Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 5 Oct 14, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by christybell View Post
... I would have a 7 seater people carrier over a 7 seater SUV any day of the week, purely for convenience...
Agreed, for space the 7 seater minivan beats the 7 seat Tahoe and the back seats are suitable for adults. Bigger boot with 7 seats in place as well

Originally Posted by louli View Post
... If u want more space, get a Suburban which is the same car as the Tahoe but 20 inches longer in the back

Size is Everything, apparently
But if you def want a big SUV the Suburban would be better for you
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 14, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
68nic
Imagineer

We were thinking of a Suburban, but they are nearly double to price , maybe have to think about booking a 7 seater minivan, seem so boring to an suv though.
68nic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 14, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by 68nic View Post
We were thinking of a Suburban, but they are nearly double to price , maybe have to think about booking a 7 seater minivan, seem so boring to an suv though.
Go for the Tahoe it's much better than a 7seater people carrier.
Old 6 Oct 14, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Mikeyj1973
Trying for More Ears

Im hoping the Tahoe will be big enough for us a family of five flying out a week today..im sure it will be ok.
Old 6 Oct 14, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mikeyj1973 View Post
Im hoping the Tahoe will be big enough for us a family of five flying out a week today..im sure it will be ok.
Plenty big enough for a family of 5.

Do what we did and take the back seats out to get a bigger boot. Helps if you've got somewhere to store them mind.
Old 6 Oct 14, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
68nic
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mikeyj1973 View Post
Hi Let me know what you think of it when the time comes. Have a great time
68nic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 14, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Klingon911
Excited about Disney

Next Easter we are a group of 5 adults and one child. Spent quite a while researching wether we would be better served by a minivan; Chrysler Town and Country or an SUV; Chevy Tahoe.

My father and I studied the Tahoe at the end of Test Track at Epcot and collectively decided that the back row would not fit adults comfortably. I'm 6'2 and an average build and found it incredibly uncomfortable. No leg room whatsoever and the chairs are almost on the floor so my knees were up high.

When we returned our car to MCO we had a look at the Town and Country; plenty of room on the back row and easier to get in and out of.

No surprise that we booked a minivan :-)
Old 8 Oct 14, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
68nic
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Klingon911 View Post
Next Easter we are a group of 5 adults and one child. Spent quite a while researching wether we would be better served by a minivan; Chrysler Town and Country or an SUV; Chevy Tahoe.

My father and I studied the Tahoe at the end of Test Track at Epcot and collectively decided that the back row would not fit adults comfortably. I'm 6'2 and an average build and found it incredibly uncomfortable. No leg room whatsoever and the chairs are almost on the floor so my knees were up high.

When we returned our car to MCO we had a look at the Town and Country; plenty of room on the back row and easier to get in and out of.

No surprise that we booked a minivan :-)
Hi you've talked me into getting a minivan, thank you. Which hire company did you book your minivan with
Old 9 Oct 14, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Dilovesflorida
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by magic moments View Post
We had one of these last year. Amazing car but very small boot space for luggage with 6 of you travelling.
I agree, we had one in 2013, 4 adults. We had four large suitcases going and these fit with back row of seats down and managed to squeeze in another bag for the return. Don't think it would have been big enough for another adult and child.
Old 9 Oct 14, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Klingon911
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by 68nic View Post
Hi you've talked me into getting a minivan, thank you. Which hire company did you book your minivan with
Alamo Brits - £518 for 23 nights. Will check Alamo Brits and Virgin Alamo every so often to see if I can get it cheaper