Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Jul 20, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

My son has an i10. Essentially the same as a Kia Picanto. We didn’t go with the PSA group cars as the safety rating wasn’t as good. A few of his friends have the same car and a couple have the vw up.(same as Skoda citygo and seat mii. Good reports on them also. I’ve got to say that I think the i10 is a great little car. Obviously you’ll have reasons for the auto but bear in mind that this means that she won’t be able to drive a manual in the future without sitting a further test. Best wishes and good luck to her whatever you choose.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 20, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

Tbh if its an auto on a small engine , either a golf or polo. The golf mk4/5 is one of the lower insurance groups. Smooth reliable boxes and serviceable.
Im not a vag lover but they are reliable reasonably priced reasonable to service nd insurance group might not be the lowest but its the best value for money in the long run
Old 6 Jul 20, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Bonny Scotland
Very Serious Dibber

Bonny Scotland's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Vauxhall corsa d,
Bonny Scotland is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 20, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

My daughters first car was a Ford KA
My eldest 2 sons first cars were a Vauxhall Corsa and a VW Polo
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 20, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
fissycist
Excited about Disney

Mobile

DD has a Toyota Yaris too. Luckily she passed her test middle of February before all the madness kicked in.
It been very handy for her to pick up DH and I up from the station after a long day at work since she returned home in March.
She won’t take it back to university with her so we will have it for younger DD to practive in alongside lessons next year once she turns 17.
fissycist is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 20, 12:34 AM  
Link to this Post
TINKERBELL44
Apprentice Imagineer

My dd19 has a fiat 500 16plate, she loves it! The first years insurance was £1200 but this year it was down to £700.
TINKERBELL44 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 20, 12:39 AM  
Link to this Post
2waterford
VIP Dibber

Mobile

My dd had a skoda fabia for first 2 years, upgraded last week to an Audi A1, which I absolutely love and could see myself zipping around in one.
2waterford is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 20, 12:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneyfans
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

DD passed her test in January and has a ford fiesta and its Fairford her. Great size zero road tax cheap insurance and very economical.
DS had a Peugeot 206 back in 2014 when he was learning to drive (DD actually used it to learn in alongside her lessons). It only got sold recently when DS upgraded to a BMW 1 series. He's now 22 and its extremely economical and road tax is £30.
All the cars have been great
Old 6 Jul 20, 05:46 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We bought DS18 a Kia picanto when he passed over a year ago. We were paying for the car and insurance so we said it had to be a 1 litre. Now he has an apprenticeship and is earning and his insurance is going down I have said he should upgrade to a 1.2 or something but he said he doesn’t see the point...totally different when you have to pay yourself!
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 20, 06:33 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

If it has to be an automatic then your choices in a smaller car will
Be more limited. Also some small automatics have a variable transmission which I am not a fan off.

I’ve always driven automatics and get on well with the VW group and also like Nissans.

I’d be tempted by a VW up or Seat / Skoda equivalents
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List