Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Nov 19, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
neatfrk
Imagineer

Yes, its the decent thing to do.

Put yourself in the shoes of the excited people who bought your house...the folks that are looking forward to moving in and starting a life in the home.

It's good mojo.
neatfrk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Mobile

Our buyers were difficult, and admittedly I sat into the floor and cried the day we moved out due to the stress of it , but I cleaned the house thoroughly and they thanked me for leaving it so immaculate.
The house we moved into was clean as well .
When my old house went up for sale the sale pics showed it had been trashed 😮
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We cleaned ours from top to bottom, even hoovering the garage but the one we moved into was a tip! They left a note saying sorry we didn’t have time to clean the oven but here’s £20 to get a takeaway tonight! We had to pay £90 to get the oven professionally cleaned and it took them hours, they said it was the worst they had seen... I didn’t realise they meant they hadn’t had time to clean the cooker ever! There was even tea spilt down the bedroom wall!
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by danisleigh View Post
We cleaned ours from top to bottom, even hoovering the garage but the one we moved into was a tip! They left a note saying sorry we didn’t have time to clean the oven but here’s £20 to get a takeaway tonight! We had to pay £90 to get the oven professionally cleaned and it took them hours, they said it was the worst they had seen... I didn’t realise they meant they hadn’t had time to clean the cooker ever! There was even tea spilt down the bedroom wall!
Now that is cheeky!
Some people are shameless
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Clean it!
DS moved into the house that was black with dirt and stank of wee. There was an old cot mattress in the airing cupboard that was rot. The girl was seething that she sold it at below value and tried to take it off the market but the Agents were having none of it. She just left it a muck heap, took us days to clean it
Old 11 Nov 19, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Greyfriars
Imagineer

Originally Posted by danisleigh View Post
My daughter and her husband moved recently. The place was so bad that they had to take all the carpets to the tip and disinfect the floors. She had also covered all the flaws on the walls when they did the viewing.
Old 11 Nov 19, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

I cleaned our place thoroughly on moving out... much more so than I ever did for us when living there!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JAF View Post
Depends if you want to stoop to their level. I would still leave the house clean as would not want to give them any chance to moan about the state it was left in to friends, family or neighbours.
Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
I would leave the house immaculate even though they have been a pain in the butt. I wouldn’t want to think I was grubby.
We were the same, we decided to be the bigger people and I cleaned everywhere including inside window frames and top of the kitchen units We also touched up the tiniest nick in the paintwork or walls.
I even got a cheap welcome to your new home card and left some flowers in a vase I didn't want. It made no difference, if anything they appeared to think it was to cover up something but I can hold my head up and honestly say that the house was spotless

Originally Posted by sam7 View Post
When I moved 6 months ago I was lucky that our removal company came the day before to part load and ended up taking everything apart from the sofa, tv and bed, so we were able to give our old house a really good clean. No way did they have any reason to say anything to my old neighbours about the state of my house. Luckily for me the people I bought from were lovely and had cleaned their house before leaving it. My daughter then moved 2 weeks later and her new house was bought off an older couple who liked to surround themselves with stuff, so it needed a mega clean.
Both of your experiences mirror mine. I cried when we got the keys for this house I did appreciate that they were elderly but their daughter was supposed to be helping and there was no way I would have left my dads house in the state this was in. Nearly 4 weeks later and most of it is clean, and I'm no domestic goddess but if we are out all day the smell is still there, guess it won't go until we decorate and change the carpets.
Old 11 Nov 19, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
CrochetFreak
Helping Minnie

Yes, its a matter of pride etc. Also where sofa and other furniture has been there could be dust and fluff under them. Can you get your cleaner to come in once all your furniture is removed? I also make sure the oven, fridge etc are all reasonably clean. I know you say they have been difficult etc but …. are you wanting to be spiteful back? Just make sure the house is clean enough they can have furniture etc moved in without telling the movers to hang on while they vacuum etc
CrochetFreak is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Lell
Imagineer

Lell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
When we have moved, I have hoovered, dusted, washed floors and kitchen cabinets. I wouldn’t spend money on a deep clean.
My son bought a house in May and I have never seen such a disgusting house. I don’t think it had been cleaned in years. Thankfully he replastered and ripped up all the flooring as I don’t think it would ever have felt clean. They even left his bin with several inches of dog waste in it (not in bags)!
DLP (Disney Explorers) Sep 2004, DLP (Sequoia Lodge) Sep 2007, Disney CSR/Universal RPR Oct 2010, Disney AKL Oct 2012, Doubletree by Hilton at Seaworld Oct 2014, West Coast Road Trip 2017, Florida Road Trip 2018, West Coast Road Trip 2019, East Coast/Canada Road trip 2022, National Parks Road Trip 2023
Lell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List