cloud. We were going to make the most of the sun and get lunch from the snack terrace but by 12.30 we’re in full cloud again so go in to the main restaurant. Jas has her usual, Phoe gets some 4 cheese pasta and I have a mini roast - pork, veg, wedges.
Jas has a funny five seconds when she’s finished and feels queasy, the same thing happened after a five guys in a Florida food court a few years ago and once she’d had a drink she was fine. Same today. Phoebe also reacted the same as she did in Florida and bolted! She suffers from emetophobia and worries that if Jas had been ill that she would catch it and be unwell too.

All fine back at camp. I think this is the longest that jas had sat out with us. I got myself a pink lady cocktail which was badita, strawberry cream and orange juice. It wasn’t too bad but a bit creamy for my liking

A big patch of cloud appeared and we had a few spots of rain. I went and got 2 cups of tea and some ice cream for Jas - we cracked open a packet of bourbons - tea and biscuits outside in the cold, what more could we want?!
Jas bailed soon after. We decided that if we do a late in the season holiday in the future we need to always pack 2 towels each, one to lay on and one to use a blanket and maybe a fluffy dressing gown to put on when it gets chilly. Phoebe and I stuck at it and eventually a big patch of blue appeared. I finished my book and we decided as I was still nice we’d take a walk down to the beach and maybe take a dip. Got down to the bottom of the hill and although it was still sunny there was a lot of seaweed and I said to phoebe it would have been because of the bad weather and then kicked myself as she’d probably then associate the earthquake and worry about a tsunami but she didn’t make the connection and we happily took a paddle.

Called in at the supermarket on the way back up and then sat on the balcony to catch the last of the rays. I was plaiting Phoebe’s hair when she said is that man naked over there? I had to get my glasses on and lo and behold someone in the main hotel block had wondered on to his balcony starkers.

No one was really looking forward to dinner (nothing to do with the naked man incident) - phoebe really fancied something different like nachos, jas didn’t really want chips and spag bol again and I was starting to get the samey feel. We get to the restaurant and there is an Asian vibe to tonight’s food - sushi, spring rolls, fried rice, noodles etc. phoebe ended up with tomato soup, a plate of spring rolls and chips and a plate of salad and jas tried the burger which was ok.
My dress was really starting to itch me. I don’t really do dresses but this one had gold thread woven through it and in the inside it all had sharp edges - I had to go and get changed half way through cards as I couldn’t stand it any longer.

We sat on a different terrace tonight as Phoe wanted to do the movie quiz - I went in search of hot chocolate and found some in the restaurant and it was tasty too - this may now feature daily. Had to go back to the room to fetch a blanket before the quiz. We sat at the back to remain inconspicuous but that was to be our downfall - this was no pen and paper quiz. A theme tune would be played and You had to run up to the stage and be the first one at the chair to answer and if you were correct you were given a card and at the end your cards get added up. This meant we were out - we don’t do public humiliation! There was one table with a big group where the parents were sending the children as runners so no one else was getting a look in. 5 questions in they play Billy Ocean’s when the going gets tough. I’m saying to the girls that I don’t know the film but it’s Billy Ocean. Next thing the host is asking who the singer is. No one is running for the chair - I find my aching legs trotting for the chair, all fear of public humiliation out of the window. Well because we were right at the back, I’m half way there when one of the kids darts for the chair, I try to style it out and run round a table and head back to my seat but the kid gets it wrong so I complete the lap of the table and find the quiz master heading for me - 2 cards for me!

Phoebe then decides to take the reins and run for several answers but we’re too far away. Plus the blanket was a hindrance and she had to keep de-robing first. Game over with just 2 points. Tomorrow is a caricature quiz so we’ll be sitting closer

Back to the room just after 11 - way too late for me when I’m so tired because of air con/everyone in the same room issues! Hopefully tonight will be better

Day 3 from Phoebe’s point of view:

Day 3

I did not sleep well. Again. I started off hopeful as the air con was on but by the time I’d put my phone down at half 11, after hearing Chigs in Bake Off won Star Baker 🙌🏻, mum was sound asleep snoring. Next thing I know, Jas gets up to go for a wee which wakes everyone up - she later in the day told us she got up to make noise to wake mum up because her banging her hand on the wood behind her bed didn’t work!

Mum kept trying to creep into my side of the bed and every now and then I’d have to nudge her to wake up her and stop snoring. Jas and I hardly slept and are exhausted but mum continues to tell us she hardly slept!

I did eventually get back to sleep after mum was up but she then decided to rustle everything in the room that was capable of rustling! I heard the bread being rustled, some sandwich bags, a lilo being pulled out, looking for face cream and god knows what else. I’m surprised she didn’t come in and ask what colour toothbrush she was again!

Met her downstairs and left Jas sleeping for a bit longer but had to go back into the room several times, I left my phone and then left my watch and then left my book! After I’d met mum and we’d decided we were going for breakfast, I discovered I’d left my mask! Back up the stairs I go.

I had two slices of my gluten free bread, two pancakes and just the one croissant which totally defeats the point of having the gluten free toast but every little helps I suppose! Not longer after breakfast I went back up for a wee and to get the bourbons at mums request and found Jas was up ready and getting her stuff sorted to come downstairs.

The sun was fully out this morning so we took full advantage of it! Mum and I did brave the pool again but not long after cloud was back snd we were freezing! We decided to head up to lunch at this point, you’ll be pleased to know there was no earthquakes today. Jas did then start to feel a bit off so I legged it back down to the pool and they both insisted she was fine.

A few more hours went past with the full sun until Jas decided to go back up to the room and send us a 👍🏻 to let us know the maid had been and she was safe to say there. Mum and I spent another hour or so down by the pool reading until we made the decision to go back upstairs and collect Jas before heading back to the beach with the bribe of stopping in the shop to get a T-shirt Jas liked. Whilst in the room mum had asked me to chuck her towel to her to so she could hang it on the balcony but as I’d flung it at her, it got her right in the face! Jas was in hysterics, I was laughing but shocked and was apologising and Jas said through laughter that mum was trying not to laugh as well!

We made the walk to the beach but because if the bad weather yesterday there was tons of seaweed so we didn’t get in the sea. Back up to Jas where she was waiting on the brick wall and to the shop where we picked up her T-shirt’s and I got a T-shirt and hoodie was well, it’s so cold in the evenings I’m gonna need the hoodie!

Mum and I read on the balcony with the last of the sun before I got in the shower. After I was out I was putting on a Juicy Couture scented body cream and mum came out to plait my hair and was like what are you putting on, she then said it smelt off. All I could then smell was a mouldy perfumed body cream and I actually stank. I wiped it all off but even throughout the evening I can still smell it on me!

We headed down to dinner and this is probably the best meal I’ve eaten, I had tomato soup and bread, Greek salad, chips, rice, mash and spring rolls and then went back for more chips, spring rolls and pizza! Jas asked why she wasn’t allowed 4 plates of food and mum answered you can’t have 4 plates of chips and spaghetti. She then sulked about not having another two plates of chips whilst she ate two huge scoops of vanilla icecream!

After dinner we headed out to the terrace to play a few games of cards but I was just not with it and went to pick cards up before I’d laid them and was laying the wrong cards down!
We were trying to hold out until the movie quiz at 9:30 but it was so cold. Mum really fancied a hot chocolate and went to ask if they had them and came back with two!

Half 9 came and we moved to the entertainment terrace and picked a table towards the back. We thought it would be a pen and paper quiz but it turned out, if you knew the film or the series from what the song was from, you had to run up to the stage and sit on chair 1 to win a card. The players with the most cards won the game. One of the first songs that came on, mum knew it was “When the going gets tough” by Billy Ocean but didn’t know the film. No one else seemed to know the film so the guy said he’s take the artist, both Jas and I were telling her to run up. She ‘trotted’ up and won two cards for the artist and song title!

I felt too nervous to run and answer with the wrong thing that I didn’t run for CSI Miami, Skyfall, The Simpsons Movie. I did however run for Avatar but kids at the front beat me. I started to run for fame and mum shouted go at me but I thought she shouted no so I stopped and then had to run back but was too late. Also tried to run for Grease but we were so far back I didn’t stand a chance! The kids didn’t know any of the films or series but the parents were telling them the answer and they were running. A few times the entertainment guy had to tell them to calm down and remind them that there were adults playing the game so they couldn’t just run up and jump on the chairs!

Safe to say we did not win but confirmed tomorrow night for the Cartoon Characerture we will be sitting near the front and will be in full on sports gear ready to run!

I’m so exhausted tonight so hoping that I’ll sleep through and won’t be woken up by any snoring, remote dropping, toilet trips to stop the snoring, meltdowns over back pain, hurricanes, tsunamis or earthquakes! We shall see x
Old 14 Oct 21, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Jewel of the Nile! That’s the movie for going gets tough!

Another good day, despite naked man on balcony! Reminds me of ‘Friends’….

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

Sorry that your weather isn't great but you seem to be having a lovely relaxing holiday x
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List