Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 1 Nov 16, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
Never heard of this before but I'd be more concerned of children being tricked into going into a house, your DD was with a adult, but some might not have been. Completely wrong imo.. If they don't believe in Halloween they should have shut the curtains and not answered the door.

We didn't have too many kids round, but there aren't many young ones on our estate now , local teens have been causing trouble though throwing eggs in the village and at cars, apparently its fun at Halloween morons !
They weren't asked to go into the house and the young woman was perfectly polite to them. My DD didn't even read the leaflet but was abit annoyed to be given it. I read it and was shocked at the language used. A sensitive child could be very upset by what was written.

My 13 year old was highly amused by it and brought it to her Catholic School today to show her form teacher.
Old 1 Nov 16, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
stitcher3000
Imagineer

stitcher3000's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

We had 150+ that we handed out sweets to within an hr and a half till we ran out of sweets so we switched off the light and put a note on the door to that effect and still they banged on the door. We only go up and down our street so DS ended up with around 8 sweets bless him but he was happy. It seems as though the kids go around most of the estate (it is big) these days going on the hauls in their sweet buckets but what really annoyed me was the trick or treat tourists that are turning up in their cars filled with kids! Word has obviously got out that our Rd is a good one to hit. Bit mad about this tbh. It seems it's no longer just the Rd you live on but anywhere is fair game, it's making me feel repulsed tbh with the greed. I've always thought that was an odd thing to say but after last yr and this yr I get it.
stitcher3000 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 16, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
They weren't asked to go into the house and the young woman was perfectly polite to them. My DD didn't even read the leaflet but was abit annoyed to be given it. I read it and was shocked at the language used. A sensitive child could be very upset by what was written.

My 13 year old was highly amused by it and brought it to her Catholic School today to show her form teacher.
Yes she was perfectly polite to the children, that's called passive aggressive. Out of order in my opinion.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 16, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

there was a halloweeny thread in here last year and we had a good balance of people who hide behind the couch and park the car a mile away and nutters like me who go all out - but one poster put in links to religious sites and how it was a pagan, even devil worshiping festival!

Well its had no detrimental effects on me

nataS evoL I

2024 Early Booker Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 16, 01:46 AM  
Link to this Post
wikkle jan
Imagineer

wikkle jan's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
WOW WOW

To lots of the decorations that people have done to their homes...

We had about 75 which is more than I had planned for We love having the children come round (ours have now grown up and we have 1 Granddaughter )...

Last year I got some Halloween bags of Ebay and filled them with goodies to give out... So this year I ordered some more and then only to see some flat pack coffins (you have to bend them into shape) and so I decided this would be a good idea, well I also got some Halloween stickers and filled the coffins and put stickers on them and wow they looked GREAT... I got 30 and thought this might be just about enough and remember I still brought the spooky bags... Well had about 75 kids turn up so was trying to fill the bags up as fast as we could..
The kids LOVED the coffins so I was really happy and it was worth all the folding and filling...
wikkle jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 16, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by wikkle jan View Post
WOW WOW

To lots of the decorations that people have done to their homes...

We had about 75 which is more than I had planned for We love having the children come round (ours have now grown up and we have 1 Granddaughter )...

Last year I got some Halloween bags of Ebay and filled them with goodies to give out... So this year I ordered some more and then only to see some flat pack coffins (you have to bend them into shape) and so I decided this would be a good idea, well I also got some Halloween stickers and filled the coffins and put stickers on them and wow they looked GREAT... I got 30 and thought this might be just about enough and remember I still brought the spooky bags... Well had about 75 kids turn up so was trying to fill the bags up as fast as we could..
The kids LOVED the coffins so I was really happy and it was worth all the folding and filling...

pictures pictures we love pictures!

great idea

2024 Early Booker Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 16, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FairyNuff View Post
The little sh er tykes have to get past the barbed wire and spotlights... then in my sniper tower I can pick them off one by one...
This made me chuckle. We don't answer the door, not into the begging mentality... in a few days it'll be Penny for the Guy, another night the door goes unanswered. We answered the door one year and it was a huge mistake, nobody dressed up, just begging kids with open hands followed by older begging teens knock, knock, knocking...
ChrisS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 16, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
wikkle jan
Imagineer

wikkle jan's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by papamouse View Post
pictures pictures we love pictures!

great idea

Thank you... Sorry no pictures as I'm a technophobic so don't know how to put them on here... BUT also I didn't take any..

Maybe next year..
wikkle jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 16, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 16, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Tommyrockett
Getting Excited

Mobile

Bit late as halloween been and gone but all I've done is moan about my neighbours that live oppersit me saturday they were having a party they have 2 kids so they come to my house on saturday i say your early and they say we having a party tonight so i give them £1 each 15 minutes later they knock again the little girls says ive brought my friend lol so i give her some chocolate think they were hoping for more money so my night consisted of been up and down like a yo-yo every child at that party came knocking and i gave them something unit just gone 10 i had had enough so told them i didnt have anything left makes me wonder why the parents would let them be knocking at that time of night
So on monday i was stocked with sweets and had had few Haloweeners they is quiet a few children round where we live the so the neigbours oppersit whos kids had been banging all satuday night didnt open the door once to any of the kids knocking and kept the lights off till gone 9 some people eh 🤔
Tommyrockett is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread