Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 9 Aug 17, 03:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Yordaman
Excited about Disney

Mobile Memory Maker & Photopass Question

We bought Ultimate tickets in the UK, and have used fine for our 2 weeks, with all ride and photographer shots showing on MDE and downloadable.

However, we got some shots at Disney Springs today, which have been added to the photos on MDE, but have the watermark added, and I can't seem to find a way to download for free.

I thought all photos would be free, so am a bit puzzled. Is it because the DS photos were taken out of the Ultimate ticket 14-day window?

Any advice please?
Yordaman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 17, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
rosiebun3
Apprentice Imagineer

rosiebun3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 4
This happened to me. Go to front of park and they should be able to remove them. They said it was something to do with how I viewed them but I hadn't done anything different
Old 9 Aug 17, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Lucyjane45xxx
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Yordaman View Post
We bought Ultimate tickets in the UK, and have used fine for our 2 weeks, with all ride and photographer shots showing on MDE and downloadable.

However, we got some shots at Disney Springs today, which have been added to the photos on MDE, but have the watermark added, and I can't seem to find a way to download for free.

I thought all photos would be free, so am a bit puzzled. Is it because the DS photos were taken out of the Ultimate ticket 14-day window?

Any advice please?
I would imagine that it is to do with the 14 day window. As the Memory Maker is linked to your tickets it is valid for those 14 days. They can definitely remove the watermark so I would either go to the Kodak place in Disney Springs if you can (I note you cant go to the ones in the parks as presumably your 14 days of visiting parks is now up) or call Disney. They may not do anything with it being outside of the 14 days, but it is worth asking at least.
"The Superfan & The Skeptic" - Trip Report Index Here
Lucyjane45xxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 17, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Yordaman
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks. We do plan to go to DS shortly so can try asking there.
Yordaman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 17, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Yordaman View Post

Any advice please?
The free Memory Maker expires when your Ultimate tickets expire. See here where it says, "The entitlement window end date corresponds with your theme park ticket duration".

So if these photos were taken after the 14 day window then they wouldn't be included in the Memory Maker (although they will still appear in your PhotoPass account) and you would have to pay extra to download them. Or talk nicely to a Disney CM and they may let you download them for free.

If they were taken during the 14 day window of your Ultimate ticket, then the photos should be included.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 12:28 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 17, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Yordaman
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Ah, I see. That's our mistake for not spotting that, as the pix were definitely taken after our ticket window closed. I will ask nicely at DS and see if they will help!