Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 May 20, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
DUNXandWILL
Apprentice Imagineer

Went out for a bike ride to blow off some steam... it rained ... I just laughed and carried on ... must've been karma for my rant earlier! :-)

Now cheering myself up by listening to The Wolf on 103.1 on Alexa :-) it's our favourite radio station when we are in Orlando ;-)

Dunx x

DUNXandWILL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 20, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by DUNXandWILL View Post
Hi Dibbers,

Firstly I want to send out hugs and love to everyone who needs it today as I know things are hard but I feel for everyone and know that I'm OK to come on her as I just need to rant in the safety of my Dibb family as I'm feeling a bit emotional today 😪

I'm so frickin angry 😡 today... Our next door neighbours next door lit a fire pit at around 11.30pm last night and it was so warm last night we left our windows opened... I got little to no sleep as they have a yappy dog (I know dogs bark but they NEVER ever deal with the barking! ) and the house now smells like a BBQ restaurant!

Also woke up this morning to cancellation emails from Disney for our adrs and our outbound flight has fallen off our Virgin app 😭😭😭 I mean we knew it was coming but it's just overwhelming me this morning, think it's the no sleep thing that's exacerbated things 😭😭

Sorry for the rant and I'm very aware people are going through a lot worse things than us but just appreciate having this forum to let off steam.

Have a good day Dibbers

Dunx x

Xx
We didn't get a lot of sleep last night either as 8 police officers called to break up a party for VE day about 10 houses down.

Effing and Blinding shouts from the revellers at about midnight as the police basically made them disperse.

Some got really angry and so where given some nice new bracelets and a lift from the police to help them leave.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 20, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

I’m having a bit of a down day today. Absolutely NOT helped by the neighbours dog.

I love dogs, love them. But I won’t be sad when this dog isn’t here anymore. The owners need shooting! I do not understand just letting your happy animal just stand and shout in the garden for all hours!

Glad you’re feeling a bit better
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 20, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
skinnybaby
Apprentice Imagineer

Wow what is wrong with people lately. Must have been something in the air last night. It was SO hot last night we had the windows open and for some reason the neighbours at the back of us decided 11pm was a great time to let the kids out to play on the garden! Shouting and screaming, parents shouting to kids, I mean what the hell?
We are key workers and although I didnt need to go to work this morning my partner did and starts at 6am
He said if they carry on we're letting the dog out ( he would go nuts hearing that noise in the middle of the night and would make a damn sight more noise) but it's not fair on the other neighbours that live around us. Partner slammed the window shut and was asleep in minutes, I could still hear them for about another hour.
skinnybaby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 20, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by skinnybaby View Post
Wow what is wrong with people lately. Must have been something in the air last night. It was SO hot last night we had the windows open and for some reason the neighbours at the back of us decided 11pm was a great time to let the kids out to play on the garden! Shouting and screaming, parents shouting to kids, I mean what the hell?
We are key workers and although I didnt need to go to work this morning my partner did and starts at 6am
He said if they carry on we're letting the dog out ( he would go nuts hearing that noise in the middle of the night and would make a damn sight more noise) but it's not fair on the other neighbours that live around us. Partner slammed the window shut and was asleep in minutes, I could still hear them for about another hour.
It is always difficult when your neighbours (or anyone) don't respect your need for some quiet.

I suppose we have to expect a little give and take here though, as a nation we've deprived most people of their natural daily rhythm so it's perhaps inevitable that their usual body clock is out of kilter.

I do have to add one personal peeve though. I'm getting tired of this new class structure we have introduced into the UK since lockdown. It only has two classes the key-workers and the non-key.

Every post on here seems to try to justify why they should get what they want with the immortal line "we are key-workers ... ", imagine how that would go do in a pre-covid world "our neighbors should go to bed earlier, after all we are upper middle class ..."
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 20, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
DUNXandWILL
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
I’m having a bit of a down day today. Absolutely NOT helped by the neighbours dog.

I love dogs, love them. But I won’t be sad when this dog isn’t here anymore. The owners need shooting! I do not understand just letting your happy animal just stand and shout in the garden for all hours!

Glad you’re feeling a bit better
Hi Scaramouche,

I LOVE dogs too, absolutely adore them but I feel the same! I just don't get how people are capable of letting their dogs do this with complete disregard or respect for other people, it's absolutely infuriating!

Thank you for reading and responding :-)

Dunx x

DUNXandWILL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 20, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
DUNXandWILL
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by skinnybaby View Post
Oh skinnybaby,

That sounds just terrible and considering the current situation you'd think that would be considerate and respectful of others and try to always think before they act, but society these days (sorry if i sound like a grumpy old git) they just don't care about ANYONE but themselves! it's terrifying and sad to see all at once! I really thought this situation would pull people together but it's more a case of 'I'm ok so don't care about anyone else'

I don't know what you and your partner do, but thank you for being key workers and doing what you do, much appreciated!

My DH is like your partner and could sleep through a nuclear holocaust but i'm such a light sleeper, I could hear a mouse fart in Fife when i'm trying to get to sleep!

Thanks for reading and responding, hope you've caught up on your sleep since ;-)

Dunx x