Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Jul 20, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by planecrazi3778 View Post
We've got flights booked to our own villa on 27th July. Looking good for it going ahead! 👍
You must mean Europe?
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I gave up on our September trip weeks ago. It was easier than having hopes continually dashed as they would have been. Our flights with VA aren’t even going.
At this rate, I’ll be happy if I see my brother and his family in Ireland this side of Christmas!

Trip Report Index

Edited at 07:15 PM.
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
StonesThree
Getting to know the DIBB

I am trying to get somebody at Virgin Holidays to move our Orlando trip to next year or just refund me. Supposed to be flying out in Nov so its too soon for them to cancel it. TBH I just don't think its worth the risk.

I appreciate that both our governments just want it all to go away. And are prepared to gas light us into thinking it has. But it really hasn't. Unless there is some kind of vaccine by then (or I catch it and recover) how can it be safe? Both the UK and USA have lost control of it. I can't think of a better way to ruin a holiday then having to spend it in hospital struggling to breath! Do I take that risk? Its a very expensive one if I get this wrong. Will my travel insurance cover covid related care? Or will I get stuck with a bill that will bankrupt me? Will I be allowed to fly home if my temperature is a bit high? Will the airline move us onto a later flight for free? Will I have to find money for extra nights in a airport hotel while I get better? Just too many unknowns if the worse case scenario comes to pass.

My employer has said that we will be working from home until at least Jan! Thats crazy right? But if I can't go into an office building thats a 30 min drive from my house do I want to be flying halfway across the world?
StonesThree is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
darsch1982
Imagineer

Acouple weeks ago i was stillpositive our October holiday would still go but seeing as they arent taking control and its just getting worse i dont see us flying or trump opening borders till December at least , i have been so positive but now just waiting on flight cancellations from ba today all August lgw to mco got cancelled so im one step closer to getting money bac,
darsch1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Three or four weeks ago I had thought we might be in a position to go to Florida at Halloween as we usually do.
Now I dont really think there is any chance of that, or unlikely it will be possible for the rest of 2020.
While the CV numbers are massively better now than they were, there seems to be massive volatility and we are sitting on a knife edge and could see things turn very bad very quickly.
In this country we simply are nowhere near where we need to be on testing and tracking to be able to identify problems until they are well progressed.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebecca_
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I feel the same as you. I hope our end of September trip can go ahead, it's for my mums 60th and she probably won't be able to reschedule for next year. So it will be disappointing if it doesn't happen. If I had to put percentages on it I'd say I'm 25% confident of going. Clinging on to a little bit of hope still, but prepared for it to be cancelled.

Me and my boyfriend booked a back up trip for February 2021 which I'm much more confident about.
Old 1 Jul 20, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
POR34
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

I'm still hoping for a Christmas trip and won't give up until I get told it's a no in mid December.
I'm pretty confident that Trump will overturn the ban before the election as he'll want to secure the support of Floridians and what better way to do this than get the tourist industry back up and running.
I'm happy to wear a mask as we've been to WDW many times but I fully understand that for many this isn't the way to go. I'm keeping optimistic but also realistic and if there's still a quarantine on return then that's the downer for me.
POR34 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Cath24601
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by StonesThree View Post
My employer has said that we will be working from home until at least Jan! Thats crazy right? But if I can't go into an office building thats a 30 min drive from my house do I want to be flying halfway across the world?
Been told the same thing, pretty much - I think we’ll end up cancelling our holiday plans for January. Like you say, even if we CAN fly by then, will we WANT to?
Cath24601 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs sun
Imagineer

I feel pretty much the same as many, a few weeks ago I thought by September things would be moving but looking at it now I really don’t think I would plan to go for a long time !
Very sad but it’s reality!
Having said that my booking continues to show my internal and return flights are still going🤣 man to nyc flight looks to be cancelled but I have still not been informed and dial a flight have insisted that haven’t been informed by VA ! Thankfully I also booked nyc hotel so it’s only a deposit!
Mrs sun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by POR34 View Post
I'm still hoping for a Christmas trip and won't give up until I get told it's a no in mid December.
I'm pretty confident that Trump will overturn the ban before the election as he'll want to secure the support of Floridians and what better way to do this than get the tourist industry back up and running.
I'm happy to wear a mask as we've been to WDW many times but I fully understand that for many this isn't the way to go. I'm keeping optimistic but also realistic and if there's still a quarantine on return then that's the downer for me.
Plenty of US tourism they can tap into. I’m pretty sure international tourism is the last of his worries.
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List