Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 May 20, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
DUNXandWILL
Apprentice Imagineer

So sad today :-(

Hi Dibbers,

Firstly I want to send out hugs and love to everyone who needs it today as I know things are hard but I feel for everyone and know that I'm OK to come on her as I just need to rant in the safety of my Dibb family as I'm feeling a bit emotional today 😪

I'm so frickin angry 😡 today... Our next door neighbours next door lit a fire pit at around 11.30pm last night and it was so warm last night we left our windows opened... I got little to no sleep as they have a yappy dog (I know dogs bark but they NEVER ever deal with the barking! ) and the house now smells like a BBQ restaurant!

Also woke up this morning to cancellation emails from Disney for our adrs and our outbound flight has fallen off our Virgin app 😭😭😭 I mean we knew it was coming but it's just overwhelming me this morning, think it's the no sleep thing that's exacerbated things 😭😭

Sorry for the rant and I'm very aware people are going through a lot worse things than us but just appreciate having this forum to let off steam.

Have a good day Dibbers

Dunx x

Xx

DUNXandWILL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 20, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Mobile

You are allowed a rant!

I would do something physical, jog, YT videos etc, come back have a nap and you will feel better and able to have a nice afternoon.

So something fun, re create your favourite Disney food and all sit round for dinner for example.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 20, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
DUNXandWILL
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by JessBlu View Post
You are allowed a rant!

I would do something physical, jog, YT videos etc, come back have a nap and you will feel better and able to have a nice afternoon.

So something fun, re create your favourite Disney food and all sit round for dinner for example.
Thank you JessBlu,

Some fantastic ideas right there! I appreciate your time and suggestions... Think I will go out for a very quick walk and hopefully walk off the frustrations of the day and think of things I'm grateful for ❤️

Thanks again Dunx x

DUNXandWILL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 20, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl1
VIP Dibber

I totally get it as someone that has lost many hours sleep to a neighbours barking dog. Lack of sleep affects us in so many ways. My poor DH has to put up with some amount of ranting! .

It is even worse when it happens at this time when so many sad things are happening with holidays and kids etc and none of it is under our control. People can be very inconsiderate of others
scottishgirl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 20, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
DUNXandWILL
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by scottishgirl1 View Post
I totally get it as someone that has lost many hours sleep to a neighbours barking dog. Lack of sleep affects us in so many ways. My poor DH has to put up with some amount of ranting! .

It is even worse when it happens at this time when so many sad things are happening with holidays and kids etc and none of it is under our control. People can be very inconsiderate of others
Hi scottishgirl1,

Thank you so much for replying and understanding! We ourselves have a dog! We're lucky enough that he's not a huge barker but if he does start (depending on why) we would correct him directly! I just can't understand why you'd leave your dog barking at any point AND especially past 1am in the morning! Oh believe me my poor DH has already had my wrath this morning... I'll have to apologise for it IF he comes back from his bike ride with our DD! 😂 😂

My angry side of me wanted to go out the back this morning as early as possible and make as much noise as I could but I couldn't bare upsetting the lovely people around us that have done nothing wrong!

Also on top of all this it's my beloved gran's heavenly birthday today... Adds to my emotional state I'm afraid 😭.

Thanks for listening x

Edited at 10:45 AM.
Old 9 May 20, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
missy E
Imagineer

missy E's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Rant away!

Last night there were 2 family units near to me who had their own mini street party.

Family 1
parents plus 1 child.

Family 2
2 adults 3 kids.

Family 1 gradually expanded by having 4 of our neighbours coming over & sitting with them. They were not far enough apart & all sat on their small patch of front grass on chairs

Family 2 were joined by their next door neighbours who sat outside their own house which was ok. But then they were joined by another family & child not neighbours. Music went on & we had to shut our windows in the end it was so loud it echoed down the road. This went on from 4pm till 10pm. Noise was horrendous. Then they started karaoke, shouting & whoop whooping down the mike.

Family 1 went in about half 8. Others with them went in except one who joined the family down the road. No social distancing.

Noise was so bad .

I'm missing my kids DS25 & DD21. One lives in the Netherlands & the other Aberdeen & are so far away.
I want to hug my kids, hug friends, see family & friend.
I want what we all want, normal life.

Lots of people last night celebrated in a safe way.
Some let it all go after a few drinks, not caring, being selfish & making the celebrations all about them with disregard to the safety & comfort of other people.

I'm wondering if in 2 weeks we will have a spike in covid cases due to some of these thoughtless people.

OP I felt really down when I cancelled my cruise in Aug the other day. We transferred to a land holiday a year later. I have a countdown now & something nice to focus on.
Start planning your next holiday on paper. Get excited about the future which will be worth waiting for x
Old 9 May 20, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Mobile

My girlie. How I wish we could turn back time to 2015 right about now xx
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 20, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
DUNXandWILL
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
My girlie. How I wish we could turn back time to 2015 right about now xx
Toots82,

OMFG take us back there right now! I need it! 💙 X

Old 9 May 20, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
DUNXandWILL
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by missy E View Post
Rant away!

Last night there were 2 family units near to me who had their own mini street party.

Family 1
parents plus 1 child.

Family 2
2 adults 3 kids.

Family 1 gradually expanded by having 4 of our neighbours coming over & sitting with them. They were not far enough apart & all sat on their small patch of front grass on chairs

Family 2 were joined by their next door neighbours who sat outside their own house which was ok. But then they were joined by another family & child not neighbours. Music went on & we had to shut our windows in the end it was so loud it echoed down the road. This went on from 4pm till 10pm. Noise was horrendous. Then they started karaoke, shouting & whoop whooping down the mike.

Family 1 went in about half 8. Others with them went in except one who joined the family down the road. No social distancing.

Noise was so bad .

I'm missing my kids DS25 & DD21. One lives in the Netherlands & the other Aberdeen & are so far away.
I want to hug my kids, hug friends, see family & friend.
I want what we all want, normal life.

Lots of people last night celebrated in a safe way.
Some let it all go after a few drinks, not caring, being selfish & making the celebrations all about them with disregard to the safety & comfort of other people.

I'm wondering if in 2 weeks we will have a spike in covid cases due to some of these thoughtless people.

OP I felt really down when I cancelled my cruise in Aug the other day. We transferred to a land holiday a year later. I have a countdown now & something nice to focus on.
Start planning your next holiday on paper. Get excited about the future which will be worth waiting for x
Hi missyE,

Totally agree with you on all counts, I could describe similar incidents that we witnessed yesterday but I really don't have the energy to rant about it right now, people just don't care about anyone but themselves these days... Sad really!

I'm grateful for the fact that I have my DH And our kids right here with us but my parents are in Aberdeen and I haven't seen them since Christmas (was planning to go up on Easter break) but obviously couldn't so that's hurting our hearts 💕 too 😭

You're right, maybe writing down what we'd like to plan for next time would be a good idea for taking my mind off the obviously upsetting stuff today.

Thank you 🙏

Dunx x

Old 9 May 20, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Understand your frustration we too suffer from a yapping dog don’t know who’s it is but it’s certainly not one of the 7 in our tiny street
It goes for hours at a time
Who just who lights a fire pit at that time of night
Oh and folk not sticking to the lock down I’m desperate to hold my new granddaughter born 3 weeks ago but haven’t
Is it too early to break out one of the many dozens of bottles of champagne I got for my birthday this week the courier must have though I was a right alike between them and cases of wine he delivered
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List