Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Apr 18, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
tinks4ever
Imagineer

Mobile August or easter

Is as the title says really would you book last 10days August or 10 days Easter?
staying off site 08 1st trip

POR, 08, 09, 10,12
OKW 2013,2017
CBR 2016
tinks4ever is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 18, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
steandtrish
Imagineer

steandtrish's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16
We've done both. I remember Easter as being busy but the weather is great, particularly if Easter is later.

It usually rains in August - a heavy afternoon shower every day although when we went in August a few years ago we hardly got any rain. People say the rain clears the air and isn't a problem if you schedule appropriately. It's hot & humid as well, busy in the first 2 weeks then relatively quieter when the American schools go back.

We are going in August in 2019 because of school holidays but if given a completely free choice would pick May or early October.
Old 30 Apr 18, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Belle1989
Serious Dibber

I think late August is quieter as the US schools have gone back, although the weather will be more humid and there is a daily downpour mid-afternoon. If you are looking to do the free dining offer Easter is usually not available, if that helps your decision?
WDW 'Once in a Lifetime trip' - July 2017 -- OKW DLP - July 2018 -- Hotel Cheyenne WDW POR Royal Guest Room -- May 2019 WDW POFQ -- Christmas & New Year 2022 WDW Contemporay Resort & POFQ -- Christmas & New Year 2023
Belle1989 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 18, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

If onsite then August for free dining. Off site then I would chose easter as prefer the weather.
1992: Days Inn Lakeside 1994:HOliday inn Maingate East 2006:Pop Century 2008:Saratoga Villas 2010:Regal oaks 2013:Indian Ridge Villa 2015:BA Club,Disney,POR,Villa, RPR,2016 United business, Sunset Ridge villa 2019: Virgin, 4 Corners Villa 2023: CSR & 4 Corners Villa again!
ELLENUT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 18, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Easter is a nightmare complete nightmare huge crowds even the I4 was jammed... definitely august for me.

However if you aren't going to the theme parks or Orlando then definitely Easter as the weather was great.

Old 30 Apr 18, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
missdopey
Imagineer

This year and last year we’ve done/doing easter and August. Weather is perfect at easter but crowds are awful. Weather is abit to hot with heavy showers in August but the crowds are better.

ASMo, ASMu x4, SSR x2, BLT x 4, CSR, POLY, AKL x 4, BC x 4, BWV, CC, OKW
DVC MEMBER - BLT & SSR
missdopey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 18, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
disneygiraffe
First POST

Also trying to decide between Easter and the end of August for our first trip next summer! As a teacher I am restricted to school hols.

Had assumed free dining would not be available for Easter so had decided on August but once dates were released for next year, it turns out we could get free dining during our Easter dates so now confused...

Can't decide if it is better to have the good weather but more crowds or less crowded but very humid! I keep changing my mind day to day!
disneygiraffe is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 18, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyTillIDie
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

I think it depends on if spring break and Uk Easter holidays co-incide. I would avoid spring break time at all costs. We went Easter 2016 we went a week after Easter. It was busy but manageable and was getting quieter the further we got from Easter. The weather was perfect, (except out first day - torrential rain all day!) nice and hot without being overwhelming
DisneyTillIDie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 18, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
For me always Easter for the weather.
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 18, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

I love Easter and actually only once have we found the crowds too much (IOA)
We’ve been twice at Easter (2011 and 2015) and it was perfect.
August can be hit and miss so I’m currently torn too! It’s a reasonably expensive holiday to be rained on! We were there during Hermine and it did get a bit annoying if I’m honest

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List