Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 11 May 18, 05:21 AM  
Link to this Post
boarder4life
Excited about Disney

Quiet Main Street Photos

Good Morning All

We are staying off site and visiting disney last week of november, first week of december 15 days.

I've noticed extra morning magic events and ticketed breakfasts.

What would be the best way to get some nice family photos on main street. I know its a very touch thing with all the different events and early morning openings etc.

I just want some advice or someone with experience to help me get some nice pictures of little boy without the crowds.

Any help much appreciated.
boarder4life is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 18, 06:37 AM  
Link to this Post
jarralisa
Helping Minnie

Mobile

We have an 8.05 breakfast at BOG, We are hoping to be there for park opening (correct me if i’m Wrong people but I think 8am is the earliest breakfast reservation for MK?)
jarralisa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 18, 06:53 AM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

We had an 8am BOG breakfast on a day park opening was at 9am. We were definitely on a mission to get in early but somehow we were running late and arrived at MK at 7.35am so there were quite a few in front of us already. Not sure how it happened and we certainly didn't push but we ended up as the first family on Main Street. We got to the castle first and had some lovely photos with nobody else there. I think we were lucky though. The thing I regret though was not taking in all of Main Street as we were walking down it towards the castle.
fizzypop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 18, 07:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Adultdisneyfan
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We did an early one at Crystal Palace one year. The Disney photographer in front of the castle was just setting up so we got a few photos with no one else around. Was fab and a great experience
Adultdisneyfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 18, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Everyone gets in to Main St at 7.45am now so you’ll be lucky to get an empty Main St. All you can do is hope to be at the front of the queue.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 18, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
boarder4life
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I can understand in terms of a business view letting people in to shop and spend money.

I was hoping the morning magic hour would limit the people getting into the park allowing for some quiet Main Street photos.

I’m glad I haven’t parted with my money as I would have been seriously annoyed seeing lots of people for something I would have paid for a perk that seems a little expensive for 3 rides.

I think it will be a struggle getting some good pictures from the replies.
boarder4life is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 18, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by boarder4life View Post
I can understand in terms of a business view letting people in to shop and spend money.

I was hoping the morning magic hour would limit the people getting into the park allowing for some quiet Main Street photos.

I’m glad I haven’t parted with my money as I would have been seriously annoyed seeing lots of people for something I would have paid for a perk that seems a little expensive for 3 rides.

I think it will be a struggle getting some good pictures from the replies.
It used to be something you could pretty much guarantee with a Crystal Palace pre park opening breakfast but not now. Main St usually has people milling about trying to get their own photos. I’m not saying don’t try, just be aware it might not be possible.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 18, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Scotscraig
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Scotscraig's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by boarder4life View Post
The main reason you get into Main Steet is due to the security risk outside. Too many people were arriving to an unsecured location and being rushed through bag check. This is also why you are now bag checked at TTC or other resorts.

They do limit the number of people into the rest of the park during EMH.
Food trip report Oct 2017 with DDP
Food trip report Oct 2018 with DDP

DL 1995, WDW 1998, 2001, Sheraton Vistana Villages 2012, Sheraton Vistana Resort 2014, HRH/WL 2015, WL 2016, AKL 2017, SSR 2018, Newport Bay DLP 2019, Sheraton Vistana Resort 2019
Scotscraig is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 18, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeyismybff
Excited about Disney

Good advice already about Main Street itself so I won’t duplicate.

Something else to consider is the hub grass by the fountain at the end of Main Street - particularly the one on your right as the one on the left often has a photo pass photographer.

There are actually people in the hub but not many stopping in the grass until later, so it gives a castle shot with the impression of an empty park. This was actually 10am on a Saturday with gorgeous weather and Mickey’s birthday and Dapper Day... so actually it was really busy, but the grass was still empty. Helps to shoot sitting as well so the angle minimises people walking past in the hub. And a bit of patience.

mickeyismybff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 18, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
boarder4life
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by mickeyismybff View Post
Good advice already about Main Street itself so I won’t duplicate.

Something else to consider is the hub grass by the fountain at the end of Main Street - particularly the one on your right as the one on the left often has a photo pass photographer.

There are actually people in the hub but not many stopping in the grass until later, so it gives a castle shot with the impression of an empty park. This was actually 10am on a Saturday with gorgeous weather and Mickey’s birthday and Dapper Day... so actually it was really busy, but the grass was still empty. Helps to shoot sitting as well so the angle minimises people walking past in the hub. And a bit of patience.

Thank you for the tip, that’s a cracking picture.

That is a realistic option and gives me hope of getting a nice one of him near the castle. Thanks for your help