Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 6 Jul 20, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by katiec68 View Post
I had to go to Inverness for work during lockdown - went up on the train from Kent.

IVe been lots before as a child (my parents are Scottish) but OMG it was simply awesome.

DH and I will be looking at going for a few days at some point.

I loved it - even though I only really had an afternoon to look around.

xx
Sounds good. Any top tips please?
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 20, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

Hopefully as we 're not going to Greece in October a holiday cottage somewhere in the UK for 10 of us 😊😊
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 20, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

We had Florida cancelled for August ( like everyone else!) so booked at week in Norfolk, but over the weekend changed our minds and booked 9 nights in Spain, self catering apt that we’ve stayed in many times before. The accommodation was the same price as Norfolk!
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 20, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
Hopefully we’ll get to go for a week in Corfu in August, I’ve booked an adults only hotel on the beach with a swim up room. Then we have a cottage break (somewhere near Shrewsbury) for October half term and Los Angeles in February half term. I’d like a New Year break too but need some inspiration or to spot a bargain!

I’ve also got weekend breaks booked at The Village hotels in Birmingham (Solihull), Bristol and Blackpool. They’d got a reopening offer for £25 a night which was too good an offer to miss!
Waiting on the supposed Greek announcement today but we’ve booked anyway.
Lots of discussion as husband had never been to Greece before and wanted all inclusive , for me Greece is all about the tavernas . The deciding factor was social distancing is easier self catering and where we are going is all tavernas along a huge bay so dining alfresco. The massive terrace with our studio didn’t hurt either.
Booked with Airbnb so managed 8 nights out at dawn on the Saturday back at nearly midnight Sunday .

I really like those Village hotel deals , the Glasgow one is really nice too and perfect for trips to the Hydro or Science Museum (one day ! )
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 20, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Waiting on the supposed Greek announcement today but we’ve booked anyway.
Lots of discussion as husband had never been to Greece before and wanted all inclusive , for me Greece is all about the tavernas . The deciding factor was social distancing is easier self catering and where we are going is all tavernas along a huge bay so dining alfresco. The massive terrace with our studio didn’t hurt either.
Booked with Airbnb so managed 8 nights out at dawn on the Saturday back at nearly midnight Sunday .

I really like those Village hotel deals , the Glasgow one is really nice too and perfect for trips to the Hydro or Science Museum (one day ! )
We had got the Village booked for this coming Sunday but, with the pool and gym still closed, a 2-hour limit on the restaurant booking and limited amenities in the room, I changed it to December. Fingers crossed it will be closer to normal by then.

Our Corfu holiday has also changed to Turkey; the hotel isn't opening until May 2021 so we got the option to change. It's a week intended to be for some R&R so the location doesn't really matter too much. I wanted a lovely AI hotel with a swim-up room so we don't have to get up early to get a sunbed!
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 20, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
CC71
Apprentice Imagineer

CC71's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hopefully two weeks in Skiathos for us at the end of August. Booked a Jet2 package back in January for a week but I extended it recently to add an extra week given that all our other trips this year have been cancelled. A little nervous regarding the potential for being quarantined but we are both really tired having worked throughout and really could do with some sunshine and relaxation. We have booked a studio apartment With a lovely terrace on a very small complex so social distancing shouldn’t be a problem, really looking forward to eating at the local tavernas too!
Old 16 Jul 20, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Just booked to go to Rhodes in Greece. TUI have lots of offers at the moment
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 20, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mikeclark007
Serious Dibber

mikeclark007's Reviews
Any plans we had for Dubai have been shelved for October as it looks like Emirates have cancelled their morning flight from Manchester to DXB. Not interested in getting the other one that get in at 07:25 in the morning.

Having done that morning flight for the past few years its great for zero jet lag.
mikeclark007 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 20, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by mikeclark007 View Post
Any plans we had for Dubai have been shelved for October as it looks like Emirates have cancelled their morning flight from Manchester to DXB. Not interested in getting the other one that get in at 07:25 in the morning.

Having done that morning flight for the past few years its great for zero jet lag.
I’ve done the overnight one landing at 07.25 once and it’s wasn’t too bad. Had an hours sleep by the pool in the afternoon and caught up. You didn’t Think you got jet lag with Dubai as it’s the wrong way and small time difference
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 20, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
mikeclark007
Serious Dibber

mikeclark007's Reviews
Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
I’ve done the overnight one landing at 07.25 once and it’s wasn’t too bad. Had an hours sleep by the pool in the afternoon and caught up. You didn’t Think you got jet lag with Dubai as it’s the wrong way and small time difference
Yeah I can’t bring myself to do that one having done the other so many times and been very comfortable with it. It’s become part of our routine with an overnight airport hotel stay at Manchester the night before. Can’t understand why they’ve cut that flight from the schedule. I’m guessing the night one is more popular.

Contemplated from Newcastle but even that lands at midnight and is a waste of a first night.

The wife isn’t keen either especially with the 7 year old lad.
mikeclark007 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List