Notices

View Poll Results: What are your views on BOG new pricing
I would be happy to pay $62 plus tax and tip each for lunch out of pocket. 6 3.95%
I would only go if I had a Disney Dining Plan. 96 63.16%
I have no interest in going ever anyway. 50 32.89%
Voters: 152. You may not vote on this poll

Old 25 Jun 20, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

I’ve said we won’t go. We went for dinner in 2016 (Paid OOP as only had QSDP then), and it was nice - but not memorable enough to go back in all honesty!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 20, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
That was me. We never stay in Disney and only visit parks when we have grandchildren with us, we know it's a rip off and the food is not impressive but the experience is priceless to see the children's faces.
Good enough reason, if it’s worth it for that it’s certainly a good reason.

Edited at 09:26 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

We have another payer- well done that person.
Old 28 Jun 20, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
MissCellaneous
slightly serious Dibber

I think... perhaps. I had lunch there once, and adored the rooms, but hated the noise and canteen vibe tbh as I felt it didn't match the theming or gravitas around the place.

As an example, I really enjoyed the Skipper canteen by comparison... ohh so chill an experience in the middle of MK, and they put us in the S.E.A room I just realised! ( helped by sangria )

So, I was always curious to see how much better table service might be for dinner, so I'm interested to see if this could 'improve' lunch... does that make any sort of sense? I'm not saying I will do it, and I've heard mixed reports as to the improved experience when it's table service, so - yeah

Edited at 01:05 PM.
MissCellaneous is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
discoclare
Excited about Disney

Why would they do away with breakfast? It's one of the hardest places to get a reservation, packed to the rafters and a fast turnover (at least with early bookings) as people wolf down their food to get in and out ahead of ride queues. they must be making a mint on breakfast.

Last August we had an 8.05am booking, simply to try and get on 7DMT early, that was the only reason to book here as park opening was 9am. We were on free dining and I wasn't expecting anything from the food as everyone says it's terrible, but we actually really enjoyed what we had, I thought it was good and wished we could have hung around a bit longer for a more leisurely breakfast. But we were on a mission for successful early rides so it was more of a military operation!
discoclare is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by MissCellaneous View Post
I think... perhaps. I had lunch there once, and adored the rooms, but hated the noise and canteen vibe tbh as I felt it didn't match the theming or gravitas around the place.

As an example, I really enjoyed the Skipper canteen by comparison... ohh so chill an experience in the middle of MK, and they put us in the S.E.A room I just realised! ( helped by sangria )

So, I was always curious to see how much better table service might be for dinner, so I'm interested to see if this could 'improve' lunch... does that make any sort of sense? I'm not saying I will do it, and I've heard mixed reports as to the improved experience when it's table service, so - yeah
I did not think the TS at dinner changes the atmosphere at all, it is still very busy, noisy and canteen like.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
MissCellaneous
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I did not think the TS at dinner changes the atmosphere at all, it is still very busy, noisy and canteen like.
Yeah I had heard others say that :/ maybe not so much, then!
Old 29 Jun 20, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Sound good, when I retire I’ll be aiming for something similar.
You know where to find me if I can oblige on long stay info YT