Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21 May 17, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
oh_darling
VIP Dibber

Ben and Libby's Happily Ever After - The Wedding Day (Part 3)

Day 4 - Wednesday 19th October 2016

The Wedding Day (Part 3)

Urgh you guys, Photobucket is being sooooo annoying! I honestly have no idea what’s happened to my photos, lots of other Dibbers are having the same issue on their trippies and we’ve emailed PB but they are so unhelpful So for now I’m going to try uploading my photos onto Flickr and see how that goes. It will take me waayyyyyy too long to transfer all my old trippies onto Flickr though so that’s not really a solution, so not really sure what I’m going to do! Anyway, I really want to get my trippie done before I forget everything haha so hopefully using Flickr from now on will be a good alternative.

So, you left us about halfway through the ceremony. Lets see what happened next…

After the crazy emotion of our vows, we had a minute to compose ourselves. It honestly was so emotional, looking at the video I just don’t know if there was a dry eye in the whole house!

Ashley said she struggled to keep it together, and Trinity said it was one of the most emotional ceremonies they'd seen.

Once we’d composed ourselves the teeniest bit, it was time for the first of our two readings from our friend Joe. He is one of our oldest friends and it was so special to have him do a reading for us He read a piece called ‘I’ll be there for you.’

I’ll Be There For You, by Louise Cuddon

I'll be there, my darling, through thick and through thin
When your mind's in a mess and your head's in a spin
When your plane's been delayed, and you've missed the last train.
When life is just threatening to drive you insane
When your thrilling whodunit has lost its last page
When somebody tells you, you're looking your age
When your coffee's too cool, and your wine is too warm
When the forecast said, "Fine," but you're out in a storm
When your quick break hotel turns into a slum
And your holiday photos show only your thumb
When the food you most like brings you out in red rashes
When as soon as you boot up the bloody thing crashes
When the jeans that you bought in hope or in haste
Just stick on your hips and don't reach round your waist
When you gaze at the stars, and step on a nail
When you know you'll succeed, but, somehow, you fail.

So my darling, my sweetheart, my beloved, my dear…

When you spill your beer, when you shed a tear
When you burn the toast, when you miss the post
When you lose the plot, when I'm all you've got
When you're last in the queue, don't feel blue
'cause I'm telling you, I'll be there for you.

How cute is that I looked at soooooooo many readings and just couldn’t find any that summed up our relationship perfectly. I originally chose a Harry Potter reading for our other one, so I wanted something quite light-hearted for Joe and this was perfect Even better was the fact that Joe sung the last line a la the Friends theme tune - Friends is my favourite TV show ever ever ever and it hadn’t even occured to me that this poem was so similar! He’d checked with Ben first and Ben told him to go for it haha!

Next up was my brother Jon’s reading. Now this was originally going to be a Harry Potter reading about love which I searched and searched for and it wasn’t mega about love but I just love this quote from the books and I felt after much searching that it was actually perfect. I’ll share it here just in case anyone is looking for a HP wedding quote haha!

An excerpt from Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Dumbledore considered Voldemort over the top of his goblet for a while before speaking.

“Yes, I certainly do know that you have seen and done much since leaving us.’ he said quietly. ‘Rumours of your doings have reached your old school, Tom. I should be sorry to believe half of them.’

Voldemort’s expression remained impassive as he said, ‘Greatness inspires envy, envy engenders spite, spite spawns lies. You must know this, Dumbledore.’

‘You call it “greatness”, what you have been doing, do you?’ asked Dumbledore delicately.

‘Certainly,’ said Voldemort, and his eyes seemed to burn red. ‘I have experimented; I have pushed the boundaries of magic further, perhaps, than they have ever been pushed –’

“Of some kinds of magic,’ Dumbledore corrected him quietly. ‘Of some. Of others, you remain…forgive me…woefully ignorant.’

For the first time, Voldemort smiled. It was a taut leer, an evil thing, more threatening than a look of rage.

‘The old argument,’ he said softly. ‘But nothing I have seen in the world has supported your famous pronouncements that love is more powerful than my kind of magic, Dumbledore.’

‘Perhaps you have been looking in the wrong places,” suggested Dumbledore.

But, a month or so before the wedding, my brother informed us that he’d written a reading for us! We were blown away, how thoughtful! We had no idea what it was though! Well, when we heard it….

See for yourselves!

Love is a Philosopher’s Stone,
Keeping us innocent and free throughout our years.
Now is the time,
to let it go,
as Akuna Matata and the Bare Necessities become your guide.

Love is a Chamber of Secrets,
Only revealing its true nature to those daring enough to open it.
When you wish upon a star,
in magic you will trust
All it takes is faith, love and pixie dust.

Love is the Order of the Phoenix,
Rising from the ashes when life’s spark seems all but lost.
Somewhere over the rainbow it soars,
Here the spark never waivers,
as there’s no place like home.

Love is a Prisoner of Azkaban,
Where the innocent and true are unbound by those around them.
Where the Bells of Notre Dam will ring for every Un-birthday to come,
And from here to Neverland,
everyone hails to pumpkin song.

Love is a Goblet of Fire,
Calling upon us to perform feats of bravery and enter the unknown.
With a bibbidi bobbidi boo and a spoonful of sugar,
Whatever’s in your path
Just keep swimming,

Love is a Half Blood Prince,
Overcoming life’s conflicts with unending commitment and devotion.
You’ll count the Dalmatians, you’ll feed the birds,
Follow Basil into adventure
and discover,
You are a toy!

Love is a Deathly Hallow,
passed down from generation to generation,
Ensuring once upon a dream,
can always lead to happily ever after.

So be our guest, climb aboard the spirit of adventure,
Past the Island of Na Boom Boo
And through the Little April Showers,
With a chim chimmeny chim chim cherieee,
You’re both as lucky,
As lucky can be

Second star to the right and Straight on till morning
To infinity and beyond,
It’s not gonna be boring!

Now It’s time for me to go
Just one last piece of advice,
Your new life is waiting
And as I’m sure we all know….
Life is always better,
down where it’s wetter,
under the sea.

Pretty awesome, huh! Literally blubbed. He combined my two loves so so cleverly! Totes emosh.

I love this pic of Vic juggling aaaaalllll the floral!

Deathly Hallows ringbox <3

And then it was time for our Unity Candle ceremony. I was a bit nervous for this because our rehearsal had been so intense! Also, the Mum’s had massive issues lighting their candles when they walked in! Obviously we had no idea til they told us later but we can see on the video of the ceremony bless them, they kept blowing out it was so weird! Some kind of phantom breeze in the pav! Luckily though, ours went smoothly And we didn’t even really have to do all the moves that Lisa had briefed us on the previous day, apart from me going round so Ben wasn’t anywhere near my dress with the candle, we just winged it! And it was great. For this section of the ceremony we had Queen - You’re My Best Friend playing My favourite band ever, it was so cute!

‘I’ve been with you such a long time, you’re my sunshine’ <3

Then it was time for the rings and the final vows. Eeeekk! JAson had our rings in my beautiful Harry Potter ‘Always’ ring box, and Rev Tim said some lovely words while we put the rings on each other.

And then...we were MARRIED and it was time to kiss! Yay!

We did, if I do say so myself, a very nice kiss - and held it as instructed by our media team!

Then we giggled…

Oh my goodness, we did it! Victoria handed me my bouquet, and Rev Tim announced us as husband and wife to our family and friends. We walked back down the aisle together hand in hand to the sounds of ‘There’s a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow’ from the Carousel of Progress.

Then everyone else filed out too!

Edited at 04:36 PM.
oh_darling is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List