Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 8 Aug 17, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
larissasmum
Getting Excited

Mobile Volcano Bay opening times-heads up

Just a heads up to anyone heading to Volcano Bay, the posted opening times say 9 (8 for hotel guests) but it has actually been opening at 7:30 the past few days.

When we checked in to the hotel we were told it was open at 7:30 for hotel guests. Buses start at 6:30. We got the first bus & were let in promptly at 7:30. It's 7:50 now & is filling up rapidly. We have been told it is reaching capacity by 9:30
larissasmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 17, 03:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Infinity Red
Imagineer

Thanks, we are literally a minute walk away from our building Beachside at Cabana Bay, might get up and go in the morning, my ds is desperate to ride krakateau ( prob spelt wrong ).
Old 9 Aug 17, 03:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Bayshore
Imagineer

Bayshore's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 5
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I'm aghast at at a bus at 630am on hols 😨 .
Bayshore is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 17, 03:37 AM  
Link to this Post
popdriver
Proud to wear my Ears

I went the other day, first in at 07:30, all rides done and back in the hotel for breakfast at 10:00 - happy days
popdriver is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 17, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Cavvy
a Friend of the DIBB

Notice in late Aug closing time listed as 6pm, can that be correct?
Cavvy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 17, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by popdriver View Post
I went the other day, first in at 07:30, all rides done and back in the hotel for breakfast at 10:00 - happy days
Did you use the Tapu Tapu? I've never heard of the whole park being done in two and a half hours. That's amazing!
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 17, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Portugal1000
Helping Minnie

Do you know if they are letting offsite guests in before their advertised time to. We arrive on 20th and plan was to go to VB on the first morning then after that, only visit in the afetrnoons, hoping the crowds will have died down by then. Trying to work out what time i should get to the Universal car park by.
Thanks
Portugal1000 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 17, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
popdriver
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by tracey1302 View Post
Did you use the Tapu Tapu? I've never heard of the whole park being done in two and a half hours. That's amazing!
To be fair we went to VB a few days earlier so knew what to expect... We only went early doors as during daytime it is maxed out and ques of 3-4 hours

So when we rocked up at 07:30 we had a plan and tackled each ride in a circular sweep of the park

Yes you always use Tapu but at first thing in the morning all rides show ride now so you just tap &. Ride

Enjoy & avoid during the days
popdriver is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 17, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
popdriver
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Portugal1000 View Post
Do you know if they are letting offsite guests in before their advertised time to. We arrive on 20th and plan was to go to VB on the first morning then after that, only visit in the afetrnoons, hoping the crowds will have died down by then. Trying to work out what time i should get to the Universal car park by.
Thanks
Ok this is an interesting one... what you do here is get into the park as early before 09:00 as your happy to do so... so when you enter the park with your park ticket at the finger print scanner they don't actually check your a hotel quest at this point.

Once in VB you slope to the left if your a hotel quest where they check your room key or to the right if your not a hotel guest... then you wait by the ropes until 09:00... if it were me I would be at the finger print scanner for 08:40

However, everyone has to get the bus transfer to VB so I don't know how long that takes or what the que is for that so check that out too

Good luck and the earlier the better, research the rides and the wait times and hit the longest lines first

The trap door rides at the top of the volcano are amazing but not for the faint hearted
Old 10 Aug 17, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Originally Posted by Bayshore View Post
I'm aghast at at a bus at 630am on hols 😨 .
First few days it feels like 11.30am to us Brits with the time difference
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List