Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Oct 21, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Latics
Apprentice Imagineer

Latics's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DisneyMacks View Post
I’m also following, going next July. DD 12 needs her consent for the jab by Monday but don’t know what to do. She is happy to have it, I’m in 2 minds and DH wants to wait. Only problem with that is I don’t know if they can only have it in a school setting?
We had to return our consent last week. DD is adamant she doesn’t want it. I had a few concerns about her having it anyway so it came as a bit of a relief
Latics is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
kitjos
slightly serious Dibber

I do feel for you all when older kids are involved, and im glad this thread was made compared to how the other one went . Our holiday next week is clearly cancelled so no decision for us to make, but seeing the comments here, my heart does sink when i see July/Aug 2022 hols and we are questioning what jabs/boosters we will need .

We need to book for Oct '22, and i honestly didn't even think vaccine status would be a legal demand by then (for US). Maybe it will be though? I wonder what will go first, the requirement to test neg pre/post flight, or the requirement of full vaccination. I guess the former.

I have my booster booked for next week - but i wish you all well sorting out the future plans, hopefully more info will be released soon xxx
kitjos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
mrmoo123
Imagineer

Watching with interest. Can't believe how such a big detail has been left out of all announcements so far...
Old 17 Oct 21, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Latics View Post
On another thread Reuters reported that this information should be announced on the 25th, not too long to wait now. At least by then I’ll know. We’re all in different situations, ours being a 12 year old who doesn’t want the vaccine.
Would you be happy being on a plane with a 40 yr old who doesn't want the vaccine?

If so then I see no issue with a 12 he old vaccine denying traveller, but if you have any issue with adults travelling unvaccinated you have to the decent thing and tell your kid they shouldn't be travelling either
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
petit-pois
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by blabbert View Post
Scotland have the option for people over 12 to request a covid certificate either via post or download (not allowed app). Here is the link for anyone who needs the details. nhsinform.scot/covid-19-...ination-status
Well done Scotland for being on the ball with this! England don’t seem to have much of a plan 🙄
petit-pois is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

I’ld imagine anyone (any age) offered a vaccine will probably need to have taken it. I think the unknowns is whether a single jab will suffice for under 18s. The poster above is right, it’s not really fair that an unvaccinated 12 year old should be allowed to fly and not an unvaccinated 40 year old if both had the opportunity to be vaccinated.

Edited at 09:11 AM.
MarkUK is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
petit-pois
VIP Dibber

I’m also following, going next July. DD 12 needs her consent for the jab by Monday but don’t know what to do. She is happy to have it, I’m in 2 minds and DH wants to wait. Only problem with that is I don’t know if they can only have it in a school setting?
It’s a difficult decision, especially with all the reporting of vaccine side effects. If it’s myocarditis that’s a main concern, the risk is significantly higher from covid if unvaccinated than from the vaccine itself (see link)
aappublications/news...hildren-083121
petit-pois is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Karl01 View Post
When I took my 16 year old to a vaccination centre for a pre booked appointment, I asked if I could bring my 12 year old for a walk in vaccination. They said under 16s couldn't attend a vaccination centre and the only place they could get the jab was school or the GP.
There is no option on the NHS website to book an appointment for under 16s in England.
We've just got the consent forms for school for my 12 year old.
It does talk about catch up sessions for those who can't have it because they have had a recent infection or the year 7s who haven't turned 12 yet.
In our area, the only place they can have the vaccine is in school and not even at a GP surgery. I rang the GP as DS12 has a needle phobia (Thinking I’d be there for moral support at the doctors) and they were just not interested - his only option is school.☹️
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Yep 13 year old here waiting for the announcement 🤞🏻
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Do you think at some point it will be a case where you can pay for a vaccine? Like you have to do to go to certain countries now?

It’s not just the USA where I want to go and can’t. I have family in Finland who I’m desperate to see and I can’t go because the children (16 and 12) are not fully vaccinated.

DS16 is desperate for his second vaccine and he can’t have it.
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List