Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 12 Oct 14, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
ambergambler
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
We have been the last 2 years onsite without a car. First year we stayed one night at RPR at universal with a taxi both ways. This year we did discovery cove and seaworld by taxi.

Both years I booked a shopping tour with Florida Dolphin Tours. Full day, we went to walmart, premium outlets and Florida mall. Suited me, first year my mil was there so we both went and last year I did it by myself while ds and dh stayed at Disney.
That sound perfect for the shopping . Did you book before you went or whilst there? Want to have a look just to be nosey really, so doing all the big names in one go would be great.
ambergambler is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 14, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by ambergambler View Post
That sound perfect for the shopping . Did you book before you went or whilst there? Want to have a look just to be nosey really, so doing all the big names in one go would be great.
I booked before I went, they run on a Friday and it was something like $35. You got maybe 2 hours in Walmart then a stop for brunch which was ok. Then a couple of hours at the premium outlets then I think 3 hours at Florida mall. The pick up and drop off was downtown Disney. You can keep all your bags on the bus from each stop then struggle to a taxi rank at downtown Disney with your many purchases to get back to your hotel.
I did it on my own so it was excellent for me.
Rescuer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 14, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
next year will be our first year with a car, the past two times we had no car.

you can get a bus from Downtown Disney to Seaworld, its $4.50 pp for all day return. (be sure to have the correct change) once at Seaworld walk to the end of the carpark and you'll see a phone (its got a discovery cove sign), where you can phone for a free shuttle to take you to discovery cove. its round the corner from Seaworld.

As for Universal, you can get a bus (again from Downtown Disney), but you have to change over somewhere, it can be a hassle but its cheap. It wont get you their on time for a early bird entry if you have one. first year I spent $50 for a private car one way from VH, the next time it was $9 pp each way with a Mears shuttle, way cheaper, easy to arrange 24 hours before and can get you their for whenever you want.

if you want to look into buses you can find a bus service map which will show you all the routes each bus take, again very cheap but can can take a bit longer to get their but not by much
Old 12 Oct 14, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread