Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Apr 18, 07:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Markpc2013
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m usually wakened around 5am by DW telling me she’s awake and can’t sleep 😡😡. So that’s me wide awake then... if DW wasn’t so helpful i’d reckon I would see through to about 7 - 7.30!
US 192 - Feb 1994; I-Drive- Feb 07; Fairfield Inn - June 10; Oakpoint Circle V - June 11; Homewood Suites - July 12; Calabay Parc V- June 14; Esprit Estates V - June 15; CBR - April 16; Hyatt Place, Drury's & Bridgewater V - Sept 16; CBR & V US27 - Apr 17; Eagle Pointe V - Nov 17; Lindfields V - Apr 18; Pop C- Nov 19; Universal & Cruise - Feb 20; Rosen Inn & PB- Nov 21; H2S I-Drive - Apr 22; SSR & HI S535 - Sept 22.
Markpc2013 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 18, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Last time we didn’t sleep at all the night before - too excited! And it was 10pm before we arrived at SSR, and then walked to Wolfgang Puck Express for pizza. Must have been close to midnight by the time we got to bed.

Nevertheless, next morning by 3am we were awake and figuring out the coffee maker!

We never managed to sleep later than 5am the whole two weeks, even when we got to bed after midnight.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 18, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Moz
Imagineer

Moz's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Usually around 4am... this year though we are going to try a park when we arrive.

Due to land at 2pm so hopefully be checked in at park for 6-7pm... get some rides done and try to stay awake as long as possible
Moz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 18, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I'm normally awake at 5/6, dh and the kids anything from 7. We try and keep going the night before as late as we physically can, cave in about 9.30pm so at least get a half decent sleep. I'm a terrible sleeper and always have a broken sleep anyway so am tired regardless, but I usually get up have a shower and sort myself out while the others are still sleeping, last time I popped down to the hotel lobby, grabbed myself a hot tea and enjoyed the peace for a bit! This year we're waking up on our first morning at Deerfield beach so I may well take my tea and sit on the beach while they all sort themselves out!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 18, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Stupid o'clock is my answer

I've never slept past 4:30an the first morning, even if I went to bed at 11pm (and the earlier you go to bed, the earlier you wake up)

the only key is to not try to sleep in. Even if it's tempting, even if the rest of the family still snore deeply

then the next days 6 or 7am is acheivable without problem; But we would never sleep past 7:30 because there is too much things to do.
If we wanted to sleep in and sleep our vacations through, we'd have stayed at home
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 18, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bluegirl5353 View Post
Hi Dibbers!

Please can you tell me from experience, roughly what time do you usually wake up on the 1st & 2nd days of the holiday. We will land in Orlando at about 2.30pm US time direct from Manchester.

I'm just planning what to do those first few days.

Thanks!x
I think there are different experiences, before I went to Orlando for the first time in 2015 I used the DIBB and lots of people said they work up in the early hours of the morning at the start of their holiday. We didn't (one adult, 2 teenagers). I think we were waking at around 7, maybe 8am US time.
We were majorly delayed on arrival due to a thunder/lightning storm over MCO which meant we were kept on the plane for well over an hour and a half, then the luggage collection was madness too. This all meant we didn't get to bed until after midnight US time, so that may have had the effect in hindsight of getting us onto US time a lot quicker than we would have had we not been so badly delayed by the weather.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 18, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
I woke up on our first day at 3, fell back asleep until 5:30 then got up 6 and left for magic Kingdom about 6:30! We watched fantasmic that night and went to sleep around 10pm. Woke up the next morning around 5:30. My other half could have slept until 10am though!
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 18, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

Usually around 3.30/4 once I’m awake I’m awake I’m not one of those fall back to sleep people so I have a coffee read, get ready then when it’s light have a walk round the resort.

Every other day were up at 5 in the morning, we do t need a lot of sleep and like to go for early morning walks before breakfast and going to the parks,

Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 18, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
between 5:30 and 7 (we're just too excited)
Old 25 Apr 18, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
claire0779
Disney Adult

On the first night we try stay out til after 10 pm get home sorted chill out go into the pool then in bed for 12ish, then thats us till about 7/8ish xx
June 2018 - Balmoral at Waters Edge (WE GOT MARRIED
Feb 2020 - Surprised my Hubby with NYC
June 2022 - Last minute booked Emerald Island
October 2022 - Balmoral at Waters Edge
December 2022 - NYC with friends
December 2023 - Balmoral at Waters Edge for Christmas and New Year
Can't wait till it's our time in the magical land of Disney 2023 again!
claire0779 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List