Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Oct 21, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
petit-pois
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
We don't go till next August, but am watching with interest. My DS 13 tested positive 3 weeks ago, had a week clear and DD 15 tested positive a week ago. I am triple vaxed, DH double vaxed. Both the kids schools have contacted about them having their vaccines, but I am struggling to find out how long they have to wait to have it now they are both getting over the virus. Does anyone know? Even the paediatric consultant's I work with are unsure!
It’s 28 days from a positive result. If you give your area school immunisation team a call they may be able to tell you the plans for the catch up doses.
petit-pois is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
emmabrown68
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by SallyK View Post
We all have covid at the moment isolation to end mid week, adults double jabbed, DS 12 single jab and DD 9yrs. So it won't be possible to have a PCR test to go and we need to get recovery proof for us all but no NHS App for the kids.

Keen to understand the requirements so we can start practising jumping ... through hoops!
When are you due to fly?
IDrive 91, Enclave Suites 07, Southern Dunes 09, Quality Inn Plaza, Hard Rock Hotel, Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel (St Petes), Orlando Metropolitan Express & Buena Vista Palace Hotel 10!, The Florida Hotel 11, Hampton Lakes 12, Bridgewater Crossing 12, Vegas/LA 13, Tall Grass Villa 13, The Florida Hotel 13, Bridgewater Crossing 15, Terrace Ridge 16, West Haven 17,18,July 19, Dec 19 & Dec 21, West Haven & Cabana Bay 22
emmabrown68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Rach78
Trying for More Ears

My daughter 14, had covid and was given her jag 28 days after her positive test.
Rach78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMacks
I want to go now!

I’m also following, going next July. DD 12 needs her consent for the jab by Monday but don’t know what to do. She is happy to have it, I’m in 2 minds and DH wants to wait. Only problem with that is I don’t know if they can only have it in a school setting?
Disneyland Paris for a magical Christmas 2014
Disney World Florida A little Jedi's first trip 2022
DisneyMacks is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

One of my DCs schools is doing catch up sessions for those who missed it, so I'm sure there will be other chances for those who have missed it and those who want to wait a bit longer. I'm sure it'll open up to vax centres too at some point, as loads of kids will be turning 12 after the catch up sessions, and they can't keep sending nurses into school.
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

I was told in our area the kids being vaxed at school under one contract so not sure how catch ups work, DD had hers at hospital because she was vulnerable. She will be double vaxed on halloween all being good.

Edited at 10:46 PM.
Bootrip2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
redspottyowl
Imagineer

redspottyowl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We go next August, my 16 year old has had one dose and the 2nd dose hasn’t been announced yet so May or may not happen, my 13 year old has had one dose and it doesn’t seem likely they will do 2nd doses for under 16’s currently. We had some bad news this week that my DH has a significant heart condition so unsure if the children will be eligible for 2nd doses because of that?

These things are fun..and fun is good NYC/Orlando May/June 15 Pretrippy
Adults are only kids grown up pretrippy Oct/Nov 2013
A Bargain Hunters Pre-trip report Nov 2011
NOV 2011 - Villa offsite 'bargain hunters'
OCT/NOV 2013 - OLD KEY WEST Disney trip - DDP
OCT/NOV 2018 - Disney pixie dust Yacht Club stay
AUG 2022 - Cabana Bay -teen choice
redspottyowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
blabbert
Proud to wear my Ears

Scotland have the option for people over 12 to request a covid certificate either via post or download (not allowed app). Here is the link for anyone who needs the details. nhsinform.scot/covid-19-...ination-status
blabbert is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
blabbert
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by redspottyowl View Post
We go next August, my 16 year old has had one dose and the 2nd dose hasn’t been announced yet so May or may not happen, my 13 year old has had one dose and it doesn’t seem likely they will do 2nd doses for under 16’s currently. We had some bad news this week that my DH has a significant heart condition so unsure if the children will be eligible for 2nd doses because of that?
Sorry to hear. Be worth asking the consultant. People who are ECV are allowed to have second doses for children who they have regular weekly contact with.
blabbert is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Karl01
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by DisneyMacks View Post
I’m also following, going next July. DD 12 needs her consent for the jab by Monday but don’t know what to do. She is happy to have it, I’m in 2 minds and DH wants to wait. Only problem with that is I don’t know if they can only have it in a school setting?
When I took my 16 year old to a vaccination centre for a pre booked appointment, I asked if I could bring my 12 year old for a walk in vaccination. They said under 16s couldn't attend a vaccination centre and the only place they could get the jab was school or the GP.
There is no option on the NHS website to book an appointment for under 16s in England.
We've just got the consent forms for school for my 12 year old.
It does talk about catch up sessions for those who can't have it because they have had a recent infection or the year 7s who haven't turned 12 yet.
Karl01 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List