Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Aug 20, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by levtweeney View Post
I really did not think my pupils grades would be moderated down but after reading so many negative posts here I started to panic a bit and decided to check the whole class. All of my assessment grades have stood so none moderated down. Really pleased for the kids, they deserved the grades they got after their super hard work before hand and a nightmare end to their education. Really sorry to hear so many horror stories though.
You're lucky. Some schools have had everyone go down!
caj is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 20, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Originally Posted by levtweeney View Post
I really did not think my pupils grades would be moderated down but after reading so many negative posts here I started to panic a bit and decided to check the whole class. All of my assessment grades have stood so none moderated down. Really pleased for the kids, they deserved the grades they got after their super hard work before hand and a nightmare end to their education. Really sorry to hear so many horror stories though.
Hi can you enlighten us with school and subject. Great for your pupils and school I wish it was as good across the board
jdouds is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 20, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Ds4ljs
Imagineer

Ds4ljs's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by butterflymags View Post
You couldn't make this stuff up, it states ‘ . In circumstances where the centre assessment grade was lower than the mock grade, the student will receive the centre assessment grade.’ So suddenly the teachers CAG grade counts to ensure the kids get the lowest mark.
I agree. My DDs CAG for history is higher than her ‘mock’. It wasn’t a mock as they did one if the three papers and ( as her teacher stated) the hardest one they could find... Her coursework matched her CAG so sad for her. I firmly believe her teachers knew her better than the algorithm.

Edited at 08:51 PM.
Ds4ljs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 20, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
butterflymags
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Ds4ljs View Post
I agree. My DDs CAG for history is higher than her ‘mock’. It wasn’t a mock as they did one if the three papers and ( as her teacher stated) the hardest one they could find... Her coursework matched her CAG so sad for her. I firmly believe her teachers knew her better than the algorithm.
It’s ridiculous they are saying if the CAG is lower than the mock the CAG will stand as it takes into account the whole course but if the CAG is higher then that logic goes out the window.
Old 15 Aug 20, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Dreaming
VIP Dibber

This is a complete change around, what happened to them getting the higher of Mocks, or CAG’s. DS Mocks were higher that his CAG grades, so he has to accept lower marks because he worked had for his exams, I always thought that exams are an indication of what they had learnt.
Disney Dreaming is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 20, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by jdouds View Post
Great , can I ask what school and what did you expect
Local 6th form college.

Expected 4A*.

In the two that gave her A's her teacher assesses mark was A* and she was rank 1 in the year.
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 20, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Originally Posted by jdouds View Post
Hi can you enlighten us with school and subject. Great for your pupils and school I wish it was as good across the board
No can do for my school sorry but as for my subject it is IT.
Old 16 Aug 20, 06:04 AM  
Link to this Post
butterflymags
Excited about Disney

So late last night Ofqual have WITHDRAWN their guidance on mocks and said...
"Earlier today we published information about mock exam results in appeals. This policy is being reviewed by the Ofqual Board and further information will be published in due course."
bbc/news/education-53795831
Old 16 Aug 20, 07:04 AM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 123 View Post
Local 6th form college.

Expected 4A*.

In the two that gave her A's her teacher assesses mark was A* and she was rank 1 in the year.
Hard to understand
jdouds is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
jndt
Imagineer

Ofqual have removed all the information and released a statement

gov.uk/government/news/s...15-august-2020
jndt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List