Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 10 Oct 14, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
kennycapes
Very Serious Dibber

Alamo Save time, extras

All, we arrived yesterday and i had my bar code so i went straight off and got my car (this is my first trip) When i went to leave she took the barcode thing and my driving license and my credit card.

In the mayhem of 2 excited kids im sure i over heard the lady as i left say "just remember to bring it back empty"

I hadn't deliberately bought a tank of fuel but if i have done save time and pre paid everything and got my bar code paper work can they still add extras at the exit gate?

i got no extra paper work back and i was not asked to sign anything so ive not been shown anything about additional costs.

Any thoughts?
a little worried now i'm going to have loads put on my credit card.
kennycapes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 14, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
gavdon
slightly serious Dibber

I would give them a call to clear things up or pop into an office.
We prepaid fuel online with Savetime & received our rental agreement at the gate. On this agreement it lists any extras you've paid for.
Hope you get it sorted.
gavdon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 14, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
kennycapes
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by gavdon View Post
I would give them a call to clear things up or pop into an office.
We prepaid fuel online with Savetime & received our rental agreement at the gate. On this agreement it lists any extras you've paid for.
Hope you get it sorted.
i didnt even recall seeing a rental agreement in all the rush i seemed to be under.

just read it and it says i wanted a fuel service at est $77. That seems high for our SUV or is that ok?

We have a Dodge Journey
kennycapes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 14, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
gavdon
slightly serious Dibber

We had a full size car & the fuel was just over $50(not including tax), so I would think your price is correct.
When you return the car, you'll get a receipt with the fuel cost+a fee(10%)+tax(6.5%). This should match the figure on your agreement.
gavdon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 14, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
helbel84
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Can you log on to the website and check what you have paid for?
helbel84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 14, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Greyfriars
Imagineer

$77 is about right for the Dodge, we had one in May and the fuel cost was about the same.. You must have inadvertently ticked the prepay option on Savetime. I wouldn't worry about it. The trip computer on the Journey tells you how many miles you have left in the tank so it's easy to take back empty. The journey only gets about 18 to the gallon, so it needs a big tank.

The total fuel charge shown includes all taxes so that is all that should be on your return slip.
Old 10 Oct 14, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
sotagals
Imagineer

I always get the fuel added on - Alamo don't rip you off over the price and it saves messing about filling up again on your last day. I would worry I hadn't filled it up full enough and they would charge me for that.

Don't worry about it and enjoy your holiday
sotagals is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 14, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kennycapes View Post
All, we arrived yesterday and i had my bar code so i went straight off and got my car (this is my first trip) When i went to leave she took the barcode thing and my driving license and my credit card.

In the mayhem of 2 excited kids im sure i over heard the lady as i left say "just remember to bring it back empty"

I hadn't deliberately bought a tank of fuel but if i have done save time and pre paid everything and got my bar code paper work can they still add extras at the exit gate?

i got no extra paper work back and i was not asked to sign anything so ive not been shown anything about additional costs.

Any thoughts?
a little worried now i'm going to have loads put on my credit card.
Surly you must have received a rental agreement? You need this as you must carry this with you in the car at all times.
e have always received this and an invoice that we always ensure is zero.
tspill is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 14, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
Surly you must have received a rental agreement? You need this as you must carry this with you in the car at all times.
e have always received this and an invoice that we always ensure is zero.
Read post 2 by kennycapes
Old 13 Oct 14, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread