Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 25 Apr 20, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Zumbasu
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile Hotels and shuttles

Hi all, I don’t think l can afford to stay onsite so was thinking International Drive. Which are best hotels with regular shuttles to Disney parks( not universal) please. When we went previously we stayed in Kissimmee with only 3 shuttles a day. This time going with a 5/6 year old (depending on when I can save) that amount of shuttles won’t be enough.
Thanks in advance
Zumbasu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 20, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Tbh i would use Ubers/lyft as timings can suit you and you are only travelling with one stranger rathan than many crammed on a bus. But at the moment if we were to go would hire a car.
Old 25 Apr 20, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Zumbasu
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
Tbh i would use Ubers/lyft as timings can suit you and you are only travelling with one stranger rathan than many crammed on a bus. But at the moment if we were to go would hire a car.
Thank you for your reply. It’s only me and my little one as my eldest won’t want to go and I don’t drive.
Are Uber’s reasonable as I’ll be on a tight budget.
I was thinking I drive as I could get food from shops to prepare in hotel if we can get hotel with small kitchen.
Zumbasu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 20, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Mobile

If you sign up to the Uber app you can put in a cost estimate, you do not have to go further than that .
A lot of people use Lyft as well but we had a rubbish experience with them ( they took ages to come and he was not a nice guy ) so we stick with Uber but I do know that could happen with any ride company .
Have a look at trip advisor for some of the hotels and you will see on their website which ones have shuttles .
At the moment from a personal point of view I would book direct with the hotel as this pandemic has shown which ones are a lot more flexible that some consolidators .
Try and pick a refundable flexible hotel if you can .
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 20, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Zumbasu
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
If you sign up to the Uber app you can put in a cost estimate, you do not have to go further than that .
A lot of people use Lyft as well but we had a rubbish experience with them ( they took ages to come and he was not a nice guy ) so we stick with Uber but I do know that could happen with any ride company .
Have a look at trip advisor for some of the hotels and you will see on their website which ones have shuttles .
At the moment from a personal point of view I would book direct with the hotel as this pandemic has shown which ones are a lot more flexible that some consolidators .
Try and pick a refundable flexible hotel if you can .
Thank you. I’m not looking to go until another 2/3 years and I know lots could change in that time l, but I wanted to start to plan so I could have a rough idea.
I will certainly look at booking with hotel now.
Old 25 Apr 20, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Picalily
Imagineer

Picalily's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi, we stay at the Clarion Inn LBV. It has several shuttles to and from Disney but if they are not at times to suit you the Lynx 50 stops outside and takes you to Disney Springs then on to the TTC. Very cheap and reliable. Also has supermarkets and loads of eateries within walking distance including McDonalds, Dennys etc so all reasonably priced. You can also walk to Disney Springs in about 25 mins along a very pleasant pavement. Just to add the rooms come with a microwave and fridge as standard no extra payments.

Edited at 03:27 PM.
Picalily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 20, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Zumbasu
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Picalily View Post
Hi, we stay at the Clarion Inn LBV. It has several shuttles to and from Disney but if they are not at times to suit you the Lynx 50 stops outside and takes you to Disney Springs then on to the TTC. Very cheap and reliable. Also has supermarkets and loads of eateries within walking distance including McDonalds, Dennys etc so all reasonably priced. You can also walk to Disney Springs in about 25 mins along a very pleasant pavement.
Thank you. I’d forgotten about Lake Buena Vista, probably because it didn’t come up on the site I was looking at.
I think I’m nervous because it’ll just be me and my little one.
Old 25 Apr 20, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
KRBarnard
Very Serious Dibber

KRBarnard's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

If you are not going to Universal and are mostly doing Disney, I would look at a hotel closer to Disney. There are plenty that have kitchenette areas and most are close to either a Walmart, Publix or Target for food shopping.

Here is a link to a website that lists "Top 13 Hotels In Orlando with Shuttles". tripster/travelguide...e-service/amp/

The Comfort Suites Maingate East could be a good option for you with two seperate beds and a kitchenette and regular shuttles.
Gateway Inn '97 Radisson Barcelo '99 Quality Inn Plaza '01 Quality Inn Int'l '03 La Quinta Inns&Suites '05 B.W. Movieland '07 Holiday Inn '08 & '09 Indian Creek '10 & '11 Vista Cay '12 Rosen Inn @ Pointe and Miami '13 Vista Cay '13,'14,'15,'16 CBR '16 Tampa, POR & SSR '17 OKW + Vista Cay '18 Windsor Hills '19 Vista Cay'22
KRBarnard is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 20, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Picalily
Imagineer

Picalily's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
HI, the Clarion has a children's play area and pool with splash zone as well, lots of greenery around and feels very safe, we have stayed there 5 or 6 times and much prefer it to I Drive now.
Picalily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 20, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Zumbasu
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by KRBarnard View Post
If you are not going to Universal and are mostly doing Disney, I would look at a hotel closer to Disney. There are plenty that have kitchenette areas and most are close to either a Walmart, Publix or Target for food shopping.

Here is a link to a website that lists "Top 13 Hotels In Orlando with Shuttles". tripster/travelguide...e-service/amp/

The Comfort Suites Maingate East could be a good option for you with two seperate beds and a kitchenette and regular shuttles.
. Thank you. I will look at that.
Stayed at comfort suites before loved it, but there were only 3 shuttles a day which I know will be too much for my little one.
Had a bad experience one day getting a cab back from one of the parks was asking how much and got shoved into it by the boss of the firm.
Plus the noise at night from the activities over the road got a bit too much.