Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Apr 18, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I disagree and agree in equal measure.

There is nothing about the case that is so complex that couldn't be advised on an internet forum if the person advising is qualified to do so. The problem is of course that many who sound knowledgeable on a forum are just stating opinions rather than legal facts
So if you don’t know who is giving the advise on a forum don’t take it, as Yorkshire T said?
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 18, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
nquart
Very Serious Dibber

nquart's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
It just gets worse! Got a call tonight with another unsuitable option and I told him we weren't happy, unacceptable etc and he got shirty with me because he's spent nearly a week searching for alternatives none of which I'm happy with.

He then said he can't confirm when we'll get a reference number but someone will confirm in writing to us within 48 hours that we are on the original flights.

All good I thought...

Then get another call asking if Virgin change the flight times or cancel the morning flight would we be happy to go on the later flight. He then got offended because I told I wouldn't agree to that because I thought he would then put us on the later flight out and blame Virgin.

The conversation wasn't going anywhere so I told him if we weren't on the flights we'd complain to ABTA, instantly he asked if we had our booking reference number tonight could we not complain. I told him I wouldn't if we get written confirmation that we are on the original flights and he said we'll have an email within 48 hours, but didn't specify what it would actually confirm.

So... still not sure if we'll get the flights we have booked

And the best bit, he clearly wasn't getting what he wanted from me so asked to speak to DH! We had done a good cop/bad cop routine on one of the calls last week so he clearly thought DH was the better option to speak to
nquart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 18, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
nquart
Very Serious Dibber

nquart's Reviews
Also, I guess my thread title wasn't really accurate in that we wanted legal advice specifically, I suppose just advice in general if anyone had been in this situation before and could help.

The legal bit was deciphering their T&Cs and trying to understand where we stood regards the price/changes etc.
nquart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 18, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

as a couple of others have mentioned contact your credit card company and fill them in on everything, including that you are trying to sort this out but it appears the TA is been difficult. See what they say, you maybe surprised how many times they have to deal with something similar.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 18, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
nquart
Very Serious Dibber

nquart's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by shack69 View Post
as a couple of others have mentioned contact your credit card company and fill them in on everything, including that you are trying to sort this out but it appears the TA is been difficult. See what they say, you maybe surprised how many times they have to deal with something similar.
Thank you, we will. I’m going to do it tomorrow to pre-empt any issues with the infamous email!
Old 24 Apr 18, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Northerndave
Being a bit Goofy

OP, have you looked at sourcing flights elsewhere? Just in case you need to book something and get your CC company to get the money back off these charlatans.

I'm sure there is a limited time in which these companies can come back and tell you they are unable to fulfil your booking, but that is days, not months.

Sounds like they advertised a price not available and though tthey'd get a better price in the sales. That hasn't worked out and they want you to pay extra. That's not on.

Do you or your DH have legal cover through your employers?

Can you tell us what company this is ?
Old 24 Apr 18, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
pad406
VIP Dibber

pad406's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Just a thought, but if they don't have shops that you can go in and shout at them, they may have twitter and facebook which can be even more effective these days as the posts reach far more people

Christmas 2018/New Year 2019 (19N) BC - RPR - BC
Christmas 2016/New Year 2017 (18N). SF, LA, Disneyland & SD
Christmas 2014/New Year 2015 (21N). BWI, Hard Rock, Beach Club
April 2012 (21N). New York, Beach Club
Christmas 2010/New Year 2011 (15N). Polynesian & AKL
pad406 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 18, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Wee_Red
Imagineer

Wee_Red's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by nquart View Post
And the best bit, he clearly wasn't getting what he wanted from me so asked to speak to DH! We had done a good cop/bad cop routine on one of the calls last week so he clearly thought DH was the better option to speak to
Good god if they have a facebook page/twitter, I would be emphasising the fact they asked to speak to your husband. How utterly patronising. Will a man be more logical and accept whatever nonsense they're offering? I'd do a quick search on the flight you want's availability. They made the mistake, they need to suck it up.

And definitely take it further. Sounds like some staff need a bit of training on customer service. If you promise not to complain, we'll sort it out but if you do then tough? Alongside potential sexism? Oh my!
Wee_Red is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 18, 05:19 AM  
Link to this Post
nquart
Very Serious Dibber

nquart's Reviews
I'll try to answer all the questions:

- we have looked at getting flights elsewhere, the difference is about £600 more to fly with Thomas Cook and £900 more with Virgin. We've agreed that if we end up with a refund we would rather go with Virgin (preferable flight times) but would be v annoyed at paying the extra.

- we don't have legal cover with car/home insurance unfortunately. I hadn't thought about employers though, we can both check today.

- they aren't on Twitter, but they are on Facebook. I don't know if I can just post on their page but they have a review section I could use.

- if he wants to speak to DH next time he can, he isn't going to say anything different to me.

- no matter what the outcome I'm still going to complain, but I will do it after we get back. They are a shambles and like PP said, they made a mistake and need to suck it up but won't do that.

I have been very careful not to name them because they are on here and I wanted advice without antagonising them by naming and shaming them but I am quite happy to tell people of our experience once it is all sorted. I wouldn't want anyone else to book with them and end up in the same situation.
Old 25 Apr 18, 06:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Frankie & gang
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

If you go onto their Facebook page, “posts, see visitors posts” (both a little under the main picture) you can post comments & questions.
Many people try that option when direct contact / complaints are gettin no-where. You should also be able to see if others have put similar comments.
Good luck